Panduit Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Panduit President Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan
Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan

Pros
  • Close to home and Short commute (in 26 reviews)

• Good benefits, Good Location, Good Workers (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Too many cooks in the kitchen and many upper management conflicts that need to be resolved (in 32 reviews)

• Career growth is virtually non-existing, lack of top management leadership (in 9 reviews)

"HEARTLESS COMPANY"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Orland Park, IL
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Orland Park, IL

I worked at Panduit as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay & good hours

Cons

Worked here as a temp for almost a month. While on the job suffered a medical emergency and had to leave to go to the hospital. Had a heart attack and couldn't work for 4 days. Once released to return to work was told because I missed work they didn't want me returning. Really??? What kind of human being does this.

"IT"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Love their products. Well respected company.

Cons

Have to be in the in-crowd to go anywhere. Worst in iT then anywhere else. Colleagues worked hard with little to no recognition.

Advice to Management

Start assessing IT management, who are mostly unqualified to be in their positions. They use fear to manage their staff and if you are in the in-crowd, get promoted.

Feb 17, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thanks so much for your review. Panduit is committed to providing a robust benefits package to our employees and we’re proud of the innovative products that we provide to our customers. We recently ... More

"Major deceptive campaigns"

Former Employee - Engineer in Cumming, GA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Cumming, GA

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. This is a family run company that imposes their voting choice (Republican), their governmental beliefs with carefully choice words, and conservative practices. All illegal.

Cons

They've started a massive campaign to get their Glassdoor score up. Note the canned reviews littered all over this page. They were around 1.8 to 2.1 all of the last 2 to 3 years with over 900 reviews. True workin employees don't provide honest reviews of a company with resume bullet type reviews i.e. "Great company", "Great work environment", "Bright future" then lay out consistently between 3 to5 positive bullet statements every single time. Notice these little short concise 5-star reviews with glowing positive and zero Cons littered up and down Panduit's review page. They are lying through their teeth. This is an awful place to work. Employees on the floor and in the offices are on lock down. Every internet account must be reported to Panduit before Your hire date (email, twitter, Facebook, link-in, etc.). They don't tell you why but here it is. You can't talk anywhere except the bathrooms without worrying if a camera recording and security and/or HR watching and lip reading. They have internet scan ware for the word "Panduit" or any of their trademark name products so they can ease drop on your account (which I believe is illegal without a court order. A high school graduate friend I worked with on the floor told of their ease dropping capabilities. He was was communicating with his classmate in another state via the internet and told his friend he worked at Panduit and what kind of work he did. That Monday morning he was summoned to the HR and security office with threats of termination if he said anything about Panduit again. The question was ask was how did Panduit know this? How's that for a great company. That's the tip of the iceberg as to how bad, illegal, and ugly this company is. Work at Panduit at your own risk. You've been warn.

Advice to Management

None, they don't listen and they are too corrupt, untrustworthy, shallow minded, and paranoid.

Feb 9, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

We welcome all employee feedback regardless of whether it is positive or negative. Since the experiences you’ve shared conflict with Panduit’s current philosophy and culture, we definitely want to ... More

"Run away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit (Less than a year)

Pros

The building is nice

Cons

The leadership team has no interpersonal skills. They seem to be frightened of people.
    The HR team is a disaster and highly incompetent
    The company lacks any innovation spirit
    Safety in their manufacturing plants is really not a priority

Advice to Management

Start questioning the HR leadership team : why is there so much turn over in the HR team? Maybe Managing people like in the 70s is not the most appropriate anymore.

Dec 12, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Panduit is committed to continuously evaluating our leadership through employee engagement surveys. Our recent survey results indicate a strong improvement in overall ... More

"Too chaotic"

I have been working at Panduit full-time

Pros

Mostly good people to work with, close to home

Cons

No common benefits like work from home or summer hours. Vision and strategy carry very lofty goals, most of which have been unreasonable every year I've been here. By fourth quarter, belts are tightened when management starts to realize we can't meet those crazy objectives. Teams are so lean - you have to wear a minimum of two hats and it's still not enough. Employees should be pushed within reason. Good people are walking out the door with all of their knowledge and experience because expectations are unrealistic.

