Pariveda Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Pariveda Solutions Reviews

Updated December 3, 2018

4.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work-life balance is something that I've had very-little challenge maintaining at Pariveda" (in 25 reviews)

• "Career path is clearly laid out with the opportunity for promotion based on your work, not on what position is open" (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some clients are more demanding than others which impacts work life balance" (in 12 reviews)

• "But that's just the nature of consulting" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Growth opportunities abound"

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

There are many good things about Pariveda: we have a transparent pay-scale, an ESOP, a clearly defined career path, and a large emphasis on mentorship that will help you feel supported in your career journey.

Additionally, with Pariveda being so mission-driven it can leave you feeling inspired to find what your personal passion is and integrate it into your professional life. This further boosts engagement and career growth which I personally value most.

If you are looking to grow and be stretched in ways that you haven't before, this is the place to do that. There are many opportunities to have an impact on both your local market and the company as a whole regardless of your position.

Cons

With growth comes discomfort so not everyone will thrive under the strong feedback culture we have (although this was a personal growth area for myself that I was able to overcome at Pariveda). Additionally, your career is in your hands. While there is support and development opportunities along the way, it's ultimately up to you to take the initiative and implement changes as you grow. The commitment to growth and learning may not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep being open and eliciting feedback at all levels of the organization. We will never be perfect but if we continue practicing our core values we will adapt over time and survive the challenges that lay ahead.

Pariveda Solutions Response

Oct 5, 2018 – Pariveda Solutions

Thanks for the thoughtful review!

"Great place to grow your career"

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Everyone has a mentor guiding your in your career
    You are developed as an individual, not just as a generic employee
    Everyone is willing to jump in and help
    Promotions based on my performance not how I compare to my peers
    As I want to explore new areas and broaden my skillset, they work with me in order to do that

Cons

Not a place if you don't enjoy learning & change

3. "Alright"

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

Benefits are great
    People are friendly for the most part

Cons

Enjoyment of the job is highly dependent on what client you are staffed on.
    Their message regarding staffing changes constantly.

"Great but..."

Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture at Pariveda is great for the most part. The benefits are pretty good and unless you're in an office like SF, the pay is okay. The people are awesome as well and really the backbone of the company. Most people are genuinely helpful and supportive, which makes coming into work a lot easier. Everyone is intelligent, helpful, and always willing to learn, which is important because the culture is one in which learning is strongly supported. All of these attributes can be found from VPs down to Cs, too.
    Pariveda preaches and (for the most part) practices transparency. They do a good job of communicating generally important information such as financials, staffing, performance, etc. Performance scales and salaries are included in this transparency as well, so employees know exactly what's expected of them in order to move to the next level.
    Side projects and continued learning are encouraged throughout the company.
    Other initiatives are promoted, such as learning, community service, networking, and fun. Having this creates camaraderie and connections in the office outside of the 9 to 5 grind.
    Work/life balance is great because, very rarely, do people end up holding production support roles. There's no on call either. Just some travel, which depends on which project you get staffed on.

Cons

Everyone is evaluated against the same scale. Which means that if you're a high performer and Joe Schmo is at the same level as you and did the bare minimum to get by, you'll both get the same recognition: the same promotion and pay. This behavior discourages employees to go above and beyond what's expected of them due to lack of recognition across the entire company. Doing more is not going to help you in the long run, ultimately, it will lead you to burn out.
    Pariveda prides itself in local clients and minimal travel. However, that's not necessarily true, especially for smaller offices that hard time retaining local clients. This can lead to continuous travel to a larger market, which could also mean crossing time zones and early meetings. This would be fine, if Pariveda wasn't actively communicating that there isn't much travel.

Advice to Management

Recognize your top performers. You'll start to experience more attrition if you don't start providing ample recognition to the top talent and those who exceed expectations. Understand that not everyone appreciates recognition alike. While some people don't like recognition, others may require it in order to understand their worth. Work with individuals, not the company as a whole.
    Stop communicating that Pariveda doesn't travel. Not everyone you're interviewing is coming from a consulting background. Understand that "no travel" is not the same thing as "possible travel" or "it depends on the market situation".
    Listen to your employees and take them seriously, especially if they have serious complaints. Don't disregard communications, work with employees who are unhappy on projects or in situations and take what they're saying seriously. Just because it doesn't seem like a serious issue to you, doesn't mean it isn't a serious issue to them. Your people are your product and if your people are unhappy, you'll have a bad product in no time, making your company essentially useless.

"Supportive and collaborative place to start your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

fun culture, strong benefits, PTO donation option for coworker in need, emphasis on service leadership and giving back to the local community, you have a mentor from day one, transparency (pay, financials, etc.)

Cons

Feedback culture was hard to adjust to straight out of college since most peer reviews after a group project were a not taken seriously. It took me some time to get in the hang of it and understand the importance of giving and receiving feedback. Here, you're expected to be well rounded rather than good at one thing. It's challenging but better in the long run in my opinion.

"Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have never found a consulting firm with a mission is expressed so clearly through it's core values and that drives all decision making. Let alone a firm that has the mission of helping people self-actualize. It all starts from the top down and is continually reinforces through actions at the C level.

Cons

Growing yourself is hard work, it doesn't come for free. Folks are challenged here, not in mean ways, just ways to make you better. Be prepared to work hard, grow, and be rewarded, just recognize that it isn't a lifestyle company.

Advice to Management

Continue to build message the mission and drive decision making appropriately. Continue to grow moderately so that you don't outstrip your apprenticeship program.
    Start celebrating more

7. "Good People and Fair Treatment"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Transparency, smart co-workers, constructive feedback, ability to drive your career in areas of interest, clear promotion strategy

Cons

The work is challenging and you have to be willing to take feedback and criticism and you need to be willing to move out of your comfort zone

Advice to Management

Keep it up, try to maintain culture as we grow, don't relax hiring standards due to demand

"Great company, but underpays in some markets"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

Smart people who care about each other
    Great culture and work/life balance
    Transparent expectations
    Good benefits

Cons

Severely underpaid in SF — make 20-30% less than other tech workers in the city

9. "Highly recommend Pariveda"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Focus on Development of Individual, Visible career paths, unlimited growth, visible pay scales, CEO, COO open door access

Cons

None at this time I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work at staying true to your purpose "Growing Individuals Towards Their Highest Potential"

10. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are opportunities for growth and regular feedback in addition to formal reviews twice a year. The company is committing to developing people. The company cares about individuals much more than previous companies I have been with and people want to know your honest opinion about how you feel about the work that you are doing. Work life balance is encouraged and the company's commitment to promoting volunteer work is inspiring. Intern programs are designed to give interns a realistic experience into what a consulting role would look like at Pariveda. The intern projects partner with local charities to give back to the community. The company values transparency and if you know someone's level and market you know what they make. There is no worry that someone who has your title could be making more than you.

Cons

The COLA is not sufficient for markets like San Francisco although the salaries are very competitive in Texas. There are opportunities to get promoted every year, however, there does not seem to be incentive to going above and beyond for a review cycle that does not have a promotion eligible.