Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen Floor Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Christopher and Harris Pappas
  1. "Floor Manager"

Former Employee - Floor Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wonderful opportunities. Advancement is easy as long as you're willing to go the extra mile. If you're single and don't care about your free tie this is a great place to work with decent benefits.

Cons

Not a great place to start if you care about spending time with your family or having nights/weekends off. 401k doesn't match, and pay while okay doesn't go very high. If you're not in it for the long haul, eg to become a GM, you'll be over looked for any opportunities.

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen2017-12-27
  2. "Fair, but big business."

Former Employee - Floor Manager in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen full-time

Pros

The higher management know what they are doing, and are constantly busting their butts.

Cons

Sadly, the company is just TOO big and the individual restaurants are TOO BIG. Meaning, there are so many employees running around at any one time, the managers do not care about the employees on a personal level like you would like to see. If you are sick, tough stuff, you better find a replacement yourself or you might just be fired.

Advice to Management

I really don't know what to recommend to do, because with so many employees, you can't expect management to fix it themselves.

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen2017-07-12
  3. "It's the best of times, it's the worst of times..."

Current Employee - Floor Manager

I have been working at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen

Pros

Very thorough training program and room for advancement if you really want it. I appreciate this job because it has taught me so much about myself and has pushed me to limits that I didn't think I could go. It really can make you, or break you (which can be good or bad, I guess). Everyday is a surprise and a new learning experience. Yes, it can be frustrating at times, but it comes with the territory of working in the...

Cons

Long hours, immature staff (it's definitely adult babysitting), very young management team, low pay (for the hours that you put in), and the guests are some of the worst kind of people that you will EVER encounter in your entire life

Advice to Management

I think we miss out on great managers because it is a requirement to have a college degree. I understand that it may show commitment, but I've worked with some very incapable college degree holding managers, especially those that are fresh out of college (which seems to be favored). Maybe there would be less of a turnover rate in management, if we didn't hire 22-24 year olds.

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen2016-06-20