Para Los Ninos Reviews | Glassdoor

Drew FUREDI
  1. "Associate Teacher"

Former Employee - Associate Teacher in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Para Los Ninos part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Such a caring organization that really dedicates itself to help children and families. You will always learn something new and the staff and children will uplift you each day.

Cons

None. Great experience. Such a motivating team!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Para Los Ninos2018-03-21
  2. "Amazing supervisors!"

Current Employee - Mental Health Clinician in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Para Los Ninos full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Get to create your own schedule. Feel supported by supervisors and fellow clinicians.

Cons

Parking is difficult, and location is not the greatest. Sometimes there are clicks, but is like eveywhere else.

Para Los Ninos2018-02-19
  3. "Clinician/Therapist I"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Para Los Ninos full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility, great environment to work for, great clinical supervision.

Cons

low salary/wages, lacks parking in the community being serve by agency programs.

Para Los Ninos2017-08-21
  4. "Comfortable work environment"

Former Employee - Parent Group Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Para Los Ninos part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly caring staff members

Cons

Some positions are grant based and only temporary.

Para Los Ninos2017-05-07

"Solid Management Team"

Former Employee - Finance in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Para Los Ninos full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The mission and goals of the organization is admirable, servicing low income children and providing excellent charter schools, after school care, youth employment services, mental health...all tools to succeed! Schools have passionate principals and teachers who care about their students. Parents are involved in the success of their children. Finance and Development Teams are savvy and seasoned. Keep up the good... work!

Cons

Pay increases for teachers need to be regular and built in to their annual contracts. Compensation needs to be addressed yearly for faculty and staff. Board needs to include teachers.

Advice to Management

Listen to the teachers get them involved in the board level. Utilize the passion of your hardworking staff, and hire more people to take additional workload as needed. Engage in more collaborative strategic planning for the highs and lows and keep saving for a rainy day.

Para Los Ninos2015-09-17

"Overall - A Great Experience"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Para Los Ninos full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was a former client of one of PLN’s programs before being hired on as an employee and I have had a very touching experience externally and internally. As a client I really admired the kindness and dedication of PLN staff. In one incident, I was hospitalized and staff members came to visit me bearing flowers, balloons, and get well cards. This is a memory that has left a big impression in my life and I am fortunate... to say that I have directly been a part of knowing the difference that Para Los Niños makes in people’s lives. Now as an employee, I continually get the opportunity to see and hear about the success stories of our children and families. Staff are very driven by the mission of Para Los Niños and have a genuine sense about wanting to help the children and families living in the underserved communities that we serve – this type of work environment is very inspiring to me and is a huge motivating factor in coming to work every day. There are also professional growth opportunities available and flexibility is great whenever there is an emergency or urgent matter at hand in one’s personal life. If and when I move on from Para Los Niños, I know that this organization will always hold a special place in my heart.

Cons

I don’t really have anything negative to say. With any job, you face challenges and some days are better than others but ultimately it is what you make of it and how you choose to embrace the purpose of coming to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep your employees’ interests at heart in terms of benefits and compensation.

Para Los Ninos2015-08-07

"Strong commitment to community"

Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Para Los Ninos

Pros

The commitment to the children and families who live in the communities we serve has never wavered in the 5+ years I have worked for Para Los Ninos.

Cons

Like all non-profits, the instability of funding causes some anxiety for staff. Our development department is strong and tries to raise money to offset funding deficits, but there can be challenges in getting new equipment, money for training, etc. Again, this is the case with most nonprofits, so not necessarily a con for this agency.

Para Los Ninos2015-09-18
  8. "Instructional aide"

I have been working at Para Los Ninos part-time

Pros

Nice company. Nice people

Cons

There are no complaints here.

Advice to Management

Good job at doing your work

Para Los Ninos2018-11-02
  9. "Instructional Aide"

I worked at Para Los Ninos part-time

Pros

Great team of other instructional aides

Cons

Cut in work hours, cliques among teachers, change in administration (superintendent) and instructional aide duties, lack of understanding from principals and higher ups, lack of effective school/org budgeting which have led to lay-offs, large classroom sizes and not enough classroom support, lack of funding for field trips, not stable

Advice to Management

More acknowledgement and understanding toward the IAs who are always doing their best. Please understand that children should not be expected to behave perfectly all the time and that we are trying our best. IAs are detrimental in the classroom: Changing their position more toward general campus aides is not helpful for children who need individual academic support in the classroom (especially the little ones).... Instructional aides deserve more work hours, not the 4 hours that we were offered when I was still employed with PLN

Para Los Ninos2018-06-23
  10. "Good Experience in Early Childhood Education"

Former Employee - Site Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Para Los Ninos full-time for more than a year

Pros

I learned about the Reggio Emilia curriculum and attended various workshops which increased my knowledge in ECE. I was promoted from teacher to site supervisor in 7 months.

Cons

The Director and Associate Director are very unorganized and don't have a solid background in early childhood education.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees fairly and with respect.

Para Los Ninos2018-01-27