Paradigm Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Saqib Dhanani, J.D.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Good place to grow"

I worked at Paradigm Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People were treated with respect in my experience. I was in production for several years and I was never subject to any hostility or unfairness. Most of the time I felt like the people there were almost family. On a personal level, I'd go out of my way to help anyone there.

I went from unpaid intern, to paid intern, to respected team member with a window office and good rapport with management quickly. If you care about doing a good job, the upper management will notice. Hard work was appreciated and raises were appropriate.

Overall, it is a stable, flexible, relatively relaxed career with a salary that you can raise a lower middle class family on.

The turnover rate really isn't too bad at all considering it is an office full of young, ambitious, individuals with expensive educations, many of which came on around the time of the 2009 recession.

I ended up leaving since my new position was offering like $45k more a year, but even then it was kinda hard go move on.

Cons

It is a small, but growing firm. While good work is acknowledged, there is a limit to how high you can go by conventional means. As it stood when I left, really hard work and good people skills will get you a middle management position overseeing 3-4 other attorneys and some training responsibilities. If you want to work your way up past that, you will probably need to carve out your own niche by being proactive on setting up new service lines or something.

I'm not saying it is a dead end job by any means, but if you have $300,000 in law school debt from Yale or something, you may feel a big stagnant and disenfranchised after a few years.

I wore several hats there, so it was less of an issue for me, but straight R&D Tax credit work can be frustrating. It is a lot of "hurry up and wait", begging for information from machine shop secretaries, and documentation, but overall not particularly difficult. If you are trying to always grow by learning new and complex skill sets, you will probably get bored. You'll improve your skills in talking with C-level people from a wide range of industries, your attention to details, etc...but don't expect to make a bunch of high end connections or insider secrets on starting your own firm.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, continue to expand into new service lines.

You guys are great about giving discretionary office-wide days off after busy periods and sometimes an extra day or two around holidays. It be nice if you gave advanced notice on these rather than announcing them as surprises, so that employees have more time to plan around the vacation.

2. "Acceptable for first job out of school"

Pros

Relaxed dress code. Flexible hours once you are arrive on time. Stress free work.

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities and cannot really trust management.

"Terrible Management"

Former Employee - Associate Attorney in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate Attorney in Houston, TX

I worked at Paradigm Partners full-time

Pros

Co-workers are nice. That's the best part of working there. Clients are fairly good too.

Cons

The management is not good. There is an environment of blame. Collaboration is not valued. There is a complete lack of transparency. They will ask you to do things that are unethical. They are not open to discussions of where the line of what is ethical is. They keep employees who are toxic and abusive. Specifically, men make jokes about rape, or ask women if they are on their periods. Management knows, but will not act. That same person has had complaints from many of the women who work there, but management allows his abuses to continue. What is more outlandish, is this is in the group where most are attorneys. Moreover, management's solution to this is to just let the people that complain work from home.

Advice to Management

You need to listen to and value your employees. You need to get rid of people that you yourselves acknowledge as a liability. You can't continue to aid and abet sexual discrimination and a hostile work environment.

4. "Administrative Support, Office Manager"

I worked at Paradigm Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group to work with. Always seeking new business opportunities. Partners of firm kept their open door policy promise & easy to talk to

Cons

Database management was very weak. Infrastructure of data flow was cumbersome & had too much manual entry, which caused way too much room for error on data accuracy output

Advice to Management

Accurate data is key to your business. Invest in data repository backend design & functionality that requires little manual input. Trying to manage garbage in, garbage out reports vs management of clean potential client to client determined via algorithm programming will allow time to manage clients & clients equal revenue!

5. "Great place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Paradigm Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great group of colleagues, fun but challenging work, great work environment. I have been working at Paradigm Partners for about 3 years, and it has by far been one of the best places I have worked. The management is always holding fun events for employees like Escape room, top golf, bowling, etc. they are always looking for ways to reward the employees for their hard work.

Cons

There aren't really any cons for working at Paradigm. If I had to think of one, it would be that the work is challenging and management expects perfection.

Advice to Management

Keep the training and review process the way it is.. Level though the company is growing fast, I like the fact that paradigm has most of their employees who have been working here over 6 years. Very low turnover tells me that you are doing something right.

6. "Excellent Growth Opportunity"

Pros

If you strive to work harder in as an opportunity of growth, you will see the befits. Upper Management recognizes initiative and employees who are striving to achieve more then requested job description.

Cons

I have no con's in mind.

Advice to Management

Keep communication open as in the past.

7. "Enjoyable work environment but improvement is still needed. Production employee, multiple years at Paradigm"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Paradigm Partners full-time

Pros

Fun culture where holiday and birthday parties are common
    PTO plus additional “free” time off after tough deadlines
    The company is still changing and trying to improve
    Flexible hours can be requested

Cons

Lack of transparency from the top
    Lack of communication between divisions
    Rumors and conspiracy theories are common due to the above
    Unclear path to advancement
    Benefits/perks are mediocre

Advice to Management

More honest conversations about the business and more transparency/communication in general would help greatly.

8. "Very proud to work for this firm"

Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at Paradigm Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent People! Leadership is very motivating and involved in the growth of the company. No place is perfect but the work environment is the best I have ever been a part of.

Cons

Location is average, building is nice. We should move to a nicer office space to bring clients and prodpects to with more room for training and meetings.

9. "Okay"

Pros

Flexible, work life balance, good coworkers.

Cons

Flat organizational structure, few opportunities.

10. "Look Elsewhere"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Paradigm Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cold Calling Independence
    Sales Manager non existent
    24hr Training

Cons

No Hr Department
    No one to report work related issues too
    Its a Good Ol Boy environment
    Female employees are treated much more harshly
    Commissions are not given honestly (as noted by previous employees)
    Not an honest company

Advice to Management

Get rid of the Good o'l Boy system. Be aware of your sales reps and their needs and treat everyone honestly and respectfully. Just because they are not lawyers does not mean they don't deserve the same treatment. Upper management is your problem this is why your going through great sales employees so often.