Paradyme Management Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Viraj Gandhi

1. "Intern"

Pros

flexible progressive environment that allowed me to grow

Cons

salary could be a bit higher

2. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Greenbelt, MD
    Former Employee - Intern in Greenbelt, MD

I worked at Paradyme Management part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paradyme is a great place to get a start and learn the ropes of a federal consulting firm. The people are friendly and they want to help you learn.

Cons

Most of the work is research based and there is not very much opportunity to grow and take on larger projects as an intern.

Advice to Management

Give the interns more hands on projects. Try to put interns on valued added projects rather than just research.

3. "Great experience"

Pros

Open door policy. Healthy team work

Cons

No desk space for interns

"Technical Intern"

Pros

Was given the option of several different projects, all of which were team based and collaborative in nature.

Cons

Was put in room with other interns and interactions with regular employees were limited to planned lunches.

Advice to Management

Encourage interns to work alongside employees, not in a separate room.

6. "Good company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Paradyme Management (Less than a year)

Pros

People know what they're doing

Cons

Culture is lacking
    Opportunities for development have room for improvement

7. "Supportive Work Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

Pros

The teams across the organization are all really supportive and work hard. You can quickly gauge how committed employees (Paradymers) are to the success of the company.

There's a lot of transparency and if you want to learn about an initiative or how the company is doing, you are encouraged to ask. The C-levels are very accessible.

Cons

It's a growing company, so you can tell that some people are stressed or stretched thin, but it comes with the territory.

Management is built around giving people the tools to be successful, but NOT micromanaging; if you need directions every step of the way, or need a lot of structure in your day, you will have a hard time adjusting to this management style.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your Paradymers as it will prove to provide rewards to reap.

8. "Good Back Up Internship"

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

Pros

There is a nice working culture. It is a small business so you could get close with the employees there.

Cons

Interns are not acknowledged. There is not much investment that goes into the interns as almost no work is given to them. Your voice will rarely be heard.

Advice to Management

I recommend investing in your interns as you may potentially expand your business in the future. I would go through a formal, competitive application and interview process to build your company's future.

9. "Awesome Experience"

Former Employee - Business Analytics Intern in Greenbelt, MD
    Former Employee - Business Analytics Intern in Greenbelt, MD

Pros

I was able to help with a Business Analytics project that was in support to one of Paradyme's clients. I was in touch with several project managers as well as technical staff members to help me work through my assignment. They typically met with me for a few hours each Friday to review what i have done and what I needed help with. The operations team is really nice and very helpful. There are a few owners that work in the office 4-5 days a week and they are extremely approachable and willing to spend some time with you if you ask them to.

Cons

This company is busy - when i was there they had hired about 25-30 people so there were times that my meetings were cut a little short - but its great to see what a positive impact is like on a small company

Advice to Management

Continue to build the internship program - I utilized what I learned and was able to get a job with Accenture doing data and business analytics.

Paradyme Management Response

Jun 2, 2015 – Director, Corporate Support

Thank you for sharing your success story with us. We are thrilled to learn that the internship program has provided you with the tools needed to land your first career position. Best of luck to you!

"Zero stars..."

Pros

Besides the fact that you may be able to socialize with the other interns if ya'll work on the same days. Also it's a paid internship where your making minimum wage....I don't see too many other pro's...

Cons

No clue where to even start with this company. The CEO is HORRIBLE. The internship program is a mess, and they could care less about helping you learn or develop your desired skills. They really only want the internship program for HUBZone compliance purposes..

As an intern you'll be thrown into a ant infested corner, and eveluated weekly on apparence, attendence, and how well you completed a assignment. Funny thing is you'll litterally have to beg for work, and if the CEO doesn't like you, you'll still be given a low grade, which is posted on the wall for everone to see. Not once will upper management come to you to try to help you improve your weekly rating, or give constructive feedback as to what you can do better.

Be prepared to receive NO feedback for assignments, and for the CEO not to speak to you if you've done something wrong. He'll litterally walk around like he's making someone mad by not speaking or not offering you a position with his god awful company.

The cons are never ending but i'll end by saying if you want to build a career and receive guidance and be respected in your work place, don't come here. Only people who make it here are ones who suck up, and are dumbed down. There are so many unethical business practices going on here I see trouble for them if they don't get it together.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate everything. Stop walking around as if your untouchable. Bigger dynasty's have fallen...

Employees make a company what it is. From the bottom up treating everyone with respect would the key to success. Only a fool doesn't realize that...

Paradyme Management Response

Jun 1, 2015 – Director, Corporate Support

We agree, “employees make a company”. Our mission to be the company of choice, offering our people purposeful work within a dynamic environment fostering a culture of providing exceptional services ... More

11. "Amazing work/personal life balance and the atmosphere and culture of the environment is unbeatable. Fantastic job!"

Current Employee - Ops Team in Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Ops Team in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at Paradyme Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great office culture
    -Extremely accessible executive team
    -Knowledgeable management
    -Asking questions and coming up with fresh new ideas is encouraged

Cons

I face challenges in my job, but they are always ready solutions made available to me. Coworkers are always willing to lend a hand and management is always willing to offer advise on how to surpass obstacles.

Advice to Management

Continue mentoring employees and offering them career guidance/advise. Keep up the emphasis on office culture and promoting a positive work environment.