Panduit Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Panduit President Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan
Thomas C. (Tom) Donovan

Pros
  • Close to home and Short commute (in 26 reviews)

• Good benefits, Good Location, Good Workers (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is the old boy's clubs (in 33 reviews)

• Career growth is virtually non-existing, lack of top management leadership (in 9 reviews)

1. "Customer service representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good team spirit, nice people...

Cons

product training is not well organize... way too late in the training process

"worked for Panduit what a mistake .. customer service"

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the product? what else not the people

Cons

I have worked for Panduit a few years ago. I was in the customer service team.
    After a while they tried to get rid of me , they were thinking of ways to fail my probation time.
    I had to do a long test, was there about two months. My score was not that bad but they were looking for faults to fail me. There was a trainer for new starters she made my life a hell.
    She did everything she could to convince my manager that I was not ok. I was nice to her so did not understand this game. My manager did not give me a chance and kept saying I should improve.. well if you gave me a chance I could have. I had 10 years experience in my field.

Advice to Management

Do not just listen to managers.. some do not want to give new starters a chance

"Not recommended"

Former Employee - Customer Service in London, England (UK)

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Quality of products. Panduit has a great range of products that customers like and want to buy.

Cons

You are not valued as an employee and team work between departments is non-existent. Morale is low in many of the teams.
    It is all about profit for the company at any cost. Employees are let go and made redundant on a regular basis, as well as employees leaving at their own accord.
    Management doesn't seem to have a clear strategy of where they want the company to go. Strategies are changed on monthly basis.
    Bonuses are not paid out for the sales team, which means that they are constantly looking for new people to sell their products.
    Excessive American styled processes, everything takes time and needs approvals.

Advice to Management

In Europe, US styled processes do not work.

5. "Relaxed Customer Service Job"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in London, England (UK)

I worked at Panduit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Customer service is B2B and is very relaxed, customers are nice and easy to deal with. Standard hours, decent pay for job done.

Cons

Not very challenging and not really any opportunity to progress

Advice to Management

Give people a career plan

"Don't come here"

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

no pros that i can think of

Cons

I agree with others who have said this is not a company that has experienced management. The management team have been promoted from other areas of the business, or made sideway moves into roles they have no understanding of. All of which are in the USA WHQ, this is leading to good people leaving, because they are tired of constantly firefighting the mistakes they make in HQ. If new people join in the USA they are surrounded by these type of people and soon will follow this Panduit culture.

Sales commission payments are always wrong and you are not encouraged to ask for this to be made correct or explained. If you ask, you will be considered a problem, even if all you ask is for it to be made clear how this has been worked out. There is a big culture of secrecy in the USA WHQ.

The company is trying to encourage a culture of changing things, but this is led by the same people who are the problem in the first place. This will not change anything, these same people will make the same mistakes, by making everyone around them clean up their mistakes and hide behind them.

Advice to Management

No advice, because you will not change. The owners need to look at your lack of skills, how you are destroying the business in Europe and Asia and replace you with experienced managers from outside of Panduit.

"Watch out for positive reviews"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good products is probably the only one

Cons

The leadership team, particularly senior level, is the real issue. There is a trial and error approach to everything from main strategy to day to day. Most of the time Managers are just acting to maintain the status quo or maintain their role whilst things go belly up. The whole organization is in chaos. Watch out for the positive reviews. You can see Panduit has started to post on this site...
    Joining this company can be really a career damaging step.

Panduit Response

Jun 2, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you for your response. We are very proud of our products and it definitely shows. We are happy to read all the Pros and Cons that everyone places on the site as we are looking for ... More

"Addressed to whoever is considering to join Panduit"

I worked at Panduit full-time

Pros

Offers free parking and easy access to public transport, clean office and free hot drinks.
    Flexi time is very convenient (provided you're not expected to work 70 hours a week!).
    Decent remuneration package, including private medical insurance.
    Christmas Parties are always organized in cool London locations.
    Lots of (unexploited) talent outside the senior executive team.
    Good product range, well established because of the legacy.

Cons

Your journey with Panduit normally starts when you figure out you're not in the role you signed up for - I mean the role you discussed over the interview process. You will find a toxic environment instead: on one hand you will be fire fighting all the time to avoid having to take the blame for issues which are not under your direct control. On the other hand, when you try and liaise with other departments to fix the root cause for problems, you will hit the resistance of a very well established management team, which rules by fear and intimidation, wanting to achieve nothing other than conserving the status quo.
    Lots of empty talk from your superiors, who keep talking "large sentences speech" with no real meaning… This applies especially to the pricing department, where the word strategy gets mentioned up to 5 times within the same sentence...
    Overall there is nothing to learn: apart from the firefighting, you will be asked to keep a log of your daily activities on a spreadsheet to show how you make use of your time. You then get taken away your daily (firefighting) duties at least twice a year, most of the time engaging in some sort of "fictional" activity which has got nothing to do with your role (or even the business). In some cases they even reserve the right to change your role forever (if you don't like it you will get harassed until you had enough and leave).
    HR is completely dysfunctional, except from either covering up unethical behavior or executing senior management commands, mainly driven by the US (nasty most of the time!!).
    You're not allowed to take holiday over the amount accrued, meaning you can't take a couple of weeks off at the beginning of the year, for example (might have changed now as this was so ridiculous).
    Staff moral was, and still is, very low, I left on my own terms together with loads of other people around that time, still now there is more people either leaving or looking to leave…
    Problem is that when you're looking to leave you might struggle finding a real job as you might find yourself being out of the game for quite a while...

Advice to Management

Now that you learnt how to milk the cow, make sure you make the most out of it... It won't last forever and as soon as you're forced to enter the real world, getting a real job, the pay will not be the same!!
    Make sure you make the most out of the "nepotism" culture to benefit your own relatives and carry on asking university kids to write their reviews on Glassdoor because real employees' reviews are not going to be good …
    Good luck!

Panduit Response

Jun 2, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

We value your opinion and embrace the opportunity to learn from it. We are very proud of the benefits that we offer our employees and strive to ensure they are competitive with the market. We have ... More

"Experience within a private company"

Current Employee - Channel Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Channel Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people in Europe. Core decisions made in the US. Sadly every day escalation requires senior leaders to support and push through

Cons

Lack of resources, slow to make decisions.

Advice to Management

make changes quicker, ensure all are bought into the strategy (grass root am's). Empower every employee rather than just senior management

"very satisfied with the self development, long term company vision and steadily growing business"

I worked at Panduit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Panduit has a very good company vision for physical infrastructure and is combining the capabilities of both Data Center and Electrical Products together and involving to be the leader in energy saving and infrastructure management industry.

Cons

The communication has been improved but still not perfect.

"Leadership team"

Current Employee - Executive
    Current Employee - Executive

I have been working at Panduit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent and innovative product range and solutions. Has many talented people.

Cons

A leadership team which is ultra conservative and prehistoric in their management style. It operates a blame culture and, the CFO in particular, is very narrow minded in outlook and "rules" by fear.

Advice to Management

Time for major changes at the top in order to bring the company into the 21st century.