Panduit Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Panduit President Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan
Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Close to home if you live in the Southwest suburbs of Chicago (in 28 reviews)

• Friendly co-workers, work-life balance, support services (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Too many cooks in the kitchen and many upper management conflicts that need to be resolved (in 32 reviews)

• No common benefits like work from home or summer hours (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Supervisor"

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Great work environment
    -Great pay
    -Great benefits
    -Great 401k and Profit Sharing
    -Plenty of room for career growth
    -Great work/life balance
    -Management make a great effort to ensure employees are engaged and involved

Cons

You will not get rich working at Panduit. However, the positives out weigh the negatives here.

Panduit Response

Mar 1, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

We appreciate your feedback! There are many advantages that come with working at Panduit and that includes being a part of a growing, fantastic team. Thanks again for taking the time to submit your... More

"A lot of potential, some changes could be on the way."

Current Employee - Manager in Tinley Park, IL

Pros

Awesome tuition program and development opportunities. They are paying for me to get an advanced degree and I never even see a bill.

New, state of the art world headquarters is being built and will be fantastic.

Good ideas.

Recruitment program is good, seeks to hire the best employees.

Cons

Bogged down in procedure. Focus is on process improvement but senior management ties your hands behind your back. The process improvement department overall is a joke. They put the focus on the process rather than the result. What a waste.

They have a lot of good ideas. But their focus is so muddy, they get so mired down in buzzwords, that nothing gets done EFFECTIVELY. It can be frustrating.

Performance management needs refocusing. The great recruitment plan ensures that we hire the best employees, but then I am only allowed to rate 5% of them as top performers at the end of the year. This impacts morale. If we're hiring top candidates, wouldn't it stand to reason that we would have more top performers? We let good people get away by not rewarding them.

No flexibility for exempt employees...no work from home, no telecommuting at all.

Advice to Management

Empower your people, trust in the talent you have. Better vacation/sick/time off policies. Don't make exempt employees badge in and out.

"Panduit is a business. Treat it as such and manage your time as though it was your business and you will be successful"

Current Employee - Sale Representative in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Sale Representative in Canton, OH

Pros

Panduit products are innovative and highly respected in the industry. Pleasure to promote and sell in the market place. Known for enabling sales to have the tools necessary to be successful. District management open to innovative thinking and positively rewards forward thinking. I am a better sales person for having worked for Panduit and look to grow and prosper as our company does.

Cons

As compared with other companies its size, no real down sides worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Senior management could spend more time in the field. It helps to reintroduce your selves to our customers

"Business where you can grow your Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Pros

Panduit is a business that is able to adapt to economic and industry changes. The company has continued to grow eventhough most manufacturing based companies in US have decreased. The business shares it's profits with employees and reinvests a large portion back into the business thru expanding into new product offerings, infrastructure(systems/buildings) and its employees. I've been with Panduit 18 years and have been promoted numerous times. The company has a fantastic training and employee support programs.

Cons

The company is believes in continuous improvement which also means continuous changes. This can be challenging at times, but also means that the business is not afraid to make the decisions and risks that it will take to survive in a competetive environment.

Advice to Management

Stick with the strategy, it's definitely working. Please continue to share information to employees in Annual Quality presentation, Quarterly State of business webinar, Weekly employee news. The Lean program is also very beneficial in terms of allowing employees to communicate their suggestions and ideas to improve processes.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Pros

Great place to work; good people, excellent leadership. The company has a good future and is moving in the right direction.

Cons

No cons - a large global manufacturer and don't have to take the trip downtown.

Advice to Management

No advice for management. I think they are doing a good job running the company in a tough economy.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Tinley Park, IL

Pros

Has issues like any company, but cares about its employees and goes out of its way to ensure they are treated properly. Hard work is rewarded, poor performance is penalized.

Panduit is very well run and is always thinking of the long-term.

Cons

Tends to hang onto poor performers too long.

Advice to Management

Keep going, you're doing the right things.

7. "Great place with flexible hours."

Current Employee - Engineer in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Engineer in Orland Park, IL

Pros

Badge allows you to come and go as you please. Great pay.

Cons

Many angry people in this world and at Panduit.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and spread the money to all.

"Panduit is getting better at what they do"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Pros

A growing company with many new products and is offering jobs to the displaced workers. I am proud that Panduit is changing for the better and realizing that people drive the manufacturing processes that produce quality producrts.

Cons

The past two years have been tough for everyone. Look around, the world is changing rapidly. They have been a command and control culture.

Advice to Management

Lighten up a little, listen to your people.

"Panduit is a good company to work for with good benefits and an engaging, challenging work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Pros

Panduit offers an excellent benefits package including continuing education program, and they offer a challenging work environment. They are a large company, yet small enough that the average employee can feel like they can make an impact.

Cons

There may be excessive focus on top talent as opposed to the growth and development of every employee. As is common with large corporations, any employee must be able to deal with change management.

Advice to Management

Be more open with the intents of your actions, both short- and long-range. Your employees are intelligent and can see underlying motives.

"SynapSense provides a compelling, open and healthy work environment."

Current Employee - Director in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

SynapSense provides a compelling and stimulating work environment. As a small, rapidly growing company, each of us can see the impact of our efforts on a daily basis. Teamwork is very clearly part of the culture. Senior management conducts business with a focus on ethics, integrity and transparency. As shareholders we all understand clearly the goals of the company and in my experience, each person is highly invested in our success. Our disciplined approach to work is balanced by a "family first" core value. It truly is a great place to work....Really!

Cons

There is always risk in a small company but that is also part of the reward, as we have grown so much over the past years. We can see our successes as we look back and are proud of how far we have come. It is a unique opportunity to be a part of something from the ground floor.

Advice to Management

Continue to staff for success