Para Los Ninos Reviews | Glassdoor

Drew FUREDI

"Over worked and tired."

Current Employee - Anonymous in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Para Los Ninos full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is decent compared to other agencies. People are nice to work with.

Cons

No organization. No one knows what they are doing or how to run the program. They don't hire qualified individuals and the turn over rate it high. They demand too much for what they pay. And they don't appreciate you at all.

Advice to Management

Visit your staff more often. Remind us how important we are. Offer incentives to those of us who have give you loyalty and demonstrated hard work. Show more appreciation.

Para Los Ninos2016-04-08

"Solid Management Team"

Former Employee - Finance in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Para Los Ninos full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The mission and goals of the organization is admirable, servicing low income children and providing excellent charter schools, after school care, youth employment services, mental health...all tools to succeed! Schools have passionate principals and teachers who care about their students. Parents are involved in the success of their children. Finance and Development Teams are savvy and seasoned. Keep up the good work!

Cons

Pay increases for teachers need to be regular and built in to their annual contracts. Compensation needs to be addressed yearly for faculty and staff. Board needs to include teachers.

Advice to Management

Listen to the teachers get them involved in the board level. Utilize the passion of your hardworking staff, and hire more people to take additional workload as needed. Engage in more collaborative strategic planning for the highs and lows and keep saving for a rainy day.

Para Los Ninos2015-09-17

"Strong commitment to community"

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Para Los Ninos

Pros

The commitment to the children and families who live in the communities we serve has never wavered in the 5+ years I have worked for Para Los Ninos.

Cons

Like all non-profits, the instability of funding causes some anxiety for staff. Our development department is strong and tries to raise money to offset funding deficits, but there can be challenges in getting new equipment, money for training, etc. Again, this is the case with most nonprofits, so not necessarily a con for this agency.

Para Los Ninos2015-09-18

"Overall - A Great Experience"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Para Los Ninos full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was a former client of one of PLN’s programs before being hired on as an employee and I have had a very touching experience externally and internally. As a client I really admired the kindness and dedication of PLN staff. In one incident, I was hospitalized and staff members came to visit me bearing flowers, balloons, and get well cards. This is a memory that has left a big impression in my life and I am fortunate to...

Cons

I don’t really have anything negative to say. With any job, you face challenges and some days are better than others but ultimately it is what you make of it and how you choose to embrace the purpose of coming to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep your employees’ interests at heart in terms of benefits and compensation.

Para Los Ninos2015-08-07

"Elementary School Teacher"

Former Employee - Elementary School Teacher in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Para Los Ninos for more than a year

Pros

Working location DTLA. The children are great and they made my day,

Cons

Terrible Charter Schools. Disorganized, low pay and high turnover. In 2014 16 teachers walked out. Yes they quit! Long working hours, low benefits, and the schools are under investigation by LAUSD for major non compliance. The administration, CEO and principals do not care about the kids and their families. They make big salaries, and pay almost nothing to the teachers.

Advice to Management

The PLN CEO and Board need to hire competent people. The current Superintend of PLN Schools doesn't have a California teaching/Administration credential. The teachers can;t work under such a leadership.

Para Los Ninos2015-06-01

"TERRIBLE"

I have been working at Para Los Ninos

Pros

NONE ARE AVAILABLE AT THIS MOMENT!!!!!

Cons

This company has no consideration for teachers that work here. They work them year round, no breaks;such as summer vacation or spring break. They overload them in classrooms of 24 children per session. They pay experienced workers, $1.60 above minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Treat your teachers with more respect! Have consideration of the teachers and the education that they impart on all the children that are entrusted to your facility. How can you offer great care, if the teachers and staff you hire are overworked? A break for you means giving them 1-3 days only for national holidays such as Thanksgiving or Christmas. During the rest of the year, this company over works them. On top of...

Para Los Ninos2015-03-30
  7. "Great place to start getting experience in the field."

Current Employee - Afterschool Teacher in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Para Los Ninos part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Families and kids are nice and cooperative, rich culture and values, always able to work with teacher (parent-teacher) to maximize children's academic progress. Management department always looking for trainings to improve the staff. They provide the time to develop your lesson plans as well as materials to implement them in your classroom. Excellent leadership.

Cons

Hours and compensation are very low. Only 20 hours a week, $11.70 per hour. Not enough to have sustainable life.

Advice to Management

Extend the 20 hours to a full-time job, and increase salaries based on annual evaluations. Make them competitive with other afterschool programs.

Para Los Ninos2014-07-29