Pariveda Solutions Reviews

4.9
Pariveda Solutions CEO Bruce Ballengee
Bruce Ballengee
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance and associated stress from carry-over work is always a challenge in a consulting environment(in 17 reviews)

• "occasionally working long hours to ensure a project's success, or feeling isolated on your client team), this is the one thing I come back to(in 14 reviews)

1. "A company that supports an accelerated career progression through a clearly articulated set of expectations"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pariveda has a clearly defined career progression with a defined framework that provides expectations at each level. Progress is measured against the framework rather than against each other, which inspires a cooperative mutually supportive culture.

Cons

Work-life balance can be a challenge within the consulting industry. Although Pariveda tends to have reasonable expectations compared to the industry, there is still some degree of late nights and weekend work required occasionally, and these are not always predictable.

Continue reading
  2. "Great people, Great company values"

Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've really liked the people I've worked with, and have really felt that they care for each other and want mutual growth. Collaboration and respect are very important to me, and I've felt it much more freely at Pariveda than anywhere else I've worked.

Cons

While I appreciate the process and rigor around promotions (especially what it can do to further Diversity and Inclusion), I feel there are some unnecessary restrictions around growth, especially for new/college hires. Process is important and valuable, but people should be leveled based on their skills and performance.

Continue reading

"It's the culture. It's the people."

Current Employee - Consultant II in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture starts at the top, and Bruce (the CEO) said himself that the only reason he started this company was because he wanted to make a completely new way of running a business, where the culture was truly one about growing each individual and making sure everyone was supportive of each other. You see it in how the promotion and salary policies are laid out -- everything is fully transparent. And they invest a substantial amount of money into mentoring, learning opportunities, and activities to strengthen the culture of "connectedness." Your coworkers will all be smart and hard working, but the environment isn't cutthroat. Expect people to stay on calls for hours with you just to help you with a task, purely because they care about you. Pariveda also makes a point in only looking for work they think you'll find interesting. So whatever you're working on, it probably won't be old legacy systems.

Cons

Since this is consulting and not a tech company (you'll still do software development though) the salary isn't going to be as competitive as big tech. Having said that, people normally go into consulting for the breadth of experience and faster growth potential. Your hours are highly dependent on the client you're working on. Even though management works hard to make sure you aren't overworked, you'll occasionally have to pull long hours.

Continue reading
  4. "Truly a wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Office Operations Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

Incredibly collaborative environment, work/life balance, focus on professional development, transparency, culture

Cons

D&I needs to increase; there is a pointed focus on this now, which I appreciate.

5. "Best place to accelerate your career, focus on learning, and in a employee first environment"

Current Employee - Principal in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Focus on growth, education, and employee's whole being - Exposure to a range of industries, subjects, and capabilities; It's really helpful for those in early to mid-career to accelerate their experiences -Upper management transparency, support, and intent is genuine. It's one of those experiences where you "have to experience to really believe it."

Cons

-It's the opposite of most consultancies, so if the greater good and collective growth isn't for you, you may be interested in a more individual rewards type of firm.

6. "Honest Reviews"

4.0
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A very Structured Career Growth

Cons

Low pay after covid happened.

7. "A Company That Lives & Breathes Its Mission and Values"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pariveda's mission is to put their people first and that is extremely evident from how the company is run from the top down. The leadership at Pariveda truly care about their employees. I have always felt this way but even more so now. The health and safety of employees is a top priority as well as saving jobs during a time of economic uncertainty. You are encouraged to elevate questions or concerns to management and company leaders. Pariveda is also an excellent place to grow yourself and participate in the development of others. You have the ability to drive your career forward with the tools and support of the firm. I feel respected and valued, not only as an employee, but as a person.

Cons

Continue focusing on diversity and inclusion. Some market salaries aren’t as competitive as others.

8. COVID-19

"A company that will value you and your development"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

Transparency: You will know exactly the steps you need to take to your next promotion. The leadership is completely transparent with aspects to company health and future plans. Salaries are the same for all at the same level you are with exception for market corrections in certain geographic locations. You will be paired with a mentor and receive feedback from them as well as growth plans for your future. The feedback loops are vital to your growth and you need to accept and request feedback. There are numerous ways to improve your skills and various internal trainings to attend at different points in your growth. You can plug in to various groups of interest and "meet" others outside of your home market. Support of all varieties is available to you during your time here.

Cons

Since our culture of connectedness it is difficult to work from home during this COVID environment, however, each team finds ways to stay connected with each other.

9. COVID-19

"A supportive environment where you can grow and learn"

Current Employee - Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

competitive and transparent salary clear growth path amazing mentorship and guidance A company that truly cares about the well being of their employees (seen even more so during this pandemic) Smart and supportive coworkers

Cons

the pay could be more competitive in some of our markets

Continue reading
  10. "Great Work Life Balance and Room To Grow"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Work Life Balance -Mentorship Program -Semi Annual Reviews w/ eligibility to get promoted every year -Transparency -Good Culture

Cons

-Although it pays well in some markets, it does not pay well in all

Found 340 reviews