Paranet Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Kris Lamberth
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Grow!!!"

I have been working at Paranet Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Limitless opportunity to work on cutting-edge / bleeding-edge technology
    * There's always work to do. There's no sitting around scouring event logs trying to find work.
    * Christian executives that care about their employees and will do whatever they need to in order to protect them and keep them happy.
    * Recent changes in management have made a HUGE impact
    * Currently searching for new RMM and monitoring tools to make our lives even easier
    * Company-sponsored Pluralsight training
    * Fully-paid medical coverage for employees
    * Monthly cell phone reimbursement

Cons

We have had some turnover recently but that's got a lot to do with previous management. Every now & then, it's time to just do some house-cleaning when people aren't performing.

2. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Paranet Solutions full-time

Pros

Paranet is a fast paced and unique organization which has seen a lot of good change over the last few years. There are always opportunities to grow professionally and new technologies to learn. The company invests well in its people and goes the extra mile for its customers.

Cons

The fast paced environment and large customer base can be overwhelming for some. The ability to multitask with attention to detail goes a long ways here!

Advice to Management

Continue to promote positive culture, invest in your employees, and provide transparent communication. More clearly defined reporting/metrics would be helpful in some areas.

3. "When the work is good, it is awesome."

I have been working at Paranet Solutions full-time

Pros

Small company. Diverse interests. If you find the right niche, you will be happy.

Cons

The company is the result of a number of acquisitions...kind of a hodgepodge. The mainline stuff (service/help desk, managed services) is not the really interesting work so you have to be on top of that fact.

4. "Worst place I have ever worked"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Addison, TX

I worked at Paranet Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I guess the best thing about working there is the drinks in the fridge are free...... :-)

Cons

If you like working a minimum of 45 hours a week which was a requirement for salaried employees and being treated like absolute garbage then this is the place for you. I would not wish this job on my worst enemy. I think I would rather starve to death than work there. Make sure you stay in your seat and only speak when spoken to or Erik will have words with you …..

Advice to Management

Fire the management, treat your employees like assets, your bonus structure needs goals and expectations set for the employees. Background checks on your employees and their history should be given to your clients so they know who and what they are working with.

5. "Fun place to work"

Pros

I worked for Paranet back in the 90s. It was the best place that I have ever worked. I loved the culture and the employees! We worked hard and played hard.

Cons

Not as many women promoted to senior leadership roles. It would of been nice to have more flexibility with work schedules. The company went through many changes back then which deflated the overall energy.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice to senior management other than there needs to be more opportunity for women in senior leadership roles.

6. "Very entrepreneurial"

Pros

Paranet Solutions is a great place for smart and energetic professionals. They provide opportunities for your ideas to be heard as long as you are performing your daily duties.

Cons

Some of the business unties do not operate cohesively which leads to some duplication of effort on the sales and marketing side of the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to build a strong culture of work hard, play hard across all business units.