Panther Expedited Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
R. Louis Schneeberger

Pros
  • Fast paced work environment (Never Boring), Flexible Hours including three shifts and weekend hours (in 4 reviews)

• I have a Cdl b license and they were willing to take a chance on a new driver (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • have no control on the fleet owners I drove for a fleet owner who did not pay me for work I did (in 4 reviews)

• All the logins for load boards are no longer valid (in 3 reviews)

1. "Truck Driver"

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Seville, OH
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Seville, OH

I worked at Panther Expedited Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay when on a expedited run.

Cons

Lack of incentives when not loaded with a trip.

Advice to Management

Need something for downtime as far as income.

2. "Logistics Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH

I have been working at Panther Expedited Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good facility, Emphasis on technology, good insurance

Cons

Low pay, reluctant to give raises

"Panther is screwing over drivers"

Current Employee - Lease Owner Operator in Medina, OH
    Current Employee - Lease Owner Operator in Medina, OH

I have been working at Panther Expedited Services full-time

Pros

Free pizza at terminal.

Cons

Low pay, no hometime. This is how Panther works their loads: When you are first hired, they give you steady loads the first month to let you think you are going to be doing great. Then, even if you have been a good driver, on time, safe, you find your loads coming farther and farther apart until you are sitting a day and a half/two days over and over again. If you ask what happened, Contract Relations WILL tell you dispatchers do not care about drivers, only about covering a load to meet their commission and basically giving you the run around trying to make you move around for 50 cents a mile (they call it an MT move) to sit and wait again for a load in another area. This means you start making less than minimum wage for your time out on the road; less than drivers contracted on under Panther fleet owners; less than any first year OTR driver out on the road today.

Their next trick is to keep erasing your hometime requests so you don't get routed home and dispatchers can claim they didn't know.

You won't make $1.40 per mile looking at the big picture. It is one of those too-good-to-be-true deals they are advertising keeping those in their office location with good incomes on the backs of the drivers who end up scraping to make a living and feeling like it is a gambling game on if they get a load as opposed to having a good job.

There are no assigned dispatchers or contract relations workers. You will never get to know who is calling you. Don't bother trying to use anything more than the fuel discounts listed on their website. Most other "benefits/perks" listed there are unusable. For example, unless you conveniently get a flat tire sitting in front of a Goodyear dealership, you won't be using their so-called discount tire program because that is the only place it's usable. All the logins for load boards are no longer valid. And, the one terminal they have, you cannot park there overnight. Their showers and laundry room look very impressive; nice and clean and pristine as nobody is around to use them. Maybe the office workers find them convenient.

They change how they report your income via the financials link on the website without notifying drivers. They change or remove features on the Panther app without notifying drivers. If you call in to ask about these things, they don't know about it, either. All this means you don't know how much money you are making per load.

It's just not a great place.

If you have got an average driving job, do not come to Panther thinking you are going go to do better. They DO count your money for you and WILL make it so you are not really seeing what it means if you were making that $1.40 a mile in truth. You will be at about $22,000 a year. Great!

Advice to Management

You need a lot of prayer.

5. "Great Experience - Sales Intern"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Intern in Seville, OH
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Intern in Seville, OH

Pros

Just as an industry, transportation is pretty laid-back. Interning at Panther opened huge doors for me after my time as an intern there. I learned so much from the sales team, and really saw how pushing yourself can pay off in the long run. The company is owned by a larger transportation company (ABF) and our training went through them. The training was incredibly helpful and I would highly recommend their internship program to anyone considering sales.

Cons

Sales is tough, making cold calls over the phone isn't easy. But if you can get through the first few weeks it gets so much easier and you gain a sense of self confidence that only that type of work can give you. They didn't pay as much as other internships in the area, but that may have changed since my time there.

Advice to Management

None really!

"Run away. Run away now. There are better options. You deserve better."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seville, OH

I worked at Panther Expedited Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Terrible management - and that's a pro.

Cons

If you aren't in the big boy club and are simply one of the minions, good luck. I managed to make it 4 years somehow. You will be talked to in perfectly fluent corporate speak, Good luck, my friend. Godspeed.

Advice to Management

You guys have it made. Don't worry about the pee-ons.

"Tempus Transport Great Experience"

Current Employee - Team Driver in Medina, OH
    Current Employee - Team Driver in Medina, OH

I have been working at Panther Expedited Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was looking for a job to support my family found Tempus Transport on line. I have a Cdl b license and they were willing to take a chance on a new driver. Started out as team driver in a straight truck. Company was upfront that job wasn't easy but if worked hard could do well. After one year plus I am very pleased with the results, good steady income and good people to work with. I drive for Tempus and dispatch thru Panther logistics and have enjoyed seeing every state in continental USA during my year. If you are willing to work hard and learn the ropes, I recommend calling Tempus transport. It helps if you get your hazmat and tanker endorsement

Cons

On the road for 3-6 weeks takes a solid home relationship to adjust to. But when you start sending home checks from 800-1200 a week it helps.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

8. "Dispatch"

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Chicago, IL

I worked at Panther Expedited Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company that I heard off you guys throw the net and would love to be part of the crew

Cons

Just love dispatching for trucking I think it's what I should do

"Not a good place to start"

Former Employee - Class B Driver in Medina, OH
    Former Employee - Class B Driver in Medina, OH

Pros

Get to see part of the country

Cons

Not enough money checks where 120.00, 176.00. A lot of sitting

"Absolutely HORRIBLE company - avoid them at ALL costs....."

Current Employee - OTR Carrier in Medina, OH
    Current Employee - OTR Carrier in Medina, OH

I have been working at Panther Expedited Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

.......ABSOLUTE WORST people to work for......don't bother.......this company uses people every 3-6 months and then simply hires replacements.....really farcical......it's a wash-rinse-repeat operation where the only good point is that you'll see new employee training classes TWICE A WEEK, 35 PEOPLE PER CLASS as you walk into the main office - it really is a complete farce but the pro is that you'll know it right away as they hide it in plain sight !!

Cons

.....where do I begin?? ......they have no coordination of information flow so that when one employee gets information from a trucker out on the road there's no system information flow so that the information is shared among personnel - they plan all of this and then turn around and blame you for problems arising from zero information flow.......again, this place is just a wash-rinse-repeat operation that maintains a small inner circle of crooks and rotates everyone else within 6 months.......DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR RESUME WITH THESE CROOKS.......they also have very little freight for trucks / contract carriers to pull since their customers quickly find out about them and choose their competitors......

Advice to Management

......creeps are not interested in taking advice from anyone.....

"Agent Network Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seville, OH

I worked at Panther Expedited Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced work environment (Never Boring), Flexible Hours including three shifts and weekend hours. Work as a team with a common goal.

Cons

Little room for growth. (When I was employed, May have changed since). While the work is fast fasted, some may consider high stress.

Advice to Management

Find a way to retain top talent. Top performers typically move on if they are not offered a new title or promotion.