Paramount Equity Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mike Berte

Pros
  • Paramount has reputation for being great place to work and I found it to be true (in 6 reviews)

• Great training fun, work environment, family orientated company (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Loan officers are treated like call center drones, not licensed professionals (in 5 reviews)

• Long hours, poor compensation, management that does not care about you, and bad work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Paramount Equity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A company where you can truly make great money! Plenty of opportunity to advance and promote within the company. Family environment. Always doing activities to get everyone involved and the company goes out of its way to show its gratitude for the work it's employees do, such as holiday parties, gift auctions, potlucks, games, etc!

Cons

Like any job, you have to put in the effort. The money isn't going to just fall into your hands. Some days are harder than others and you have to keep a positive mentality or it will affect your performance.

Advice to Management

A little extra training for rebuttals would be nice. The handful we are given definitely help but more is better, for us as employees and the company.

2. "Mortgage specialist"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Paramount Equity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with paramount equity for about two months now and I can say they give you the environment and management style to truly be happy especially in such a stressful profession. If you're not self motivated this place is not for you because they won't crack the whip, log you in and treat you as a number. If you are a professional, and can sustain good numbers you won't find a better company.

Cons

Some days recycled leads are more than others, and it's the luck of the draw too. But at the same time in the market we are in you have to dig a little deeper and really work hard in order to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing to attract top talent. I hope to find myself in management one day. I'll do my best to continue to bring quality people over to our team.

Paramount Equity Response

Feb 13, 2017 – VP HR

We appreciate your feedback, both positive and constructive.

"Deplorable to say the least"

Former Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Paramount Equity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing other than snack attack and a few select people that are also on their way out. They did not see my resignation coming so I was able to fund out.

Cons

Leads are data mix and trigger leads. Lots of them and unless you fall in favor with certain people then you will get fed the good leads. The HR department openly talked about wanting to fire people in the Roseville offices just because they didn't like them. Once she said he, one of the top people in the company just needs to go.That was told to a brand new employee. This is so unprofessional it amazed me that she was in HR at all. The newer management openly discussed how they want to eliminate the older regime who funds more loans by the way.
    Next, your method of doing loans is horrible. It should not take 60-90 days to fund a loan. When you arrive they tell you that you need 20 loans to fund 8. Then it turns into 30 and 40. It is always a sales problem but sales seems to get the loans in. The top producer processed his own loans making sure they funded. Everyone else is on their own.
    Are you aware that 2 people in this company died due to excessive drinking at company sponsored events? No they were not together. These were 2 separate incidents and they were several months apart. No company policy to prevent the second one. This place is a very dangerous environment.

Lastly, they sell that they are not LD and in fact they have created the exact model. . . almost. Except they don't get the loans funded. Don't be fooled and stay away.

Advice to Management

Stop allowing the newer management to destroy your company. Roseville seems to have a great feel. Irvine, not so much. It is already the laughing stock of OC and they can only get green rookies to get on board.

5. "Underwriter"

I worked at Paramount Equity full-time

Pros

the team atmosphere was amazing, working together with each other and the sales teams. We had a strong leader [mgr].

Cons

I ended up being just a number.

Advice to Management

Growing big is fine....if you continue to think small. Remember where you came from and how you got here.

"Senior Mortgage Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Mortgage Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Mortgage Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Paramount Equity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management and co-workers are great on the sales side.
    OT is paid based on commission.

Cons

Processing does what it wants. Processing will not work cohesively with sales. They do what they want. *WORST PROCESSING YOU WILL EVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH.*
    If you don't fund 8 loans your commission is awful.

1-5 loans pay $500
    6-7 loans pay $750
    8+ loans pay $1500

The leads are not all that great, and you have dig through them, but they do a great job of keeping piling in.
    Base is $12/hour.
    Processing makes $19/hour with commission and treated much better. They are paid more and do less work.

Advice to Management

Try focusing on making sure processing is help to sales, not vice versa.
    Sales is what makes the company run. They should be treated that way too.
    Not as assistants to processing.

Corporate management (Roseville and Scottsdale) act like they want to help, but nothing gets done.

"Horrible!!!! Stay away!!!"

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Loan Officer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Paramount Equity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of one to list.....

Cons

Where to start....first everyone in the video has either been fired or quit so it's all BS! Constantly embattled in controversy whether it be management, operations or just day to day walking into work.

Advice to Management

Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself do these lies really qualify me for management or am I just holding a place for the next schmuck until they replace me?

"Stressful & unprofessional"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Paramount Equity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the people are really great & supportive. They understand what you're going through if you have a tough time.

Cons

Speaking badly of the employees in front of other employees is really unprofessional. Those are conversations that should be held in private. Also it's clear that some people get better lead. Better leads for the people with better numbers while everyone else gets old, recycled leads is unfair & stressful to others. Equal those out. Also, numbers don't always reflect how hard a person is working but that's all they go by. If someone is busting their tail for the company show them some support, not negativity.

Advice to Management

Please don't speak ill of anyone in front of your employees. Please be a bit more supportive. Some workers have outside factors affecting them but still try hard at work. It's not fair they are being ridiculed and gossiped about. If someone is struggling, before you fire them, ask them what's going? See if you can help before you boot people out.

9. "Great place to make money"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Paramount Equity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can make a lot of money!
    Company incentives are outstanding
    Relaxed environment where management isnt too controling
    VERY FAMILY ORIENTED COMPANY

Cons

Training needs a lot of work

Advice to Management

Working out of Rancho a lot of the account executives that have been trained can say that your training manger needs to be retrained. Being on her phone most of the time watching movies while people are struggling repeadly asking for help is unprofessional. Please work on making a training department that focuses on preparing your employees and not leave them guessing on what they are doing wrong or right.

10. "Senior Mortgage Specialist"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Paramount Equity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

"Paramount has reputation for being great place to work and I found it to be true" (in 5 reviews)

Great training, fun, work environment, family orientated company

Cons

have not find any yet

"Another bait and switch sweatshop"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Paramount Equity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free parking. Free snacks. Free coffee. Free patio. Free break room. No dress code - this is a pro and con as several peers wear inappropriate attire. inappropriate as in I'd prefer not to know that much about your body.

Cons

The Irvine shop is disorganized. Management does not collaborate. They do whatever they want and don't loop in any of the others. This gives a lack of cohesiveness. Lots of wasted time doing things one way then changing to another and another and another. Adapting quickly to change is a must as an employee in any company . Wasting time weeks or months trying this or that is not a good. Work life balance is a joke. plan on working 65 hours a week including Saturday. The turn times are not 21 days as they claim its more like 6 to 8 weeks. 8 fundings is the goal and about 5 out of about 30 LOs reach that goal.

Advice to Management

Management is built up of a lot of job hoppers. The managers still originate loans, when the phone rings they are your competition. This is not good. Managers should be dedicated to supporting their team members not originating loans