Paris Baguette Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

Pros
  • they allowed very flexible hours (in 12 reviews)

• Free bread during shifts, 20% discount on all items (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long shifts and large amount of work for mediocre pay (in 4 reviews)

• Low pay compared to the amount of work to do (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great and friendly, fast-paced, customer-focused working environment"

Former Employee - Sales Clerk/Cashier in Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Clerk/Cashier in Milpitas, CA

I worked at Paris Baguette part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy money, flexible schedule, best fit for students and high schoolers who are in need of a very first job.

Cons

Minimum pay, tiny raise, turnover rate a bit high, less hours working in summer when the store adds more student sale clerks.

2. "."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Moonachie, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Moonachie, NJ

I have been working at Paris Baguette full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many opportunities and various experiences than other companies and the enthusiasm of many employees and passion to improve the company

Cons

Hard works, hard works, hard works, hard works, hard works, hard works, hard works, hard works, and hard working environment

Advice to Management

....

3. "Extremely pretentious leadership. Close to closing up their doors."

Former Employee - Manager in Commerce, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Commerce, CA

I worked at Paris Baguette full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Food discounts is the only discount, but....I do not like their food as they have entirely too much carbs.

Cons

The leadership. Very snobbish at the corporate office level in Commerce. Benefits are horrible, the worst in my career.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your CEO, and your 'new' CEO. They have no idea how to treat people and believe they are better than others, which they are not. There is no culture, the atmosphere is very thick in the corporate office. Nobody enjoys coming to work, and nobody is buying your stores because of you-the people. You need a major shakeup. Glad I am gone.

5. "decent, good as a starting point"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Paris Baguette part-time (More than a year)

Pros

free food (at least $5 worth), employee discount, accommodating work availability/flexible hours, friendliness among coworkers (to the point that you don't want to leave), convenient location

Cons

insular culture among korean managers, language barrier (among quality control teams that visit location and only speak korean)

Advice to Management

try to be more inclusive of non-korean employees, be more active toward situations that are disruptive to employee performance & morale

6. "UNDERPAID for the work done"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Paris Baguette part-time

Pros

Free coffee, choose your own schedule every week

Cons

Too many things to do and little pay, management is cheap, irresponsible and selfish. Only care about making money and doesn't care about the employees. Corporate owned is bad but I don't know about the franchise stores.

7. "Overall Review"

Current Employee - Cashier/Barista in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Cashier/Barista in New York, NY

Pros

Nice staff. Time flies by quickly. Busy environment that's why you don't get bored. As an employee you get a $10 Bread Break to eat something from the store.

Cons

The management actually sucks. Looks like they are scamming. Too much pressure if you are slow doing the job.

Advice to Management

Be nicer to employees. Don't treat them like slaves.

8. "Baker"

Former Employee - Baker in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Baker in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Paris Baguette (More than a year)

Pros

good starting job for bakery industry

Cons

There are not too many downsides to this job!

Advice to Management

Need to look at managers closer

9. "Not easy"

Current Employee - Cashier/Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier/Sales in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

they hire anyone
    you can eat during break

Cons

not much chances at advancement
    rough hours
    lack of communication between management and workers

10. "Manager"

Former Employee - Staff in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Staff in Buena Park, CA

Pros

Meeting new people and friendly staff

Cons

Required to clean whenever the CEO comes from Korea

11. "Workers beware"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Paris Baguette full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro is the free pastries for your bread break 5$ if you work 5.5 hours and 10$ if you work 8 or more. Only other perk is the free drinks

Cons

Very stressful environment, the "shift leaders" constantly ask you to do things while they play on there phones or they chose to do the easier work such as wrapping breads or working register. They wanted you to non stop be working even when everything you needed to do is done. You will get yelled at or scorned for even standing around for a few minutes. A few shift leaders where very nice and actually did work but most of them pushed all the work on traines and regular workers. Half of the time I wouldn't get my 10 minute breaks and if we did work 8 hours we only got a 30 and one 10 when your supposed to get a 10 every 2 hours. The management is very un professional and all they care about is buisness they offer no benefits for full time employees nor do they care enough about there employees to get the ac fixed. It gets so hot in there it basically feels like your working at a sweat shop. Many employees not just myself have had panic attacks or cried because of how overwhelming it is and the verbal abuse some of the employees felt the need to do. Highly suggest applying at another location or bakery it's very hectic and very un professional especially because some of the staff is dating each other and makes it un fair in certain situations. Would never work here again it was way to stressful of a job for such little pay and no benefits. The staff tends to favorite certain employees as well and it very obvious if they're not feeling it they will make it known they'll skimp you on your share of the tips and give the newer people who don't even know how to work cashier higher tips because there more liked. I saw high hopes for this place but after working here for a few weeks they were crushed and I knew I had to leave it was the worst I cried before my shifts because I knew working with certain shift leaders that meant I would have to do all the grunt work while they made OJ worked register or worked floor.

Advice to Management

Make sure employees aren't dating each other and try working on your shift leaders, make them act like leaders and not dictators. Maybe people would stay longer if your RESOLVED this ongoing issue