Pangaia Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Gerry Mc Ilraith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Pangaia Partners"

I have been working at Pangaia Partners full-time

Pros

Nice and easy going senior management

Cons

Not enough work to remain employed

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Pangaia Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is truly loyal to their employees and clients. They are not afraid to think outside the box for creative ways to provide inventive solutions. Benefits are good, and they believe in work/life balance.

Cons

Nothing noteworthy thus far.

Advice to Management

Continue to believe and trust in your employees to represent you well.

3. "IT Consultant"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Pangaia Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Progressive dynamic company in growth mode. Treat their people well, pay is great. Great work ethic and company culture.

Cons

very busy, need to cover multiple areas at times

Advice to Management

Keep the business growing

"Steer Clear"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Pangaia Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They provide reimbursement for certifications and they seem to have a decent client base.

Cons

You are only good for the length of your contract. Terrible work system from the top down. The management/sales dudes doesn't value you as a person, just as a resource they can throw on a project, low ball you and collect. No regards for your career interest or growth. A very clear example of what little regard they have for their employees is outlined on their website...check out that "flag ship?"

Advice to Management

Put some of that $10 Million dollar working capital into some sensitivity training for your management and administrative team.

"AV Technician"

Current Employee - AV Technician in New York, NY
    Current Employee - AV Technician in New York, NY

I have been working at Pangaia Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

work/life balance, yearly review,

Cons

no growth, bad management, benefits

Advice to Management

learn different strategies to not lose business and cost great employees jobs

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Good pay and they leave you alone for the most part. Trying to make progress with Cisco partnership.

Cons

It is a body shop. They hire people and dump them as soon as the contract ends. Partners are not trust worthy and treat people terrible at times. No communication with the employees and no room for growth.

Advice to Management

Get out of the business or hire someone to run your company and grow the business. A lot of good people, but run like a complete dictatorship. Adopt teleworking and join the 21st Century....

"Not a great company"

Former Employee - SharePoint Administrator in East Orange, NJ
    Former Employee - SharePoint Administrator in East Orange, NJ

I worked at Pangaia Partners (More than a year)

Pros

They found me a good role, pay was great.

Cons

When my contract hit 1 yr it was supposed to be extended but it wasn't then I was told that if my contract role ends they will have something for me & they didnt. I reached out several times & no call back & i was not able to speak to my old rep. The company is not that big & they need to establish more clients for thwir employee's.

Advice to Management

Make sure if a contract is ending for an employee, you have something else for them. We have bills & families & people need work. Establish a good relationship with your clients so you can always have places to send your employees.

"Good stepping stone but not much there."

Former Employee - AV Technician in Rutherford, NJ
    Former Employee - AV Technician in Rutherford, NJ

I worked at Pangaia Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, they don't bother you much. Unless you are desperate for a job don't work for these people. They could care less about you.

Cons

Absolutely no room for advancement. They DO NOT hire from within. They would rather hire inexperienced people for cheap rather than promote from within.
    The Senior Partners could care less about their employees & have next to little interaction with them. Very deceitful in their practices. They lost a contract and were not going to tell the employees until a week before until they were forced to tell us.

Advice to Management

We aren't numbers on a page, we are people, treat employees with some class. Be upfront with employees, especially when they already know what's going on.
    Upper management, YOU are the problem here!

"Worst company ever, definitely don't care about employees"

Current Employee - Audio Visual in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Audio Visual in New York, NY

I have been working at Pangaia Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I must enter at least 5 words for pros in order for this review to be valid. They have great pay and a great open bar holiday party.

Cons

No communication of any sort. When we lost the contract to the place we had been based out of, we heard about 3 months before our company told us about it and it was only because they were forced to by the client. To make matters worse. There is a BS non-compete clause that prevents the new AV company from taking us. You have no other accounts where to place us and expect us to just be un-employed. They sent me on an interview with someone that I used to work with in hopes that I could help them close on a contract. So there are people who work for us that are 60+yrs old, what viable AV job can they get at this age? They are screwed and all of us are screwed for having to deal with it. You already lost the contract what is it going to hurt you.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves, you're negligence and complacency lost this contract and you're taking it out on the employees

10. "Network Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer

I have been working at Pangaia Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has some excellent clients, projects and talent. The project workload is challenging and I work for an excellent head of engineering. I have worked for a previous network integrator but this company far exceeds the other for a simple reason: The team work is excellent and they care about their customers. The company has an excellent health plan and all engineers receive quarterly bonuses.

Cons

The company is growing so sometimes staff is stretched. While this is to be expected in growing companies, it needs to be addressed.

Advice to Management

Keep growing, listen to your staff and continue to provide excellent service to the customers.