Pariveda Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 11, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.8

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work-life balance is something that I've had very-little challenge maintaining at Pariveda" (in 20 reviews)

• "Pariveda also lays out a clear career path in the beginning and assigns each fin a mentor who will help him/her stay on track" (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some clients are more demanding than others which impacts work life balance" (in 12 reviews)

• "But that's just the nature of consulting" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Culture & Constant Learning"

Current Employee - Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Transparent and nurturing culture for employees at all levels. Great benefits and competitive pay. Practice what they preach in terms of company core values and mission. Employees are trusted to learn on the go and work with technologies they may have not experienced before. Path to career growth and advancement is clear cut and aided by a mentor within the firm.

Cons

Projects within a market can be limited and travel can vary as expected with consulting.

2. "Good people. Good values."

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Transparency from the top-down is great. Anyone call call in to financial calls as a fly on the wall regardless of their position within the company. Benefits are great.

Coworkers are enjoyable to work with, and company goes through lengths to create social opportunities and provide opportunities for events.

Cons

Such is the nature of consulting, happiness on a project varies. Work-life-balance is dependent on client demands and location as it impacts commute.

3. "Living the core values"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of companies pitch candidates upward mobility and the opportunity to grow and then aren't able to back it up when they walk in the door. I learned very quickly that Pariveda is committed to growing all of their Fins (employees). Not only are the career path and expectations documented and relied on heavily during reviews and mentoring, but it is not role specific, so the whole firm uses it regardless of whether you are a consultant or in finance.

Transparency is key. Salaries are transparent and no matter your gender, religion, ethnicity, etc....everyone at the same level is paid the same.

Promotions are not competitive against your co-workers. You earn it, you get it. This encourages and fosters an environment of servant leadership and mentoring rather than competing for the same role and a raise.

Giving back to the community is not only a goal of the firm, but an expectation. Everyone is required to get involved in the community by volunteering in some way.

The culture at Pariveda, especially in our Chicago office, is a huge selling point. Not only is everyone really smart, but they are also fun to be around. I don't dread going to company events and a lot of people get together outside of work, too. People are interested in a variety of activities and it seems like there is always something going on to get involved in.

Cons

Your career is in your hands. Everyone has the opportunity to grow at Pariveda, but you have to take initiative and commit to learning. This might not be for everyone.

Some consultants have to travel and/or commute outside of the loop.

There is definitely a feedback culture. If you aren't willing or open to improve yourself and how you work, this can be very daunting. Otherwise, I would put this in the pro section.
    Some consultants have to travel and/or commute outside of the loop...and, this isn't ideal for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue leading as you would want to be led. No matter how busy you get, continue to be accessible and present to everyone, not matter their level.

4. "Career growth oriented"

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is transparent, truly focused on developing people. Expectations Framework means you have clear expectations and are evaluated against yourself for promotion, not competing with others

Cons

Sometimes client engagements are longer than desired.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the Fins. Stay the course!

5. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and culture
    Transparent career growth program

Cons

No cons—great place to work

"Honest and transparent, thoughtful and growth minded"

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pariveda has been intentionally designed to encourage the growth of technical professionals. Truly lives up to its mission of fostering growth via a methodical review process and mentorship program.

Working here for six years has continued to give me exposure to many interesting companies, cultures, technologies, and business problems. I cannot imagine a better way to kick start my career.

Projects last anywhere from a few weeks to a year, with some anomolies lasting beyond 12 months. Not every project is great, but it is a learning culture, and projects are temporary -- that's why I went into consulting.

Cons

There is ambiguity about future projects you will be staffed on. In smaller offices (about half of the 10 offices) project staffing is much less about omptimal skill-fit than it is about availability. With that said, adaquate skill sets are usually available for a project to be successful. My observation is that management makes every effort possible to staff people on projects they will find interesting and challenging.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the growth of inviduals and the strengthening of a local client base.

7. "Great Company, Good Promotions, Good Management"

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

Great benefits, great work environment

Cons

Promotions are like standardized testing. The low end people are brought up, the high end people are brought down.

Advice to Management

Keep being great!

8. "Upward Growth"

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are looking for a place to move forward in your career Pariveda has a plan for that. You are not competing with anyone for the next spot but grown and promoted when you are ready for the next level. It is a combination of you taking ownership of your career while everyone around you is helping you along and guiding and coaching you to be the best. That is another thing, the help you ask for comes back 10 fold. People are always willing to help out in work since there is no layer of competition. There are tons of smart people here. Be ready to learn and not be an expert because there is such a depth of knowledge in the people here that you will want to add to your own knowledge base.

Cons

The culture of feedback can make it seem like you are never doing enough
    The projects you are staffed on can vary but you can also tailor them to your career growth goals.
    salary in some markets can be less that what is seen

Advice to Management

continue on the path of transparency, continue to be about career growth and as you get bigger don't let fins fall through the cracks on that career development.

9. "Great company culture and great leadership"

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

The leaders here do a great job of gathering feedback, and using it when making decisions. I usually feel like I have a say in the decisions that impact me directly.

When deciding whether to accept a project from a client, the experience that our people would have with that project is considered. Projects that provide opportunities for our people to learn and grow professionally are generally preferred.

As other reviews mention, professional development is a priority here. Pariveda Solutions offers mentorship, internal training courses, opportunities to take on additional responsibility, and a well-defined career path.

The people I've met here tend to be friendly, willing to share knowledge, and enjoyable to work with. Also, within the San Francisco office, there are a handful of activities we do together, and I feel that this has helped build friendships and create a stronger sense of community.

Cons

When transitioning from one client to another, the commute can change, and can sometimes become more difficult. Also, long-distance travel to another market is sometimes necessary.

10. "Just Another IT Consulting Firm"

Current Employee - Principal in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Principal in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Local projects. Focused on IT implementations. Broad IT experiences. Ultra-focused on people development.

Cons

Management is transparent, but controlling and slow to move. Anchored on a few large accounts. Limited opportunities to try new and different projects. Fewer emerging technology projects.

Advice to Management

Work on culture. Transparency is often one direction as feedback is often dissected and/or scrutinized by management when received.