Advice to Management

Push to grow the business, but not at the expense of your employees. Quit banking on the next 'shiny' thing and go back to the basics. Actually focus on one or two objectives so that we can collectively achieve them. Open up the checkbook and invest where needed - quit making us use workarounds rather than the current tools needed to do our jobs.

"Top Down Approach"

I worked at Panduit full-time

Pros

You can make a lot of money if you are an "exempt" salaried employee. There are also very good managers, and very good people working at Panduit. If you end up under a good manager, you will be golden. However, some managers outlook on an "exempt" highly paid employee is a bit crazy. Good luck!

Cons

Unfortunately, there are a lot of cons to this place. Everything is based on what the C-suite wants. It is a complete top down approach. There is little to no culture, and very few people want to make a change for the better. They were going through a "culture change" and very few wanted to accept it and move forward. Most times you would hear "that is not the Panduit way". In my specific department, my direct manager was basically not a manager. They wanted things to be completed without any training, any collaboration, and any background on the subject. It was required to work overtime and be "flexible" but the company would not be flexible themselves. They deny your accrued Paid Time Off because it is "busy", however, it was "busy" all year long. Additionally, they do not allow you to work from home unless you wanted to feel like you did something wrong, or were looked at a different way. In terms of collaboration, there was NONE. Basically, there is 1 person that can complete certain tasks, but you cannot talk to that person without permission from management, or if you plan on working until 7pm each day to hypothetically catch them at their desk. Overall, it is a huge disappointment because there are such great people working here, and you can do very well, if only management were a bit better in understanding people!

Advice to Management

#1: Never deny an employees accrued paid time off. #2: Do not assume employees are violating Panduit's policy without proof. #3: If you want your employees to be "flexible," then you should be flexible too, allowing employees to work from home when needed, or allowing them to make their own schedules during business hours. If employees come in at 7:30am or 8am and work through their lunch, but you don't come in until 8:30, don't expect them to be working until the time you work until. #4: Just because you are "busy" all of the time, doesn't mean everyone else should be working overtime, learn to manage your workload and delegate properly and it would work out so much better.

"Struggling to grow up"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some departments and business units have strong and capable leadership, if you are fortunate enough to work in one of them. Decent pay, good benefits.

Cons

Top level leaders are manacled to an old paradigm that's been in place since the company's founding. Management practices haven't moved with the times.

Advice to Management

Clean house at the highest level..

"so many changes...none for the better"

Pros

nothing is getting better in DeKalb

Cons

no one listens to the employees. new management has no idea how to run a warehouse!!!!!!!!!

"Top heavy, no appearant direction"

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Low stress (for my current position) and mostly relaxed atmosphere

Cons

There is no sharing of information from upper management. Employees only find out about an event long after the event takes place.
    Structure is very odd.
    Most C-Level management simply do what they can to maintain employment - not better the business (there is a difference)

Advice to Management

Better sharing practices. Stop picking favorites

"If you need stress, if you want to be treated like a machine that produces high numbers Panduit is the place for you..."

Current Employee - Warehouse Technician I in DeKalb, IL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Technician I in DeKalb, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, free coffee and from time to time free muffins

Cons

The plant Management doesn't care about the employees, there is no support from human resources or anyone. Your complains ideas and suggestions will be ignored. The treatment to the employees is very selective if you do not have a friend or relative in a higher position YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK.

Advice to Management

To the DeKalb management only: If you are wearing earplugs - please remove them. and please stop repeating the same "we are all equal" story you have being saying over and over we are SICK and TIRED of it. We no longer believe on you, we do not trust you.