Paramount Hospitality Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Marco Manzie

1. "Great Company with a Big Heart"

Current Employee - Corporate Reputation Management in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate Reputation Management in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Paramount Hospitality Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are searching for a company that will invest in your development, look no further. I have been with Paramount Hospitality since 2005 when they first started with one resort. Well, they now have four and are committed to promoting their dedicated team members from within. I am proud to say that I work for Paramount. In my 12 years in hospitality, I have received a huge amount of support and guidance with Paramount, which I never received working for the larger hotel chains (ex: Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt). I truly am grateful for all of the opportunities they have given me. We have phenomenal benefits and an amazing work environment. It is like one big family.

Cons

There are no cons I can list about this company.

2. "Front Desk Agent"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Orlando, FL

I worked at Paramount Hospitality Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

hospitality experience, hours, co-workers, pay

Cons

Management, accountability, maintenance, high turnover

3. "Great company"

Pros

great company to work for with tremendous growth opportunities. They take care of their hard working employees!

Cons

I don't have any at this time.

5. "Great place to gain experience and start your career."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Paramount Hospitality Management (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is always room to grow in this company,the sky is the limit.
    you'll be working with professionals that are very passionate about hospitality.

Cons

Benefits .

not enough incentives for the line level employees.

Advice to Management

401-k plan

6. "not so high expectations"

Current Employee - Line Cook
    Current Employee - Line Cook

I have been working at Paramount Hospitality Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

is very busy through the year.

Cons

the benefits are very poor for any position

"I really enjoyed my time here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Paramount Hospitality Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Paramount Hospitality Management for over three years. I have loved working here over the last few years and as I read some of the previous reviews, it makes me a bit sad. It sounds as though past employees are rating the company benefits and not the actual company. Yes, it is true that PHM does not have a 401k and the amount of vacation offered during the first year is minimal. But what can you expect from a small company? They cannot afford some of the bigger benefits the larger companies can offer. But the president of the company recognizes this and I trust as the company continues to expand, so will the benefits they offer. You will learn a lot with this company because they believe in promoting from within. When they see talent, they want to develop it and opportunities will come. But keep in mind this is hospitality. If you are looking for a 9-5 job, this is not the job for you. The president of the company is extremely passionate. He believes his resorts are the best in the area and with good reason! One property recently achieved the Trip Advisor award for being the #1 Family Resort in the Country! He expects his team to work hard and what CEO does not expect that.

Cons

As previously stated, the benefits are a work in progress. There is not 401K or paid holidays but even if they did pay for holidays, chances are you would be working them anyway. Medical benefits are reasonable for the employee only cost.

Advice to Management

Keep your passion but watch the harshness in your words. It can create a lot of unnecessary tension and stress and does trickle down to the line level staff. Continue to think about the team members as individuals with families. Employees do expect perks and benefits and will go elsewhere when they find a company that offers them. Consider offer more for medical benefits for those who have families.

"Growning pains of a small company about to expand"

I have been working at Paramount Hospitality Management (Less than a year)

Pros

Paramount Hospitality Management runs 3 resorts in the Orlando area. They are building a 4th resort soon -a luxury resort focused on adult travelers. I have been here for a few months - I read the reviews on this site and almost did not take the job. However I am glad that I did. This is a typical smaller company that is about to grow. There are a number of things that I see improving every day. The owner and President does have high expectations.....if you look where the 3 current hotels are in regards to guest ratings on Trip Advisor you will see why.....and that they must be doing something right here. The pay rates are comparable to other local hotels and resorts and in some jobs a bit ahead.....but not any lower. It is exciting to be here and looking at the opportunities as the company adds more hotels to their portfolio. Also, a lot of promottions from within.

Cons

Currently there is no 401k. The family and children medical benefits are higher cost than I expected. However....the employee-only benefits are reasonable cost AND the Dental and Vision are INCLUDED at no additional cost.....company paid.....a nice perk. The vacation/PTO/Holiday policy needs to re-evaluated to make sure it is competitive with local hotels and resorts.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication channels open - continue to be open minded with benchmarking and being competitive with local resorts. Share the excitement of upcoming projects with the team

9. "Not as it appears"

Pros

Competitive wages but that's about it.

Cons

No 401k, tuition assistance, paid holidays, revolving door, lack of budget to make departments run efficiently.

Advice to Management

Care more for your employees and members of management instead of Nicole and diming. Stop placing incompetent management and assure that managers are not being vindictive towards employees. When I first began with this company I was driven and loved the hospitality industry. They suck the life out of you and are verbally abusive. They place management that have a history of theft. There seems to be a change in the moral compass of this company. Watch out because if you care for your employees you will constantly be placed in a position to work them to the bone. So sad because there is a lot of potential but unfortunately personal relationships and unethical behavior is ruining it.

10. "Great company has its ups and downs"

Current Employee - Management in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Management in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Paramount Hospitality Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company as long as you have the right leader and also someone willing to listen and understand that certain things are out of your control.
    Also great leadership.

Cons

Less Micromanagement from upper level management.
    Add a 401k to the benefits.
    Maybe add a partnership with a credit union.
    Negotiate with other small chains for employee discounts.

Advice to Management

I would suggest you let management make decisions and back them up without questioning them 100 different ways.
    Also maybe doing some special stuff for the line employees since they are the ones that keep the hotel running right.
    Maybe do employee surveys yearly to measure employee morale among the properties

11. "A good quality product and nice people"

I have been working at Paramount Hospitality Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I read a lot of these reviews and almost did not take the job because of them. But this company runs three resorts in the Orlando area they are all top in the Trip Advisor comments. One resort The Floridays is the number one family hotel on trip advisor in the United States. So I figured they must be doing something right so I took the job. The people are great. The product that is sold to the guests and presented to guess his top notch. The uniforms are formal especially at the front desk and management usually wears jackets and sometimes ties for the men and formal skirts and dresses for the ladies. The benefits for individual coverage is affordable. I have not seen the owner that much but there are many long-term employees that respect and like him. He seems very focused on how the guest experiences the resort and seems to have high expectations because when he says to do something his team jumps into action. But anyways he is rarely there and when he is he's always busy working. To me he seems pretty nice and these comments on here scared me at first but I've not had any problems. I mainly pay attention to moderate job my coworkers which are great

Cons

I guess they are a growing company and are still having growing pains. The benefits for individuals are affordable but the benefits for family children coverage.....from what I hear.....is pretty expensive. But the nice thing is if you take the medical you get dental and vision for free on the individual plan. So I like that.

Advice to Management

I would say more employee events. Some things to show appreciation to the team like the occasional pizza party or free donuts in the morning things like that.