Pareto Law Reviews

Updated Aug 7, 2020

4.0
Pareto Law CEO Jonathan Fitchew (no image)
Jonathan Fitchew
Pros
  • "Lots of progression opportunity, lots of training, great culture, very collaborative team(in 6 reviews)

• "Masses of formal sales training, as well as almost daily coaching(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "long hours, competitive interview assessment(in 13 reviews)

• "None really, good work/life balance and great atmosphere(in 7 reviews)

"Great Opportunity!! Love the job I got from Pareto"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time for less than a year

Pros

I got invited to the assessment day back in early November and went in for the about 4-5hr assessment. Initially got a call from one of the recruiters at Pareto and had to go through a 3-part phone screening to get invited to the assessment day. Essentially it was a few phone interviews to learn more about you and see if they think you would be a good fit for the assessment. At the assessment day it was me and probably about 30 other people, mostly recent graduates looking for full time work. Everyone gets up and introduces themselves, the people running the assessment talk for a little then they break you up into 3 groups for assessment exercises. To do well in the group setting you definitely have to speak up, as well as be able to listen to others opinions. Don't be scared to speak up, the people that make it through are the one that are the most engaged and not afraid to take charge of the situation. If you want to succeed in sales you're going to need to be able to communicate. After the group exercises you have your 3 minute pitch. I kinda messed my pitch up a little bit by forgetting what I was going to say and froze up for a couple seconds, but took a deep breath and recovered. Luckily since I was very out spoken in all the events before that I was still chosen along wit about 9 others. After that day they were very helpful and sent me on a bunch of interviews in about a 2 week period. Met with about 5 different companies for SDR roles. Wound up choosing one that I’m currently very happy with. Pay was also what they said it would be at Pareto, 50-60K. The role I got placed in was on the higher end. Overall, very happy with Pareto and would definitely recommend. It made my job search very easy.

Cons

Was kinda skeptical at first. Read some reviews on here from people who didn't have a good experience and I almost didn't show up to the assessment day. Now that I look back though I couldn't be happier that I went that day. The people that hated the assessment day are the one who didn't get selected. It is time consuming so I understand the frustration, but if you're up for a challenge and a good competition it's actually a pretty fun day.

2. COVID-19

"Good first job out of college"

Former Employee - Graduate Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Pareto Law full-time for less than a year

Pros

Solid culture, management is supportive and gives good feedback.

Cons

The work can be repetitive, especially when working remotely (due to Covid).

"Great fit"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The assessment process allows candidates of all backgrounds to be evaluated as more than a piece of paper -- that's what drew me to the assessment day a year ago. I knew that I was starting to consider sales as a career path for myself, but it was difficult to find legitimate opportunities in sales (especially in a saturated area like NYC) and then also finding companies who were not only looking at previous experience in sales as an indicator to how successful you would be in a sales role. The assessment process moved me so much that I began working here and since then have been fortunate enough to connect bright, driven candidates into sales careers. It motivates me to be a part of a team who cares so much about the candidate and client experience -- it is not about filling a job order / a sales role, but truly about working to set someone up for success in sales. I highly recommend the assessment process to anyone looking to start or continue a career in sales -- advice would be to listen to your recruiter and sales team who call you, we mean well and are genuinely trying to help you (over the past 25 years we've placed 30,000 candidates and trained 150,000). Pros of working here: - management who listens to me - Pareto are willing to work with you to help you achieve your targets -- they want you to succeed - As we are a smaller team in the US there is a lot of opportunity for progression and I have watched myself and my colleagues earn those promotions - Receptive to feedback -- we have weekly, monthly and quarterly team meetings where we go over accomplishments, goals, things we would like to change / keep doing etc.,

Cons

Typical growing pains of a smaller team -- maybe made more strenuous by having an HQ in the UK... We're working on tech that should make the lives of our sales ppl easier :)

4. "The Real Deal."

