Paragon Technology Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Bruce Card

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Paragon"

Pros

Great company to work for. Pay and benefits are good.

Cons

None that I can see.

2. "A Shadow of its Former Self"

I have been working at Paragon Technology Group full-time

Pros

Small company, decent benefits, decent compensation. Excellent co-workers and most management.

Cons

Disconnected leadership. The CEO/Senior Owner has become distant and disengaged from the company. There is little to no communications from the CEO to the employees, leaving those of us that are left to wonder where the company is headed. Loss of several major contracts, and very few wins in the past few years has left this company a shadow of its former self.

Advice to Management

Make management changes now, before it is too late. If the current CEO is not 100% engaged with this company, replace him with somebody that is. Anything else is dooming Paragon to the ash pile.

Paragon Technology Group Response

Jun 15, 2017

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you feel this way and welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with me or another member of our management team personally. I try to be... More

3. "Great company that cares about employees"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Scott Air Force Base, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Scott Air Force Base, IL

Pros

-Cares about employees and management is strong
    -Benefits
    -Pay

Cons

Pay isn't as good as it would be in the city and contracts come and go

"Current Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scott Air Force Base, IL

I have been working at Paragon Technology Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits and employee focused management.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Paragon Technology Group Response

Jun 15, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We continue to look for ways to improve our benefits to employees and provide opportunities for professional growth. Thanks for what you do every day to help our clients... More

5. "Security engineer"

Current Employee - Security Engineer in Scott AFB, IL
    Current Employee - Security Engineer in Scott AFB, IL

I have been working at Paragon Technology Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and management team.

Cons

Contract work lends a degree of instability to the job.

"Not a bad company, room for improvement"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

Pros

Good insurance benefits, flexible hours, management tries, Salary is ok, needs to be more competitive

Cons

Small company losing contracts Not sure what is going on with them losing contracts? Maybe they should beef up their business development organization? Need to provide more opportunity for career growth

7. "Strong small business"

Pros

Easy access to senior management.

Cons

Not much upward mobility as employment is primarily government contract work.

8. "Impressive Small Business"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Paragon Technology Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paragon is a great small business to be a part of. They support a flexible work schedule that contributes to a work/life balance. Paragon's leadership team "walks the talk" and leads by example. They are employee focused with strong benefits - healthcare, time-off, retirement package, etc. Pargaon supports the development of it's employees through tuition reimbursement and if possible, will allow employees to cross-train and contribute to other roles within the company to further develop skill sets - which is mutually beneficial. The work environment is supportive and my manager was great - providing support, but not micromanaging me. I felt empowered to make decisions and facilitate the client's success. I enjoyed my time with this team and felt like I was able to not only contribute, but also learn and grow in this role. I hope to work with the Paragon team at some point again in the future!

Cons

Somewhat limited opportunity to grow within the company immediately depending on what you want to do and timing because the company is small. However, long term, I do believe there is strong potential for this company to provide greater opportunities and more cross training opportunities to employees in the future.

Advice to Management

Continue to work to provide opportunities for employees to grow within the company.

"August 2015"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Scott AFB, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Scott AFB, IL

I have been working at Paragon Technology Group (More than 5 years)

Pros

Focused on employee well being. Open communication with management. Good benefits package for the size of the company. Company shares success with employees through bonuses.

Cons

Infrequent communication to employees on company status and health. Lack a clear business capture process that gives employees opportunities for participation.

"Mixed feelings"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scott Air Force Base, IL

I have been working at Paragon Technology Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of management is caring and as defense contractors, they really try hard to keep employees happy. Management is approachable and they create a good working environment.

Cons

Not all management is competent. They also seem to have problems with business development...the key to survival in this business. Zero (relevant) training and development opportunities and there are no paths for advancement.

Advice to Management

Cut the deadweight management, spend some money on relevant training/development and get some actual business development professionals working for the company.