Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen Host Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2019

Found 9 reviews

2.3
Christopher and Harris Pappas
  1. "Good Company with many kinks in the road"

Former Employee - Host/Hostess in Austin, TX

I worked at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen part-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing people work there, we were all like one big happy family and I really bonded with some of my coworkers. There was a set schedule so it made planning things on your day(s) off easier. Half of the managers were amazing. I got paid time in a half during the christmas season. They can be understanding to school schedules when they want to be. The pay wasn't too bad and they normally pay a little more to those who...

Cons

With any job in the Food Industry, you will get really angry guests but you do grow to have thicker skin. The angry guests were the least of my troubles however and Management was the biggest problem I encountered. Half of the managers were amazing but the other half had no idea how to do their job let alone how to talk to the staff. Instead of helping us with angry guests, they seemed to make the situation worse. Even...

Advice to Management

It's true when they say bad management is the reason people decide to leave. Show a little compassion and talk to us like we're human and we will stay.

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen2017-08-18
  2. "DRAMA!"

Former Employee - Host/Hostess in Houston, TX

I worked at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good money when there's a banquet

Cons

Managers who take their anger out on your schedule, gossipy and rude staff, hostesses made to do busser's job when they won't.

Advice to Management

Hire more bussers, let the general manager make the schedules because the individual managers WILL take advantage. Also, give double shifts a proper meal, not off the children's menu. If you're working a double, you need enough food to feed an adult, that isn't fried.

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen2019-07-09
  3. "Very unprofessional but good pay"

Former Employee - Host in Westmont, IL

I worked at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay for a hosting job.

Cons

The managers are very selfish and treat their employees terribly. Will not get hired if you have braids or just look different.

Advice to Management

get your act together

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen2019-02-06
  4. "Server"

Former Employee - Host in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen for more than a year

Pros

Good coworkers, decent money for serving job. I've worked at two different locations and I made lasting friendships from both.

Cons

Management is a mixed pot. I've had the worst managers I've ever had here, but they aren't all the same. They tend to hire young managers who just graduated college. So not a lot of experience.

Advice to Management

Overall okay company to work for. The rules on having your uniform dry cleaned and having to bring in the ticket stub is a little much. I can crease my own apron and shirt very well. Sometimes better than the cleaners.

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen2016-06-26
  5. "Rewarding, but wasn't worth it."

Former Employee - Host in Houston, TX

I worked at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen

Pros

You meet so many different people. You're always busy and never bored. They focus on team work so it's okay if you don't know anything.

Cons

Having to deal with rude guests. The management team needs to work on their communication skills. Also you cannot request a day off, you must get your shift picked up.

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen2016-04-19
  6. "You must properly geet the guests and do everything to help them and make them feel important."

Former Employee - Host in Duncanville, TX

I worked at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen part-time for more than a year

Pros

The employees are very friendly and make the work environment almost seem like home.

Cons

The music there is so loud. Also, the crowd that cones into this specific location is obnoxious and angering. Not to mention, the management don't try much at all to help you when you're in need of help. It's a very busy and fast-paced environment which some people may like, but it's also a very demanding environment.

Advice to Management

The entire management system needs to be reorganized. It's nearly impossible to communicate via the managers, or get important tasks efficiently done.

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen2015-06-10
  7. "Former hostess, less than a year"

Former Employee - Host/Hostess

I worked at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice atmosphere, young hostesses, not a bad job if you are in high school or college.

Cons

Very busy, manager was strict (im sure they are under new management now)

Advice to Management

Be a little more laid back

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen2014-12-12
  8. "don't know if I would go back here to work ,there was no room for improvement for me, co workers were great for the most"

Former Employee - Host in Bedford, TX

I worked at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen full-time for less than a year

Pros

I guess its ok to get your foot in the door, most restaurants do look at this place for a good recommendation on your resume, that's the only good thing I got out of this place

Cons

management, not organized, rude no room for improvement HIGHLY favorited people, that's how you would get into different positions or oppurtunities

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen2013-09-09
  9. "I hated my job Becuase of management."

Former Employee - Host in Houston, TX

I worked at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary People I worked alongside were great

Cons

Management is low quality Many managers training all at once Will NOT feed employees everchanging rules Managers could not communicate, resulting in conflicting instructions.

Advice to Management

Learn how to deal with your employees, not just guests. If I dread coming to work all day becuase of management, what does that say about the company as a whole?

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen2013-09-04