Paramus School District Reviews | Glassdoor

Paramus School District Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Found 2 reviews

4.5
  1. "Great because i went to school there."

I have been working at Paramus School District full-time

Pros

It is convenient for me.

Cons

I do not have any downsides.

Advice to Management

n/a

Paramus School District2013-04-15
    • "Great school environment"

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Paramus, NJ

I have been working at Paramus School District part-time for more than a year

Pros

I've never been a full-time employee, but as a sub, I’ve had the chance to enter a number of schools in the district to work in. I always find the schools stocked with a supportive staff: countless friendly, helpful people who seem to generally enjoy their kids and each other.

Cons

I've never been a full-time staffer and therefore don't know the politics of the district. Only cons with subbing is that it can be hard to secure jobs if you aren't on top of AESOP (the site where you can pick up shifts) or aren't connected to other teachers.

Advice to Management

The pressure on teachers to raise their kids' test scores is straining the entire staff and needs to be taken down. Scores "evaluate" effective teachers (i.e. how computer programs calculate a good teacher just based on numbers) without any emphasis on emotional impact, creativity in the classroom, and other methods for engagement that signal an amazing teacher. Some great teachers have left over this.

Paramus School District2014-07-01