Papa John's Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Papa John's Founder, Chairman, and CEO John H. Schnatter
John H. Schnatter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • If you are a delivery driver you will accumulate wear and tear on your car fairly quickly (in 52 reviews)

• You get paid under minimum wage because you are a tipped employee (in 91 reviews)

1. "My Review of Papa John's Atlanta as a Shift Leader"

Current Employee - Shift Leader/Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Shift Leader/Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Papa John's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules and hours. Great team of people and easily form great working relationships. Challenging. You will never starve. You will rarely have time to be bored so the time goes by fairly fast most days.

Cons

Work hours depend on how busy it is. Most days you will end up having to stay past your scheduled shift end time. You can't always be prepared for the amount of business you will have. There are many days where you will get your butt kicked with several big orders or just a lot of orders all at once without any notice. It is hard for daytime managers because you are in the store by yourself handling every aspect of running the store while drivers are out on the road all day. Hard to keep sufficient staffing. You end up doing a lot of extra work that others fail to do because they call out or show up late, or it has been just too busy all day that you need to stay later to get things done when other employees cannot stay.

Advice to Management

Learn to let go of employees who have no sense of urgency and continuously call out or show up late.

2. "Excellent place!"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Dacula, GA
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Dacula, GA

I worked at Papa John's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The camaraderie between employees is excellent! In addition, the store is ALWAYS super clean. I loved working here!

Cons

None that I can think of!

3. "Papa Johns"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Papa John's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, family-like friendly staff, open to suggestions, best pay (I know bc I researched and plus I worked for another top three pizza chain for two years prior). (Papa johns actually tells customers over and over the delivery is not a tip) and they pay their drivers both gas and enough for wear and most tear of vehicles. (Depending on what u drive. For example drive a tractor trailer to deliver ur not getting tractor trailer gas prices lol)

Cons

Sometimes u need to speak up and say hey I need this or that but truly they do their best to ALWAYS address areas of concern and make you feel worth it. Anyone who doesn't play a good role, has bad attitude, doesn't usually get to work there. So smile 😊😊😊🚙🚕🚗

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Dedicated to fresh hot pizza with the finest ingredients is one thing, but truly, they are also highly dedicated to their customers and their employees. When they say join the Papa John's FAMILY, they mean it.

4. "Former TGM"

Former Employee - TGM in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - TGM in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Papa John's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Almost unlimited room for advancement, franchise opportunities and corporate controls to assure quality across the world.

Cons

Seems to have slipped into a state of disconnect. Hard to get in touch with upper management

Advice to Management

"Better" procedures to aquire and keep talent, foster growth from within.

5. "Fast and Busy Pace Working Environment"

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Papa John's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They do offer quick growth within the company if you show just the minimum iniative.

Cons

Too much disorganization among management. They do expect ALOT in middle management from you.

Advice to Management

None

6. "Papa John's"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Acworth, GA
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Acworth, GA

I worked at Papa John's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Busy most times flexible hours and good pay

Cons

Sometimes the only want you to work for 3 hours during the rush and send you home

Advice to Management

Overall a good job

7. "Demanding"

Current Employee - General Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Papa John's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is good for a single individual or someone with a small family . It's good to get a food discount or even free if you feel like it . Make your own schedule in a way but you have to work at least 50 hours a week

Cons

Stressful , high turnover rate , too much to do with very little time , work 60+ hours a week at any given week just to run numbers or cut down on labor cost . Have to deal with customer complaints and reply within 24 hours . A lot of deadlines with very little time to do it . Also may have to do work at home like complete work schedules or customer complaints

Advice to Management

You can't look at numbers you have to be there to understand why things are ran the way they are . Need more labor hours and need to pay all employees more

"Easy Going"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Papa John's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get paid daily as a driver, & also receive my check every week. My Gm works with my schedule and gives me time off when I request it. 50% discount on the menu.

Cons

You will run down your car if you deliver full time. It's always a good idea to set aside money for repairs just in case something happens and you can not work to make the money to fix it because you rely on your car to make money.

Advice to Management

I think drivers should be given a higher delivery reimbursement while delivering in high traffic times. Traffic slows us down and runs down gas.

9. "Inadequate from top to bottom"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Lithonia, GA
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Lithonia, GA

I worked at Papa John's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

50% Off, Opportunities to move up, money (it varies), but the 50% off is my favorite part honestly

Cons

Everything else. No off work time, underpaid, stressed, often favortism, incompetent managers, etc

Advice to Management

Stop promoting just anyone from within

"Delivery Driver"

Former Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Papa John's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Super busy restaurant. Decent tips off sheer volume of deliveries. Management was good. Pretty flexible on scheduling, if you needed hours there were always shifts to pick up.

Cons

Store is open very late on weekends. Huge delivery area also includes sketchy delivery areas alone at night where everyone knows you have cash on hand. Nothing against papa johns as any delivery driver knows robberies in the city are common.

Showing 44 of 1,638 reviews