Panduit Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Panduit President Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan
Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Close to home if you live in the Southwest suburbs of Chicago (in 28 reviews)

• Friendly co-workers, work-life balance, support services (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Too many cooks in the kitchen and many upper management conflicts that need to be resolved (in 32 reviews)

• No common benefits like work from home or summer hours (in 10 reviews)

"The only person I would tell to work here is my worse enemy"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is in the south suburbs so for people out in that area it is close to home. That's is about all that's good

Cons

The worst customer service I've ever worked in. The employees in this department do not matter to management and it's a dumping ground for what others don't want to do. Changes are touted as good for CS but it's really to benefit sales and marketing. Ultimately this adds more work for an overworked under appreciated department. Treated like work horses.

"Not really Temporary"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Lockport, IL
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Lockport, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It started out there was plenty of work and overtime.

Cons

The department I started in was known for keeping temps as temps for long periods of time when they should've been made permanent long ago. Temps end up being used as cheap, replaceable labor and not treated like people there to improve their own lifestyle. They led me to think they were in the process of finding me a permanent position just to string me along for a longer period before firing me.
    New management brought in and messed up the flow of operations.
    Seasoned employees felt threatened and try to get you fired.

Advice to Management

Don't ruin what's been working well before you got there.
    Don't keep a temp longer than 3 months unless you plan on making them permanent.

"Local Company Trying to Be Global"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Local company, very involved in the community. Tuition reimbursement, good 401K match, decent benefits, good vacation after 5 years with the company.

Cons

Limited room for advancement, too much cover your butt situations, things are done backwards and fear of layoffs is always present, management pushes "Do More with Less," management wants you to do the work of 2.5 people. Many positions are low level and trying to improve yourself or your position is futile. Major management changes happen every 2 to 3 years and when this happens the entire organizational structure of the company changes, causing a ripple down affect that pushes any type of development progress to a halt and makes everything you did prior to the change, for naught.

Advice to Management

Increase morale, build development plans for employees that are honored, don't dismiss an employee that is improving his/her education and experience.

"Panduit - Where lying and complacency will take you straight to the top"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Free key chains and coasters

Cons

Constantly lied to about the company not closing locations when they planned to close all along.

Advice to Management

They already know everything.

"Worst place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Engineer in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Salad Bar and Bread Sticks

Cons

Racist place to work, at one occasion personally heard the person responsible for cleaning the floor in the cafeteria " BOY". The person is you guessed correctly is an African heritage and he is my friend.

Advice to Management

If you are lost in a wilderness a map is of no value, you need a compass. A compass which always points to the NORTH. A company which is not principle centered is always lost. By having meaningless managerial training and hoping for better bottom up, and doubling up the effort is still lost.

May 5, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you so much for providing this feedback. Needless to say, you've brought up some very concerning items that we would like to investigate further. If you haven't already done so, please contact... More

"Job eliminations continue"

I have been working at Panduit full-time

Pros

Free parking, clean work environment, close to I-80 so convenient for folks in Indiana too, flex-time which is great for kids doctor appointments.

Cons

Eliminating so many jobs in across many departments even though economy continues to improve. These are not layoffs but job eliminations and a lot of those that were walked out took a lot of valuable industry, company, and product knowledge with them (many were older and likely more expensive which makes one wonder of the company is getting ready to be sold). Culture of fear (of being the next person to be eliminated) is the reality, despite claims of open communication and respect. If you are unlucky enough to be ruled by one of the many poor managers (or Directors or VPs that have multiplied in recent years) your days can range from barely tolerable to worse.

Advice to Management

I gave my ideas, suggestions, advice many times on areas that Panduit could and should improve in; mostly it was ignored but a couple gems I presented were used by management and I was given no credit. Since Panduit would not accept my advice, I offer this to any job seekers---look elsewhere.

"Run! As fast as you can!"

Former Employee - Welder/Fabricator in Burr Ridge, IL
    Former Employee - Welder/Fabricator in Burr Ridge, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Overtime was there if in need of extra money, excessive overtime is not a sign of a good company

Cons

Lack of appreciation, high expectations, way too high, managers lack of knowledge, selfishness, manager arrogance, snobby, brutal way of treating employees no one there is happy trust me, whip style management

Advice to Management

Appreciate workers, downsize managers, you only need one, not a army of overpaid high priced managers, stop cracking the whip, a happy employee is a productive employee, y'all gon learn! After your managers fail to adequately do what employees do. Appreciate those willing to give up their lifestyle to ensure Panduit's success!

Mar 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

We welcome all employee feedback regardless of whether it is positive or negative. Since the experiences you’ve shared conflict with Panduit’s current philosophy and culture, we definitely want to... More

"HEARTLESS COMPANY"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Orland Park, IL
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Orland Park, IL

I worked at Panduit as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay & good hours

Cons

Worked here as a temp for almost a month. While on the job suffered a medical emergency and had to leave to go to the hospital. Had a heart attack and couldn't work for 4 days. Once released to return to work was told because I missed work they didn't want me returning. Really??? What kind of human being does this.

"IT"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Love their products. Well respected company.

Cons

Have to be in the in-crowd to go anywhere. Worst in iT then anywhere else. Colleagues worked hard with little to no recognition.

Advice to Management

Start assessing IT management, who are mostly unqualified to be in their positions. They use fear to manage their staff and if you are in the in-crowd, get promoted.

Feb 17, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thanks so much for your review. Panduit is committed to providing a robust benefits package to our employees and we’re proud of the innovative products that we provide to our customers. We recently... More

"Major deceptive campaigns"

Former Employee - Engineer in Cumming, GA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Cumming, GA

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. This is a family run company that imposes their voting choice (Republican), their governmental beliefs with carefully choice words, and conservative practices. All illegal.

Cons

They've started a massive campaign to get their Glassdoor score up. Note the canned reviews littered all over this page. They were around 1.8 to 2.1 all of the last 2 to 3 years with over 900 reviews. True workin employees don't provide honest reviews of a company with resume bullet type reviews i.e. "Great company", "Great work environment", "Bright future" then lay out consistently between 3 to5 positive bullet statements every single time. Notice these little short concise 5-star reviews with glowing positive and zero Cons littered up and down Panduit's review page. They are lying through their teeth. This is an awful place to work. Employees on the floor and in the offices are on lock down. Every internet account must be reported to Panduit before Your hire date (email, twitter, Facebook, link-in, etc.). They don't tell you why but here it is. You can't talk anywhere except the bathrooms without worrying if a camera recording and security and/or HR watching and lip reading. They have internet scan ware for the word "Panduit" or any of their trademark name products so they can ease drop on your account (which I believe is illegal without a court order. A high school graduate friend I worked with on the floor told of their ease dropping capabilities. He was was communicating with his classmate in another state via the internet and told his friend he worked at Panduit and what kind of work he did. That Monday morning he was summoned to the HR and security office with threats of termination if he said anything about Panduit again. The question was ask was how did Panduit know this? How's that for a great company. That's the tip of the iceberg as to how bad, illegal, and ugly this company is. Work at Panduit at your own risk. You've been warn.

Advice to Management

None, they don't listen and they are too corrupt, untrustworthy, shallow minded, and paranoid.

Feb 9, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager