KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Paragon Legal Group Reviews

Updated Sep 24, 2021

Found 40 of over 48 reviews

4.8
Paragon Legal Group CEO & President Trista Engel & Jessica Markowitz (no image)
Trista Engel & Jessica Markowitz

The latest conversations about Law

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company with amazing clients

Sep 24, 2021 - Privacy Counsel
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team of people to work with. Great projects with some fantastic clients. I enjoyed all of my interactions with Paragon. They trust you to get the job done, but also offer support if you need it. I recommend, and have recommended, Paragon as a great place to work.

Cons

None. This was an amazing experience. If pressed, I'd say that due to COVID I was unable to meet any of the really nice people at Paragon in person, which to be clear is not something anyone could have done anything about. I just wished I could have had the chance.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you so much! We take pride in creating great matches for great clients and great legal professionals. Thank you for being part of our team!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Winning combo of great people and great work

Jun 18, 2021 - Senior Counsel in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paragon clients rave about the quality of legal services they get from Paragon attorneys. To quote a client recently: "The high caliber of Paragon attorneys has caused us to re-think what we can accomplish with contract help." This excellent reputation is why Paragon's on-demand corporate counsel continue to be sought after by some of the world's best and most exciting companies. The management and admin team at Paragon does a great job of fostering a team vibe, and they are responsive and thoughtful about placements and attorney needs.

Cons

Pay increases are infrequent, and may not keep pace with the increases in cost of living, especially in the Bay Area.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you so much! We truly believe that we bring the best clients together with the best legal talent, providing the best work experience for all parties. We're grateful that Paragon has been part of your professional journey!

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great flexible work option

Jun 12, 2021 - Legal Counsel in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good group of colleagues and flexible work options with a diverse set of clients. The Paragon team does a good job with benefits and community (COVID aside).

Cons

Really depends on client placement and can be isolating if small team engagement

Human Resources Manager

Thank you so much for your review! We work hard to ensure that our employees are well-compensated and have access to benefits that are important to them! Finding ways to enhance connection is something we're frequently brainstorming and will continue to explore.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Life/Career Changing

Mar 31, 2021 - Senior Corporate Counsel in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, pay is highly competitive, 8 hour days, life/work balance, chance to work in other companies on secondment, no commitments, diverse, no internal legal team office politics, life/career-changing for me, have time to write that novel....

Cons

I cannot think of one con.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review! We're so happy to be able to provide the opportunity to do meaningful legal work while allowing time in the day for whatever is most important to you. When the novel is published, we'd love to get an autographed copy! Until then, just knowing that we've made a difference keeps us going every day.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Place to Work

Dec 17, 2020 - Senior Commercial Counsel in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive, caring and smart management team. They are excellent at what they do. Great place to build a self-directed legal career. Opportunity to work at top-notch companies. Yes, it is possible to have the best of both worlds (work-life balance).

Cons

No cons to list. Paragon is outstanding.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much! We love being able to give legal professionals the opportunity to work for great clients yet still spend time outside of work doing what's meaningful for them! For us, being the best means caring for our team as people and doing our best every day.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ok

Apr 21, 2021 - Senior Attorney in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not a bad hourly rate

Cons

Not much in the way of job security

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review; we are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate the feedback. Paragon strives to deliver project opportunities to legal professionals who are seeking the flexibility that project-based work provides, with competitive compensation and benefits, all within the context of treating clients and employees with respect as individuals. By its very nature, project-based work means that you have more manageable hours, can gain experience working in different industries and/or for different companies, all while building your range of skills and not having to deal with corporate “politics”. Without a doubt, project-based work isn’t a good fit for everyone and if you are seeking a more traditional experience, project-based work may not be a good fit for you at that time in your career. However, if you find yourself looking for great work with great clients and reasonable hours, come to Paragon!

7. 5.0

Exposure to Great Companies

Feb 5, 2020 - Corporate Counsel in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Placement within legal departments at great companies - from established giants to nimble startups -Project-based work has many advantages, including flexibility, time off in between projects, varied work for varied clients, potential for conversion to full-time -Better communication with and attention to concerns of their attorneys than the competitors in this space. I immediately got multiple interviews for my next project after my first one ended. -Base compensation is competitive in market

Cons

-Project-based work also has disadvantages, including uncertainty regarding next potential project, lack of stability, no equity grants -No guaranteed opportunity for bonus -Attorneys are hourly employees and have to obey CA labor laws re: breaks and log time in timesheets (more of a nit-pick than a con - and still way better than logging billable hours!)

Human Resources Manager

Thank you so much for this great review! We’re always happy to hear that our employees love the varied work for great clients. We work hard to ensure that each employee is treated individually to address their needs, so we’re thrilled to hear that this has been apparent to you. Minimizing (undesired) down-time between projects is a key part of keeping project-based work possible and we’ve been very successful at this for our employees. We are committed to maintaining our personal approach to employee management while remaining competitive in our entire compensation package. Thank you!

8. 5.0

Great flexible work option

Jun 17, 2020 - Counsel
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Paragon team is excellent. I was placed at a good company fairly quickly, and they check in with you (and clients) regularly. I enjoy the flexibility. Company culture is outstanding.

Cons

Health benefits could be a little better, but you know that going in. Fair overall.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you so much for the glowing review and for your support on our team! We definitely continue to strive to enhance our benefits annually and always appreciate the feedback about where we can improve.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company that cares about its employees

Mar 27, 2020 - Global Privacy Director in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is excellent and they make sure to give personalized attention to each employee. Despite growing quickly, they want their employees to be happy on their assignments and check in regularly.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to feel a part of a team because you're on assignment at clients' offices (but they do their best to overcome that). Unfortunately the vacation/sick time is limited and the 401k match is small.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you! At Paragon, it really is personal for us. We know that we can only grow successfully if we keep that personal touch. Every decision we make is focussed on how to do the best we can for our team. Thanks for being a part of that team and for your great review!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The best company to work for!

Mar 27, 2020 - Counsel in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule. Company cares about its employees more than revenue. Focused on work life balance. Great clients to work for to make connections.

Cons

Sometimes uncertainty with job security but they do the best they can to avoid gaps in employment if projects end.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review and for your steady commitment to Paragon! Doing our best for our employees is essential to how we keep Paragon successful. Everything we do is with the long-term well-being of our team in mind. We couldn't do what we do without great team-members like you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 Reviews

Paragon Legal Group Reviews FAQs

Paragon Legal Group has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 48 reviews left anonymously by employees. 100% of employees would recommend working at Paragon Legal Group to a friend and 92% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Paragon Legal Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Paragon Legal Group. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

100% of Paragon Legal Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Paragon Legal Group 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Paragon Legal Group to be management, culture, coworkers and the cons to be career development, benefits.

Popular Careers with Paragon Legal Group Job Seekers