Panduit Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Panduit President Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan
Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan

Pros
  • Close to home and Short commute (in 26 reviews)

• Good benefits, Good Location, Good Workers (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is the old boy's clubs (in 33 reviews)

• Career growth is virtually non-existing, lack of top management leadership (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Customer Support Coordinator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

World wide company with great benefits, professional atmosphere, job advancement, good location in South Suburbs.

Cons

Jobs have been eliminated.

Advice to Management

I participated and was certified in the Culture of accountability training. My advise would to be to offer it to all new employees. I think it is great.

Dec 12, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thanks for your feedback! We are proud to announce that all of Panduit's global employees have received the culture training. A class was recently held for newly hired employees and we will offer ... More

2. "Family Office Director"

Current Employee - Famly Office Director in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Famly Office Director in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am very new to the organization so my experience here is limited. However, the people and culture here is exceptional.

Cons

I am new to the organization. No Cons noted to date.

Mar 1, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Welcome to Panduit! We're very happy to have you on our team and appreciate your positive review.

3. "Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities To Grow
    Learning and Development Opportunities
    Feedback Driven Culture
    Open Door Culture and Environment

Cons

Old School Style Of Thinking At Times

Advice to Management

Continue to work towards a positive, growing and learning culture.

Jan 13, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Your insight is greatly appreciated! Panduit is continuing to move in a strong direction with regards to our shifting culture, geared towards focused feedback and positive accountability. We ... More

5. "Established company with strong future"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Panduit as a contractor

Pros

I'm impressed with the cohesiveness of this global company. It's a refreshing corporate environment with strong goals and values -- something you don't always find in the southwest suburbs.

Cons

Upper management can become a little bubbled in on the top floors, but it's always nice to see company execs eating with employees in the cafeteria and making themselves as accessible as they can.

Advice to Management

Continue to make yourselves available to your employees and be as transparent as you possibly can.

6. "Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Richmond, VA

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent company. Professional, dedicated to training, dedicated to excellence. Good pay package, insurance and 401K

Cons

My experience with management overall was excellent. However in 2008 they had a new national sales manager whom I found hard to work with. He is no longer with the company.

Advice to Management

Hire good people and get out of their way.

Dec 28, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you for the review! Our goal is to provide even more learning and development opportunities for Panduit employees in the near future. We appreciate your 10+ years of service and wish you all ... More

7. "60 plus years for a reason"

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, work/life balance, ethical owners

Cons

Rumor mill runs ramped. Focus on your job and not the gossip

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing.

Dec 22, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

We appreciate your positive review! Panduit is proud to have many dedicated employees like you, who have helped the organization to become as successful as it is today. We look forward to an amazing ... More

8. "Organizational Change Management Lead"

Current Contractor - Change Management Consultant in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Contractor - Change Management Consultant in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Panduit is a global brand manufacturing good, useful products and value-added solutions. The Tinley World Headquarters is located in a beautiful LEED property which is pristinely maintained. Family friendly employer with competitive benefits. You hear of people moving around internally fairly frequently. People are friendly. A business transformation has been underway since 2014/2015 and I see positive cultural changes incrementally happening along with increased strategic focus on achieving results by the leadership team. They are building an internal office of change management to support strategic programs signaling their commitment to doing things better and differently. Panduit is a good place to work.

Cons

Looking at areas such as organizational change management and enterprise project management from a capability maturity model, Panduit is at the low end but making focused effort to improve. If you like to contribute to process improvement and share ideas to improve things - you may appreciate finding opportunities to contribute. If you need to walk into an environment where the capability maturity is already very high, you may find it frustrating.

Advice to Management

Keep sharing the monthly financial updates. Embrace a more iterative approach to delivering enhancements and celebrate the little wins along the way because they all add up. Offer more targeted opportunities to help people really learn and understand the Panduit business operating model.

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people who work here are great. Most have been here for a significant amount of time which, to me, means it's a great company to work for.

Cons

Company is going through a transitional/growth period and there are many things that can be construed as "up in the air". However, I think everything is moving in a positive direction.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees. Panduit conducts a lot of employee surveys but I'm not convinced that they always interpret them correctly.

10. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity for advancement and personal growth. I love the people that i work with. Good compensation and benefits.

Cons

I love working here. I don't have anything negative about the company.

"FABULOUS!!!!"

I have been working at Panduit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very large, global corporation, supporting a high growth market with a diverse and sophisticated customer base. Amazing benefits, world class work environment with really smart people!

Cons

There are very few if any Cons at Panduit, I can see. Having worked elsewhere for nearly 25 years, I so appreciate the environment and culture here. Panduit is transitioning from a family run to a family owned company, which may cause some long term employees anxiety as change is difficult. However the intent is to grow the business, which is uniquely positioned for success in an expanding market. I applaud management for their devotion to the Founders' principles, as they adapt to the needs of a growing business.

Advice to Management

Growing pains might result from the changes you are making, but continue to be bold and stay the course! New ideas and fresh thinking will energize the company.