Papa John's Reviews in Louisville, KY | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Papa John's Founder, Chairman, and CEO John H. Schnatter
John H. Schnatter

Pros
Cons
  • If you are a delivery driver you will accumulate wear and tear on your car fairly quickly (in 51 reviews)

• You get paid under minimum wage because you are a tipped employee (in 87 reviews)

1. "Better Ingredients | Better Pizza | Better People"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Papa John's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a company that focuses on making and delivering quality pizza -- every time, but that's not all. It also delivers a high quality, highly secure online ordering website. If you get the chance to work here, the experience will teach you things that you can take with you for a lifetime.

Cons

I really don't have any down side. I guess there were times I worked some long hours, but often it didn't seem that long when it was happening.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, hiring great people and making great pizza. ...and never, never stop serving the pepperoncinis with your pizzas!

2. "Phenomenal culture"

Current Employee - Office in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Office in Louisville, KY

Pros

Great environment and people, benefits

Cons

None that i can see at this time

Advice to Management

Keep it up

3. "Great atmosphere and people!"

Current Intern - Internal Audit in Louisville, KY
    Current Intern - Internal Audit in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Papa John's as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Papa John's is a great company to build a career. I have only been here a year and feel like I am strongly encouraged to stay and work my way up within the company.

Cons

Just like any job, there times of feeling overwhelmed. However, I feel like everyone here does a great job of helping encourage and offer help to others.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do!

5. "Senior Vice President International, Inc"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Pros

Simple concept, quality product, great people

Cons

Work, life balance can be challenging for some

6. "Human Resources Manager - Corporate Offices"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Louisville, KY

Pros

Great co workers, Great Bosses, Great work environment, $1 pizza

Cons

Off the beaten path - no covered parking

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing .

7. "Hope to retire here, and I'm only 30 years old"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Papa John's (More than a year)

Pros

environment and job is appropriately challenging, coworkers are smart and supportive. Benefits include: On site doctor that is available and free with info-pay for team members and dependent, yoga studio on campus with free classes daily, gym on campus with doctor guided training programs at no cost to team members, Starbucks on campus with reduced prices, on campus restaurant with reduced prices, organization will provide you with equipment, (mac or pc), software necessary to do your job (adobe creative suite, sprinklr, etc), and pay for trainings/certifications. Group legal services also available for only $15/mo, tuitition and adoption assistance available.

Cons

No on campus child care.

8. "Love the culture! And amazing digital technology"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Papa John's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Where to start? Fantastic culture of "Go Left" (i.e. what got us here won't get us there), P.A.P.A. (People Are Priority Always), celebrating success, and enough transparency to "take the hit" and move on. Senior leadership are great examples of the company values by and large. Most of the company is laser focused and committed to the same foundational objectives. Little things like jeans for a majority of the week, and onsite Starbucks etc. perks.

More of a technology leader than you'd think...Digital drives 60%+ of sales. We won Technomic's Restaurant Consumers’ Choice Award for use of technology to improve the customer experience, and were also recently recognized in the Top 5 for Mobile among 75+ restaurant brands.

Cons

I haven't discovered many downsides to be honest. There are some politics but far less than I expected for a company this size.

9. "Better Opportunities, Better Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Papa John's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth for self-starters. I've been with Papa John's for approximately 3 years.I have seen first hand how many employees have started out in the restaurant and have been promoted throughout the organization. Very fun and diverse atmosphere that promotes creativity. I have worked in IS for other large organizations within the Louisville over the past 20 years and am glad I found my way into the Papa John's Family!

Cons

Under-estimation of project scope and planning is lacking sometimes. Rate of growth vs. growth of resources.

Advice to Management

Sometimes the vision gets blurred by the rate of change. Spend more time thinking through the ramifications of major changes and how to "Manage the change" instead of "Break/Fix" after the change.

"Great place to work for the right kind of person."

Former Employee - Director in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Director in Louisville, KY

Pros

The culture is great and the people you work with are outstanding. Work environment is relaxed and minimal politics at the corporate HQ. Many of the silos that once existed between departments have been torn down. There is more cross functional collaboration now and this has greatly improved performance and morale.

I cannot say too many good things about the people who work at the corporate office. Most have a high level of team orientation and work hard to support others in the company. Many of the managers, directors and Sr. leaders show great concern for their team members. I personally have seen several go the extra mile.

Nigel Travis has done great things to build morale among the team and is very good at communicating.

Cons

Sometimes things change very quickly and you must be comfortable with rapid change to work there.

Benefits are not as good as other employers in area. Due to constant budget constraints several areas are understaffed and team members in those areas are over worked and highly stressed. The challenges of the current economy and the costs of commodities and labor place constant pressure on the budget and there are "seasons" of cost containment that result in travel restrictions etc. Upper management is against laying anyone off but hiring is often suspended and staffing is seldom in line with performance expectations.

Advice to Management

You have a very dedicated workforce but many are highly stressed out due to workload.

11. "Not a bad place"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Louisville, KY

I worked at Papa John's part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, quick cash, free pizza occasionally

Cons

my car usually smells like onions

Advice to Management

remove the delivery fee

Showing 36 of 1,558 reviews