Para Los Ninos Reviews | Glassdoor

Drew FUREDI
  1. "Associate Teacher"

Former Employee - Associate Teacher in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Para Los Ninos part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Such a caring organization that really dedicates itself to help children and families. You will always learn something new and the staff and children will uplift you each day.

Cons

None. Great experience. Such a motivating team!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Para Los Ninos2018-03-21
  2. "Instructional aide"

I have been working at Para Los Ninos part-time

Pros

Nice company. Nice people

Cons

There are no complaints here.

Advice to Management

Good job at doing your work

Para Los Ninos2018-11-02
  3. "Instructional Aide"

I worked at Para Los Ninos part-time

Pros

Great team of other instructional aides

Cons

Cut in work hours, cliques among teachers, change in administration (superintendent) and instructional aide duties, lack of understanding from principals and higher ups, lack of effective school/org budgeting which have led to lay-offs, large classroom sizes and not enough classroom support, lack of funding for field trips, not stable

Advice to Management

More acknowledgement and understanding toward the IAs who are always doing their best. Please understand that children should not be expected to behave perfectly all the time and that we are trying our best. IAs are detrimental in the classroom: Changing their position more toward general campus aides is not helpful for children who need individual academic support in the classroom (especially the little ones).... Instructional aides deserve more work hours, not the 4 hours that we were offered when I was still employed with PLN

Para Los Ninos2018-06-23
  4. "Amazing supervisors!"

Current Employee - Mental Health Clinician in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Para Los Ninos full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Get to create your own schedule. Feel supported by supervisors and fellow clinicians.

Cons

Parking is difficult, and location is not the greatest. Sometimes there are clicks, but is like eveywhere else.

Para Los Ninos2018-02-19
  5. "Good Experience in Early Childhood Education"

Former Employee - Site Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Para Los Ninos full-time for more than a year

Pros

I learned about the Reggio Emilia curriculum and attended various workshops which increased my knowledge in ECE. I was promoted from teacher to site supervisor in 7 months.

Cons

The Director and Associate Director are very unorganized and don't have a solid background in early childhood education.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees fairly and with respect.

Para Los Ninos2018-01-27
  6. "Clinician/Therapist I"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Para Los Ninos full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility, great environment to work for, great clinical supervision.

Cons

low salary/wages, lacks parking in the community being serve by agency programs.

Para Los Ninos2017-08-21
  7. "Comfortable work environment"

Former Employee - Parent Group Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Para Los Ninos part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly caring staff members

Cons

Some positions are grant based and only temporary.

Para Los Ninos2017-05-07

"Vast pay differential - using a corporate structure in a non-profit environment to "help" the poor."

I worked at Para Los Ninos

Pros

Great people to work with, teachers and staff that work in the trenches are committed and caring about educating and help one of the poorest areas in Los Angeles. Some really good people have come out of there, and services are much needed in the area.

Cons

Has become just like a for profit structure. With people working in the trenches getting 1/3 of the salaries that a VP makes, and 1/10th of the CEO and other top financiers. Just like CII and Children's Hospital the arrangement is top heavy with more directors and VP's and squeezing the people at the bottom, or hiring people with limited experience to work with the people the most in need.

Advice to Management

If you can make more money in the private sector, then please feel free to do so, but it is not an excuse to have such a gap between salaries. Half of the people that work in the field and with the clients, have rarely had a conversation or interaction with any upper level management.

Para Los Ninos2016-09-20
  9. "Instructional Aide"

Instructional Aide in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Para Los Ninos

Pros

Holiday breaks, weekends off, bi weekly pay

Cons

You're working in a community with people who do not want to get helped although the organization is there to offer help. Such as counseling and other social service. They don't seem to care so why should staff? The teachers are either too young and inexperienced or they just don't care because they don't seem to follow through with consequences and disciplining the students. They let them do whatever they want and... have no structure in the classroom. They leave it to the IAs to do everything but don't offer any support. The entire school and organization requires more training or better hiring managers because that place is a mess.

Advice to Management

Support your IAs and make sure teachers are doing their jobs in providing support and structure in the classroom rather than talking bad about the IAs in the break room.

Para Los Ninos2016-09-29
  10. "Upper Management: Early childhood Ed"

Former Employee - Education Disabilities Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Para Los Ninos full-time

Pros

The opportunity to gain experience in the field and work with a variety of families extending from Burbank to Downtown Los Angeles

Cons

The employee representation is unfair. 6 month probationary period and if the Director doesn't like you, you are out within those 6 months or soon thereafter.

Advice to Management

Before following your own agenda follow the pragmatics of Policies and Procedures in which you are funded by or you will lose your program.

Para Los Ninos2016-06-19