Panduit Reviews | Glassdoor

Panduit Reviews

Updated July 10, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Close to home and Short commute (in 26 reviews)

• Friendly co-workers, work-life balance, support services (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is the old boy's clubs (in 32 reviews)

• No common benefits like work from home or summer hours (in 10 reviews)

1. "Product Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a Product Manager, you are the product owner. You are responsible for the growth of the product. You are surrounded with knowledgeable resources that can guide you along the way.

Cons

There are a lot of procedures in place, but on a positive note the company is working on improving this.

Mar 30, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

We appreciate your feedback! Panduit is proud of the many products that we provide to our customers. Our product managers - along with all of our employees - have a major impact on Panduit's future... More

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive company culture with a strong emphasis on teamwork. This company is clearly vested in their employees and readily provides them the training and tools to be successful.

Cons

Being relatively new, I have yet to encounter the downsides.

Mar 30, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thanks so much for your review! Avoiding silos is definitely a key focus in Panduit's culture journey and we want to ensure that our employees are equipped for success. Welcome to the Panduit team... More

"Worst place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Engineer in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Salad Bar and Bread Sticks

Cons

Racist place to work, at one occasion personally heard the person responsible for cleaning the floor in the cafeteria " BOY". The person is you guessed correctly is an African heritage and he is my friend.

Advice to Management

If you are lost in a wilderness a map is of no value, you need a compass. A compass which always points to the NORTH. A company which is not principle centered is always lost. By having meaningless managerial training and hoping for better bottom up, and doubling up the effort is still lost.

May 5, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you so much for providing this feedback. Needless to say, you've brought up some very concerning items that we would like to investigate further. If you haven't already done so, please contact... More

"Job eliminations continue"

I have been working at Panduit full-time

Pros

Free parking, clean work environment, close to I-80 so convenient for folks in Indiana too, flex-time which is great for kids doctor appointments.

Cons

Eliminating so many jobs in across many departments even though economy continues to improve. These are not layoffs but job eliminations and a lot of those that were walked out took a lot of valuable industry, company, and product knowledge with them (many were older and likely more expensive which makes one wonder of the company is getting ready to be sold). Culture of fear (of being the next person to be eliminated) is the reality, despite claims of open communication and respect. If you are unlucky enough to be ruled by one of the many poor managers (or Directors or VPs that have multiplied in recent years) your days can range from barely tolerable to worse.

Advice to Management

I gave my ideas, suggestions, advice many times on areas that Panduit could and should improve in; mostly it was ignored but a couple gems I presented were used by management and I was given no credit. Since Panduit would not accept my advice, I offer this to any job seekers---look elsewhere.

"Technical Systems Engineer"

I worked at Panduit full-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Upper Management is the old boy's clubs.

Mar 1, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you so much for your review and for your service to Panduit. We wish you the best!

6. "Supervisor"

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Great work environment
    -Great pay
    -Great benefits
    -Great 401k and Profit Sharing
    -Plenty of room for career growth
    -Great work/life balance
    -Management make a great effort to ensure employees are engaged and involved

Cons

You will not get rich working at Panduit. However, the positives out weigh the negatives here.

Mar 1, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

We appreciate your feedback! There are many advantages that come with working at Panduit and that includes being a part of a growing, fantastic team. Thanks again for taking the time to submit your... More

7. "Family Office Director"

Current Employee - Famly Office Director in Tinley Park, IL
    Current Employee - Famly Office Director in Tinley Park, IL

I have been working at Panduit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am very new to the organization so my experience here is limited. However, the people and culture here is exceptional.

Cons

I am new to the organization. No Cons noted to date.

Mar 1, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Welcome to Panduit! We're very happy to have you on our team and appreciate your positive review.

8. "Product Management"

I have been working at Panduit full-time

Pros

successful company, nice facility, good pay, good benefits

Cons

silos, difficult to get simple tasks completed, lack of employee appreciation, veteran employees tired and unhappy with change

Advice to Management

be more transparent, appreciate employees, make more efficient procedures

Mar 6, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thanks for your insight! Panduit is working hard to eliminate silos within our organization and to ensure that we are working effectively across teams. We also want to make sure our employees feel... More

"Interviewing?? Ask about the turnover."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collectively some of the nicest people. Competetive Pay for Southside company

Cons

Poor accountability.

The personification of Groupthink.

Track record of creating an environment where most of the best talent has come and gone due to frustation, disorganization, consistantly changing targets, or failed commitments of promisses that are often not delivered.

Very much steeped in the buddy system and nepotism where employees that are liked or buddies of executives are given passes on poor performance in terms of the results that they deliver.

Matrix leadership is so convoluted that change management is extremely slow and often ineffective.

Turnover is VERY high for, at least at headquarters.

There is a lot of “leadership” from people without the educational or professional experience to justify their standing in the roles they hold.

Unwilling to make necessary investments in resources and people to achieved stated goals… not walking the walk. Expectations to drive $100M of results with fraction of necessary inputs to achieved stated goals thus resulting in many who are over worked and/or anxious about their job security.

Resistance to align various organizations to assure proper strategic alignment of stated objectives…. Too many people self-interested in their own power centers.

Lastly, this is a company that has collectively failed to acknowledge the commodization of its products and there is not enough differentiation of its products and offerings that justify its historic price premiums. This does not bode well for long term growth and sustainability of the company in its current structure which means that a major change in the business formation is inevitable with the current offerings.

Advice to Management

See above

Feb 17, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thanks so much for your constructive feedback. We are definitely proud to have some of the nicest employees and want to ensure that they are paid fairly and equitably for the work that they do. Like... More

"Run! As fast as you can!"

Former Employee - Welder/Fabricator in Burr Ridge, IL
    Former Employee - Welder/Fabricator in Burr Ridge, IL

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Overtime was there if in need of extra money, excessive overtime is not a sign of a good company

Cons

Lack of appreciation, high expectations, way too high, managers lack of knowledge, selfishness, manager arrogance, snobby, brutal way of treating employees no one there is happy trust me, whip style management

Advice to Management

Appreciate workers, downsize managers, you only need one, not a army of overpaid high priced managers, stop cracking the whip, a happy employee is a productive employee, y'all gon learn! After your managers fail to adequately do what employees do. Appreciate those willing to give up their lifestyle to ensure Panduit's success!

Mar 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

We welcome all employee feedback regardless of whether it is positive or negative. Since the experiences you’ve shared conflict with Panduit’s current philosophy and culture, we definitely want to... More