Pariveda Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Pariveda Solutions CEO Bruce Ballengee
Bruce Ballengee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-life balance is something that I've had very-little challenge maintaining at Pariveda (in 18 reviews)

• Pariveda also lays out a clear career path in the beginning and assigns each fin a mentor who will help him/her stay on track (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Some clients are more demanding than others which impacts work life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Not a whole lot of cons that are company specific, you might end up on a project that is less exciting but that is more the nature of consulting (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Workplace Culture with Excellent Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Consultant (C2) in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant (C2) in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pariveda offers an thoroughly-defined career path based on the individual's capabilities and is not dependent on a job opening above them – if you meet the requirements for a promotion, you get it. The workplace culture is very friendly and helpful, other employees are more than willing to teach, guide, socialize, etc. with anyone else. Even inter-office socialization is very open and non-cliquey. Benefits are above-average and compensation is more than fair. Teams are small and you can make meaningful contributions from the start. Project work is intentionally varied and designed to help you grow toward your own goals. The company management does their best to give employees every opportunity to grow.

Cons

There isn't much in the way of cons, but some project and/or clients can wind up being less-than-ideal, as with any consulting work.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow, continue to focus on keeping the company's great culture.

2. "Culture of Transparency, Teamwork, and Growth"

Current Employee - Consultant (C2) in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant (C2) in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Transparency is biggest pro for me. I enjoy having a clear promotion strategy, transparent salaries across the company, and a open view to what is happening in the management team.
    - Great work live balance because management fights to keep your time commitment at the client to 40 hours a week. There will be certain times that require extra effort, but I haven't run into that yet.
    - Management values employee growth over profitability. Making a profit is obviously still important, but management won't sell a project just because it will boost our margin.
    - Coworkers are driven and friendly people. There is no competition for promotion, so we all work together to learn and grow.

Cons

- Career Path is geared towards those that want to begin their careers coding and implementing technical solutions, advance to management of projects and teams, and eventually become a Vice President engaging clients to sell new work. If you want to code for your whole career this probably isn't the job for you.
    - Salaries through the beginning years at Pariveda are slightly lower then market average. But I'm willing to sacrifice a little compensation up front for the opportunities for growth and development.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, I think it will be important to develop addition career development paths. I came to Pariveda because the career path matches up with what I would like to do, but I have seen other great employees leave because they wanted stay technical as they were approaching their Manager Promotion.

3. "BEST Place I Have Worked At In My Entire Professional Career!"

Current Employee - Associate (A2) in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate (A2) in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Pariveda has been one of the best experiences I have had in my career and it just keeps getting better
    1) Growth - Every step of the way, Pariveda guides you on ways you can improve your career to the next level. They provide technical and non-technical guidance so you are able to develop both skill sets.

2) Technological Diversity - Most of the projects that I have been on have been completely different technology stacks. They have been stacks that I have known nothing about. This always keeps the work interesting and challenging.

Cons

1) Review/Mentor Process Sustainability - As the Houston market gets bigger, it will be a challenge to sustain the current mentor and review process, but management has already started taking proactive steps to make the process more and more sustainable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and keep on being transparent about the decisions being made in the firm.

"Excellent career growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In order: 1) working with great people focused on your development along a fair and transparent career path 2) working on projects with business impact using some of the latest and greatest tech the world has to offer and 3) small teams where your contribution is visible and appreciated.

Cons

Leadership does its best to avoid burn-out, but in consulting, some projects can be longer, higher stress, and more exhausting than others. You need to have some grit to be able to weather those storms.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and adapting without sacrificing the mission and core values - Learn, Coach, Give!

5. "Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Well thought out career development plan and growth opportunities
    - Engaging client work
    - Great office culture
    - Focus on employee growth and well being

Cons

- Some clients are more demanding than others which impacts work life balance

Advice to Management

Continue with an employee first mentality

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Rapid growth both technically and business wise. Expect to be exposed to a wide variety of projects.

Career path is clearly laid out with the opportunity for promotion based on your work, not on what position is open.

Overall, pretty flexible with work time as needed. While it is still a client focused organization and you do need to be at the client site in semi-normal hours, as events come up in life they will work with you.

Cons

Not many, but it is still consulting which means it is not 8-5 every day. While it isn't 60 hour weeks, it isn't the place to work if you just want to work your 40 and never a second more.

7. "Even Better Than Expected"

Current Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am so thankful to have found Pariveda, especially as an experienced management consultant. Here are my top three reasons: 1. We are a people-first organization, and our entire leadership is dedicated to ensuring every Fin reaches his or her fullest potential; 2. We are highly collaborative, and all of our processes are built to support this; 3. We have the most honest, talented, and friendly people. There's no other company like this!

Cons

There are very few cons, and they often are worth it to enable a corresponding pro. For example, there is a fairly high demand on internal-facing processes, and this dedication is critical to how we run the business, and, more importantly, develop our Fins.

Advice to Management

Well, I'm on the management team! Here's what I'd say to us: Continue to listen with the will to learn.

8. "Overall, great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate I in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate I in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Transparency
    - Mentorship (both formal and informal)
    - They focus on individual growth. It's amazing how much support everyone around you gives you. Your managers and management team members honestly want everyone to succeed.
    - You're not competing against others for promotions and are eligible for promotion every year. The review process is quite thorough so you're getting feedback on your strengths and areas of growth pretty consistently.
    - Everyone is paid the same at each level and you know exactly what everyone is getting paid int the company.
    - When hiring, they focus on your problem solving ability rather than your specific technical knowledge, therefore, expanding their reach to individuals who may not have majored in computer science.
    - At the end of the day, it's what you make of it and there are a ton of people in the company that are there to support you.

Cons

- You don't get to pick the projects/clients that you're on, so if you're on a not so good one, it's difficult to move out of that position. At the end of the day, it's about influence and people. So you have to make sure you're socializing what you want to work on with the right people, but even then, it's largely dependent on who's available and what project needs to be staffed.
    - Similarly, because Pariveda operates on a project -to-project basis, every single person has such a widely different experience at the company. You could be on one or seven project in the same time period. It all just depends and has a lot of luck factored into it.

Advice to Management

- Try to figure out a better way to work with people who aren't in the most optimal position to grow on their projects.
    - For the most part, it's been a really great experience, so keep listening to the people in the company and focusing on growing the individual.

9. "Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pariveda is what they claim to be. A mentor is assigned to you day 1. Their goal is to help you grow. And that they do. The management team spend a huge number of hours every quarter helping people to grow. No one here is left behind. The small team concept makes us fast and flexible. This is simply the best company that I have worked at.

Cons

Our clients can span the DFW area so there is sometimes a drive. While management tries to mitigate this, I found that audio books are a good way to fill the time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Great place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

Everyone is top notch and try their best. Work hard to grow self and others.

Cons

Expectations of self and others are high, hence some times we feel very disappointed when it is not meeting our own expectations, but comparing with other companies, even when the expectations are not met, they are still on a much higher standard.