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came into Pareto Law after being invited to an NYC assessment day in Early 2019. After being offered opportunities with other clients, I ultimately decided to join Pareto as a Graduate Manager. Since then, I've had the chance to work with hundreds of sales candidates, travel, and collaborate with tons of awesome companies. Pareto prides itself on growth and feedback. Within my role, the road to progression has been quite clear. The compensation is strong with great commission incentives and I really do enjoy the fun culture we hold and also provide for our candidates (drinks at the end of every assessment day is always good). It's pretty inspiring to see where our candidates have progressed towards following our interviews. (Flying to England each year for the Sales Kickoff is a nice touch)

Cons

As with many growing firms, there are a bit of growing pains. As we continue to expand, whether it be technology or certain processes, we're always looking to innovate. This can be a bit troublesome for those looking for "routine" but it's been manageable. The hours can be lengthy at times as there's always a ton to do. Sales (especially at Pareto) is not a pure 9-5, but overall, I find myself content with the work-life balance.

Continue reading
  5. "A great place to hone your craft"

Current Employee - Sales, NYC in New York, NY

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People are very happy to help, whether it be with coaching or some more basic questions, which makes it a pretty open and transparent environment - very helpful for upskilling yourself! We're a fairly similar age, and have a lot of fun in the office, there's always something going on to get involved with. We work to a pretty high standard, so you'll be pushed to do your very best in work each day.

Cons

It can be intense at times, with upcoming deadlines for projects etc, and things do change since we are still young-ish in the US and growing the team. With the pace of that, you've got to learn how to ask for what you want/need help with in order to get the progression/learning that you want.

Continue reading

"So much growth potential"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have grown my commercial knowledge exponentially since joining the business about 2 years ago. After several promotions and pay rises, I am a really happy employee of Pareto.

Cons

Being a part of a growing business in the US has it's challenges (we wear lots of hats), but I wouldn't be getting this kind of experience elsewhere.

Continue reading

"Great company to work for!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager Trainee in New York, NY

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the reasons I love working at Pareto Law is 1. the culture 2. the progression and 3. the support we receive. I love everyone I work with. They are all fun, inviting and always willing to help you out but also like to go grab a beer after work. we are not just colleagues we are friends! The progression path is laid out clearly for you. I knew exactly what was expected of me to move forward in this company and had the ability to achieve it in a timely fashion. Lastly the support I receive is huge. If I am ever struggling someone is always there to have a 121 with you to turn your weaknesses into strengths. The managers truly care about how you are performing and will help you to be success as much as possible.

Cons

Not every company is perfect. One down side would be there are some growing pains that we go through that more established companies wouldn't have.

July 9, 2019Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your experience working with us at Pareto. It's so good to read that you are enjoying the fun, friendly company culture, but more than this that you are always supported in moving forward to meet your goals. We are always keen to hear feedback and thoughts from our employees, so always feel you can share your ideas for how we can improve and make working here even better. Thank you!

8. "Great, friendly and challenging"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Pareto Law full-time for more than a year

Pros

Super friendly work environment

Cons

sometimes the hours become long

July 9, 2019Managing Director

Thank you for your positive feedback! Our fun and friendly work environment is something we're very proud of. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us and we wish you every success in your next venture.

"They actively lie to young people looking for jobs"

1.0
    Current Employee - Sales Placement Program in New York, NY

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time

Pros

I did receive a job at the end of the assessment day process. I have currently been working there for several months, but we were actively lied to about the company. Lied to about salary, role, and development training. They actively painted a picture about the companies and roles they place you in that are highly inaccurate and irresponsible.

Cons

The sales training that they provide is absolutely pointless. Little to no research was done on the companies they are sending people to. A severe lack of communication between Pareto employees and the people they are supposed to be helping. They only care about the money they receive from placing desperate young people in inadequate roles.

July 11, 2019Managing Director

Thank you for your review. We're very sorry to hear that you've felt you've been lied to. In business 25% of graduates leave their first role within a year, however, Pareto’s retention at entry level is significantly better than the national average, and something we really take pride in. We're really sorry that this hasn't been the case for you. Also, you mention that the training was 'absolutely pointless'. Our graduates always speak very highly of the sales training they receive with us at Pareto. In fact, many of our 'Grads to greats' who are now in some of the top sales positions worldwide accredit their success to their initial training and placement with Pareto. You can find full details of this on our homepage. We really value your feedback and we would be very keen to discuss this issue with you further. Please don't hesitate to contact HR@pareto.co.uk and we can hopefully come to a resolution for you. Thank you.

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing culture and many growth opportunities

Cons

No cons at the moment

Found 109 reviews