Panorama Education Reviews | Glassdoor

Panorama Education Reviews

Updated Oct 23, 2019

5.0
Panorama Education CEO Aaron Feuer (no image)
Aaron Feuer

"Everyone is so nice"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Panorama Education full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is extremely nice and they treat you like a human being. They really value diversity and it shows in their numbers. Free lunch on Thursdays

Cons

There's a few historic tours of Boston that occur outside of the building which can get mildly annoying if they include drummers.

Panorama Education2019-10-23
  2. "Truly a great place to work at"

Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Panorama Education full-time for less than a year

Pros

Panorama is delivering on its mission: to radically improve students' outcomes by enabling educators to better serve them through data and insights. The company is growing and its products are loved by its growing number of customers. We introduce a constant stream of innovation that is well accepted in the market. People work hard and get great results. Everyone has a great team spirit and it is just great to come in the morning and work with other team members.

Cons

We're still a startup, so we have a lot to figure out in terms of processes and scaling up our work. That sometimes mean that we're doing things for the first time. rolling up our sleeves and figuring out how to do things. We have a lot of hiring to do, so workload is sometime high. But everything we do creates great impact, so it's worth it..

Continue reading
    Panorama Education2019-07-24
  3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Outreach Director

I have been working at Panorama Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Panorama has been an enjoyable experience! Our work helps educators use data to support every and importantly, EACH, student's needs -- with that distinction taking into consideration individual circumstances. As a mission-driven tech company, we sit at the intersection of innovation and impact. I'm personally thankful for the opportunity to collaborate with a group of team members from wide-ranging backgrounds. For instance, some of us have served in AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and/or the military. Many of us are former educators, teachers, administrators. We now serve in various capacities as designers, coders, engineers, and thought-partners and consultants to our clients.

Cons

While we have tremendous work to do to improve our efforts in regards to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), I'm encouraged by the shared passion for transforming student outcomes which unifies us. We are a dynamic company so comfort with change is a must.

Panorama Education2019-01-23
  4. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Panorama Education full-time for less than a year

Pros

Panorama's value of being the best part of our clients day feeds into fostering a very collaborative, driven, innovative, and supportive culture. The company is always looking to improve and everyone (from new hire up to co-founders) has a say in this. This is not something you would see in many other places! As an engineer, this has really created a welcoming environment for contributing and sharing new ideas and solutions to the problems that we face.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything I would consider a con of working here. As the organization grows, there will definitely be a need to address that growth while maintaining the positive culture but I'm optimistic that higher management will do this (and is already thinking about it)

Panorama Education2018-12-21
  5. "Amazing place, mission, and people"

I have been working at Panorama Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is so incredible to work at a company with such a real and intensely valuable impact on educators, students, and schools. There is such a shared dedication to the impact that we have on education, and it is an incredibly motivating force. As an engineer, there is a lot of support from our client-facing employees to get involved directly with our clients. We are encouraged to shadow training sessions, join calls with educators, and otherwise see the direct impact of our work. These experiences are an awesome way to both see the incredible work our client-facing coworkers do every day, and get to experience the very real impact our day-to-day work has on real districts. The engineering culture is a very supportive and collaborative one, with a lot of room for individuals taking initiative on ideas they are passionate about. There's not a lot of top-down decision making re: our day-to-day workflows or technical decisions - so much is accomplished just via making plans and having conversations with your coworkers. While diversity in tech isn't great and definitely isn't solved here at Panorama, I do have a lot of appreciation for how seriously everyone takes it here. This has resulted in Panorama engineering being the most diverse team I've worked on. Work-life balance on engineering has been very good in my experience - I feel very supported in taking time off, ending the day at 5, shifting my schedule if I need to, and letting coworkers know when I need some unexpected time off for extenuating circumstances. Overall, you will find a lot of really caring and brilliant people here - I am inspired by and grateful for my coworkers every day!

Cons

While the company is taking diversity and equity very seriously, efforts in that direction have had a number of false starts and felt a little disorganized. Still better than anywhere else I've worked, but I think a lot could be said for creating a more dedicated role or set of roles around these topics!

Panorama Education2018-11-16
  6. "Amazing Team"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Panorama Education full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- The people at Panorama are beyond amazing. Smart, thoughtful, diverse, supportive, fun. People look out for each other. - The company cares about hiring a phenomenal team and treating them well. Great benefits, flexible hours, competitive salary, etc. Strong focus on hiring and retaining a diverse (across all dimensions) team. - The work is meaningful. Everyone at the company truly cares about improving the lives of students and teachers through our work. - The company is open about things that can be improved, and both welcomes and solicits honest feedback. - Panorama empowers its employees. Very little "top-down" decision-making. If you're interested in an aspect of the company that's a little bit outside your job description, you're encouraged to get involved in it.

Cons

Sometimes deadlines can lead to stress, though it seems to vary a lot by role.

Continue reading
    Panorama Education2018-11-07

"Great people, great product, great mission"

I have been working at Panorama Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

Collaborative working environment and humble employees. It is clear to me what growth as a software engineer looks like, and I feel supported in my professional development. There are frequent spaces for reflection and feedback, with the flexibility to adjust team processes that may not be working.

Cons

Huge efforts are being made in improving diversity at Panorama, and I would like to see an even greater push for diversity in management roles.

Panorama Education2018-10-27
  8. "So happy to come to work each day!"

I have been working at Panorama Education full-time

Pros

The people! It is wonderful working beside people who genuinely wish to improve the lives of kiddos. I've never worked on such a thoughtful, driven, hard-working team. There's abundant opportunity for professional growth and development. It is exciting to be able to propose new projects and have the autonomy to run with them. As a feedback company, Panorama does a great job of deliberately acting on employee feedback.

Cons

As with any startup, there's a lot of work to be done! This is very exciting, but some individuals and teams may work long hours during certain seasons.

Panorama Education2018-09-30
  9. "A wonderful place with great people and ambitious goals"

Current Employee - Product & Engineering Team in Boston, MA

I have been working at Panorama Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderfully smart but also supporting people Big challenges to solve High expectations but flexible working options

Cons

As with many start-ups, there are things not yet in place around talent development / training practices and other supports. They will get there with time.

Panorama Education2018-09-09
  10. "Excellent working environment"

I have been working at Panorama Education for less than a year

Pros

Direct and helpful leadership. Start-up environment.

Cons

Fifth-floor walk-up. An elevator is available but requires the operator to use.

Panorama Education2018-04-18

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 29 reviews