Cover image for Paragon Legal Group

100% Recommend to a Friend
100% Approve of CEO

Found 41 of over 50 reviews

4.8
Paragon Legal Group CEO & President Trista Engel & Jessica Markowitz (no image)
Trista Engel & Jessica Markowitz

The latest conversations about Law

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Paragon management are also friendly and responsive.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Awesome management team(in 4 reviews)
  • "Paragon offers excellent opportunities to work at interesting companies or on exciting projects that might otherwise be be difficult to land as a FTE.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Paragon really stands behind their work and their word!

Nov 16, 2022 - Legal Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

One thing I appreciate about Paragon is that they provide an atmosphere that is welcoming for everyone! They really do put people first and everything else falls into place from there.

Cons

I think this goes with being remote, but it would be nice to be able to meet in person more.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! It means a lot to our team to work for a company that really lives by our values. We're hoping the future will bring more opportunities to meet in-person, too!

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company with amazing clients

Sep 24, 2021 - Privacy Counsel
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team of people to work with. Great projects with some fantastic clients. I enjoyed all of my interactions with Paragon. They trust you to get the job done, but also offer support if you need it. I recommend, and have recommended, Paragon as a great place to work.

Cons

None. This was an amazing experience. If pressed, I'd say that due to COVID I was unable to meet any of the really nice people at Paragon in person, which to be clear is not something anyone could have done anything about. I just wished I could have had the chance.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you so much! We take pride in creating great matches for great clients and great legal professionals. Thank you for being part of our team!

3. Join the Paragon Legal Group team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Winning combo of great people and great work

Jun 18, 2021 - Senior Counsel in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Paragon clients rave about the quality of legal services they get from Paragon attorneys. To quote a client recently: "The high caliber of Paragon attorneys has caused us to re-think what we can accomplish with contract help." This excellent reputation is why Paragon's on-demand corporate counsel continue to be sought after by some of the world's best and most exciting companies. The management and admin team at Paragon does a great job of fostering a team vibe, and they are responsive and thoughtful about placements and attorney needs.

Cons

Pay increases are infrequent, and may not keep pace with the increases in cost of living, especially in the Bay Area.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you so much! We truly believe that we bring the best clients together with the best legal talent, providing the best work experience for all parties. We're grateful that Paragon has been part of your professional journey!

5. 5.0

Great flexible work option

Jun 12, 2021 - Legal Counsel in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good group of colleagues and flexible work options with a diverse set of clients. The Paragon team does a good job with benefits and community (COVID aside).

Cons

Really depends on client placement and can be isolating if small team engagement

Human Resources Manager

Thank you so much for your review! We work hard to ensure that our employees are well-compensated and have access to benefits that are important to them! Finding ways to enhance connection is something we're frequently brainstorming and will continue to explore.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Life/Career Changing

Mar 31, 2021 - Senior Corporate Counsel in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, pay is highly competitive, 8 hour days, life/work balance, chance to work in other companies on secondment, no commitments, diverse, no internal legal team office politics, life/career-changing for me, have time to write that novel....

Cons

I cannot think of one con.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for your review! We're so happy to be able to provide the opportunity to do meaningful legal work while allowing time in the day for whatever is most important to you. When the novel is published, we'd love to get an autographed copy! Until then, just knowing that we've made a difference keeps us going every day.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Place to Work

Dec 17, 2020 - Senior Commercial Counsel in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive, caring and smart management team. They are excellent at what they do. Great place to build a self-directed legal career. Opportunity to work at top-notch companies. Yes, it is possible to have the best of both worlds (work-life balance).

Cons

No cons to list. Paragon is outstanding.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much! We love being able to give legal professionals the opportunity to work for great clients yet still spend time outside of work doing what's meaningful for them! For us, being the best means caring for our team as people and doing our best every day.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ok

Apr 21, 2021 - Senior Attorney in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not a bad hourly rate

Cons

Not much in the way of job security

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review; we are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate the feedback. Paragon strives to deliver project opportunities to legal professionals who are seeking the flexibility that project-based work provides, with competitive compensation and benefits, all within the context of treating clients and employees with respect as individuals. By its very nature, project-based work means that you have more manageable hours, can gain experience working in different industries and/or for different companies, all while building your range of skills and not having to deal with corporate “politics”. Without a doubt, project-based work isn’t a good fit for everyone and if you are seeking a more traditional experience, project-based work may not be a good fit for you at that time in your career. However, if you find yourself looking for great work with great clients and reasonable hours, come to Paragon!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great flexible work option

Jun 17, 2020 - Counsel
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Paragon team is excellent. I was placed at a good company fairly quickly, and they check in with you (and clients) regularly. I enjoy the flexibility. Company culture is outstanding.

Cons

Health benefits could be a little better, but you know that going in. Fair overall.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you so much for the glowing review and for your support on our team! We definitely continue to strive to enhance our benefits annually and always appreciate the feedback about where we can improve.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company that cares about its employees

Mar 27, 2020 - Global Privacy Director in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is excellent and they make sure to give personalized attention to each employee. Despite growing quickly, they want their employees to be happy on their assignments and check in regularly.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to feel a part of a team because you're on assignment at clients' offices (but they do their best to overcome that). Unfortunately the vacation/sick time is limited and the 401k match is small.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you! At Paragon, it really is personal for us. We know that we can only grow successfully if we keep that personal touch. Every decision we make is focussed on how to do the best we can for our team. Thanks for being a part of that team and for your great review!

11. 5.0

Highly Recommended - Great Management, Great Opportunities

Jun 19, 2017 - Counsel in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome management team - small but mighty. From the top down, they're very responsive, respectful, warm, and genuinely caring (not a word you typically see thrown around legal industry reviews). In short, they do the right thing for their staff and you really feel they have your back. Every Paragon attorney I've met has been down-to-earth, smart, friendly, and a reflection of the people-first culture at Paragon. I was only on one project through Paragon, but all steps of the process from onboarding to exit were handled smoothly and without any surprises. I also went on maternity leave in the middle of my project and had nothing but support, transparency, and again genuine warmth and caring from the management team before, during, and after that time. They work with top-notch, industry-leading clients, and have a stellar reputation. I converted to become a full time employee at the company I was on project for, and that company continues to hire Paragon attorneys for projects to this day. In addition, in my experience, they level-set with their clients that each attorney's (i.e. your) time is valuable, and this really set the stage I thought for managing work-life balance well since there were clear boundaries and expectations.

Cons

As far as I know, there isn't much structure for knowledge sharing among the talent pool that makes up Paragon so sometimes it felt like there's a little bit of a missed opportunity to leverage the great people and deep knowledge that make up Paragon, especially if you're the only attorney on a project.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Reviews
</>Embed

Paragon Legal Group Reviews FAQs

Paragon Legal Group has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 50 reviews left anonymously by employees. 100% of employees would recommend working at Paragon Legal Group to a friend and 92% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Paragon Legal Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Paragon Legal Group. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

100% of Paragon Legal Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Paragon Legal Group 4.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Paragon Legal Group to be management, culture, coworkers and the cons to be career development, benefits.

Popular Careers with Paragon Legal Group Job Seekers