Paradox Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2020

4.1
Paradox Founder, CEO Aaron Matos (no image)
Aaron Matos
  1. "Amazing Place"

Former Employee - Program Manager (PM) Intern

I worked at Paradox full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really awesome culture and team.

Cons

WLB. The startup space requires a lot of grit and grind to be successful. May not be for everyone.

2. "Great place to grow your career"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Paradox full-time for less than a year

Pros

Truly a values-driven culture, caring deeply about all of our clients and a team who fosters long-term client partnerships. Flat organization with tons of opportunity to learn, contribute and grow in your role. Building a product that truly helps people!

Cons

Still a startup, so lots of change which can be stressful. We have a very high bar and expectations for all roles, and a lot of transparency from the top down, which for the right person is an awesome opportunity to shine in what they're great in, but for some can be intimidating.

"Don't do it"

Former Employee - Industry Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Paradox full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office is literally the only pro. I walked in so impressed because of this deceivingly pretty office.

Cons

This was my first job out of college and I would call my dad after work sometimes telling him about my day and he would be enamored about these peoples inability to manage. It was like being back in high school. Incredibly dramatic and wildly unorganized and unfair (yes, I know life is not fair. This place was NUTS... they wouldn't even pay us the correct amount sometimes and would say that our "comp plan changed" after someone closed a large deal so that they didn't have to pay us!!). The CEO has made a name for himself in the valley (and not a good one). I remember reading the Recruiting.com and Jobing.com glassdoor reviews (his previous companies) at work one day and was in shock at how accurate they were. We all were. I quit shortly after. If you are willing to constantly kiss up to and even flirt with Aaron, you will put yourself in a good position at Paradox. If not, don't do it. I moved to an 800 person company with offices around the globe and I've seen our CEO in person more times than I saw Aaron during my time there (7 or 8 months).

"What a joke"

I have been working at Paradox full-time

Pros

Cool office. Not much else to say.

Cons

This company is such a joke and the CEO has to re-brand himself every few years because he is so toxic and terrible to work for. He is deeply insecure and the culture is toxic. Look up Jobing.com and Recruiting.com's reviews (former CEO's companies) to understand the work environment you'd be getting yourself into. The interview reviews here are also very telling of the type of person he is. I would strongly suggest to anyone to avoid the company.

Continue reading

"Reviews are not accurate due to employees being contractually banned from openly speaking negatively."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Paradox full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great product and a lot of great people once worked here.

Cons

Many! Cult like atmosphere that’s reinforced with a cult like leadership training. People in leadership that are put into positions based on loyalty and not ability. Some in leadership have only ever worked for this CEO their entire professional careers and have no versatility. A murky and secretive road map of where the company is going. Only the CEO can make even the tiniest decisions. Extreme pay discrepancies between employees performing the same tasks. Hiring is obviously done based on looks. This is especially true for inexperienced nice looking interns who somehow find themselves rubbing elbows the CEO in a short amount of time. There is a joke around the office that the CEO clearly has a “type”. Environment is toxic and immature. Promotions here are based on likability which comes from the cult leadership deciding if they like you enough to talk you up to the CEO. Any career move or raise is only approved via a private meeting with the CEO. Everyone dreads these meeting and some leave in tears.

Continue reading

"Incredible place to grow your career long-term and make an impact"

Current Employee - Talent Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Paradox full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with Paradox for 2+ years now and have seen the company explode. We've over quadrupled in size since I've been here, work with and impact amazing clients, and have a bright future ahead of us. Because Paradox is a talent-focused organization both internally and externally, employees are given unmatched opportunities to directly impact the organization and learn and grow at an accelerated rate. It's an incredible place to launch your career.

Cons

Paradox is still in startup mode - we don't have all of the answers nor the rigid structure of a larger organization. If you're afraid of hard work and autonomy, this isn't the place for you.

7. "Dedicated, hardworking, talented team"

Current Employee - CMO

I have been working at Paradox full-time

Pros

I started my career with our CEO, Aaron, over fifteen years ago at a previous company. I was a new college grad with a strong desire to find a company where I could make a difference. Aaron didn’t interview or hire me, but he quickly became my mentor - challenging me and helping me grow, often seeing I was ready for opportunities before I knew I was. Fast forward 14 years later, the timing was right and I joined Paradox in my current role. I found a company filled with a dedicated team of talented and hard working people. Together (all of our employees) participated in conversations around our culture and our future that led to our codification of our values. Values that speak honestly and candidly about our culture and expectations. I’m proud to work with some amazing people that I’ve worked side by side with for 10+ years and other amazing people that are new colleagues. We have tenured, experienced, industry professionals and we have talented people early in their careers. I am constantly impressed and humbled to work with all of them. We work with truly awesome clients who treat us as partners and who make our work immensely rewarding. And our product is awesome, you can see for yourself when you visit our career site to apply.

Cons

Must be flexible and embrace change and speed.

8. "A place to GROW"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Paradox full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paradox has a culture of folks who are passionate about solving problems. We are collaborative and communicative across each team.

Cons

Be ready to jump in with two feet. We are growing quickly and need people who are ready to do it with us. If you are applying, ASK QUESTIONS to understand!

9. "I am proud of the company I work for"

Current Employee - Internship Coordinator

I have been working at Paradox full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is extremely hard working and all working towards one goal. Its a collaborative and fast paced environment. Everyone makes an impact every day with the work they do so its very rewarding. Plus the office is dog-friendly which is a great perk!

Cons

Be ready to hit the ground running!

10. "Does not compare!"

Current Employee - College Recruiter in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Paradox full-time

Pros

The work environment at Paradox is better than I could have ever imagined. This company is in great hands in terms of leadership. I have not one doubt in the world that we are heading in the right direction. I love the team that I work with and appreciate everyone's willingness to lend a hand where it is needed. Every person on this team makes an impact. I feel like I belong and I feel valued.

Cons

The willingness to learn and put in the effort is required. I don't think that this is a con, but for some, it may be. You have to accept change with open arms.

Found 14 reviews