Pariveda Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 24, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.8

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work-life balance is something that I've had very-little challenge maintaining at Pariveda" (in 22 reviews)

• "Pariveda also lays out a clear career path in the beginning and assigns each fin a mentor who will help him/her stay on track" (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some clients are more demanding than others which impacts work life balance" (in 12 reviews)

• "But that's just the nature of consulting" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Highly recommend Pariveda"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Focus on Development of Individual, Visible career paths, unlimited growth, visible pay scales, CEO, COO open door access

Cons

None at this time I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work at staying true to your purpose "Growing Individuals Towards Their Highest Potential"

2. "Opportunity for growth and development"

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Career path is clearly laid out with the opportunity for promotion based on your work, not on what position is open

Opportunity for growth and development

Transparent, equal pay

ESOP

Cons

Feedback is encouraged and constant at Pariveda. I personally love the constant feedback as it helps me grow, but it might not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Protect the Pariveda culture

3. "Good for frameworks"

Current Employee - Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mentorship program; career development plan; transparent pay structure

Cons

Pay is below average for San Francisco, but above average in less expensive areas.

Advice to Management

I have some ambivalence around the importance of culture fit. On one hand, those that don't fit in, and aren't true believers in the process tend not to stay and thrive. On the other hand, I sometimes wonder if culture fit excludes unique people that would bring something different to the organization. (This comment is unrelated to diversity. The SF office is pretty diverse.)

"Good company but has some notable flaws"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

Good work life balance
    Great work culture
    Transparent business model
    Decent career trajectory

Cons

Seriously underpaid in San Francisco and Seattle Offices
    Lack of advancement opportunities at lower levels

Advice to Management

There are a lot of really great aspects about Pariveda. It has a solid work life balance, good benefits, 4 weeks of PTO, well defined expectations, among many other things.

However it should be noted the people that decide on Salaries are based in Texas where cost of living is cheap, and tech talent is harder to find. This means they can pay less in Texas and still keep good tech talent around. However for other markets like Seattle and San Francisco there is a cost of living adjustment (COLA). However it does not even come close to matching what other employers are paying in these cities. It is easily 20k - 30k lower in a city like San Francisco. The brass in Texas does not seem to understand this fact so there is a lot more turnover in the San Francisco office comparatively.

The other problem is that each employee is given an opportunity for promotion once every year and you can only advance one level at a time. No exceptions. Period. This actually sounds great on paper and probably is for those who are further along in their career. However there is no monetary reward or upward mobility for going above and beyond expectations. It will certainly help toward an individual review cycle, but there is no way to get a raise or promotion outside of this once a year promotion offer.

This compounds with the fact that employees in tech heavy markets are underpaid. Like I said, Pariveda does many things correctly. They just need to get their salaries together and this would be an excellent company

5. "Pariveda is still best in class"

Current Employee - Principal in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Principal in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Transparency - in terms of communication to employees, salaries, and expectations for promotion. Where else can you go on the intranet and see what everyone at a particular level makes? I've never worked at a more open place.

Growth mindset - Failure is OK. Our CEO would tell you that if you're not failing, you're not experimenting enough. Everyone is being trained to become an executive.

People focus - The company puts its money where its mouth is - when a decision is made, first and foremost the question is asked: How will it affect the people?

Evolved people - There's a humanness at Pariveda that's hard to explain to someone who does not work here. People show care and concern for others.

Cons

Because we are growing and continually evolving - as people and as an organization - there are endless opportunities to work on things outside your "day job". The company can take as much work as you put into it, so each individual must determine for him or herself when to say No.

Advice to Management

You're on the right course. Don't change the core things that make us who we are.

Be wary and mindful of balancing the polarity of today's needs and future needs.

"Best Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

- Company culture
    - Transparency
    - Opportunity for growth and development
    - Great work/life balance and pay/benefits

Cons

- Promotion process can seem a bit daunting at first

7. "Exactly what I was told it would be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people: shared fundamental values around communication, work ethic, teamwork, career development, and supporting one another both professionally and personally. Executive and leadership teams that lead offices and drive business growth by prioritizing these same values before all else.

Work expectations fair and transparent; growth opportunities abundant and realistic

The fact that as an employee now, everything I was sold throughout the recruiting and interview process is actually how the company operates and what I experience on a day to day basis.

Cons

At times internal communication and the decision-making process around operational decisions or changes can be slow.

Advice to Management

Continue to operate with the transparency that you do. Continue to find new ways to engage all employees in the business and offer them new opportunities to grow their careers.

8. "Awesome work life balance and growth opportunities"

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

Assigned mentor. Clear growth targets. Thoughtful leadership

Cons

Promotions are not always merit-based.

9. "Did I mention the people?"

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people are fantastic - I enjoy going to work because of them, learning from them and being part of a team!
    Supportive environment that is focused on growing our people and the firm. Thoughtful approach to development through our Expectations Framework to guide the growth of Fins (employees) throughout their career.

Cons

There are times it seems we don't look outward to help us improve as we are focused on what we do right.
    Lack of support structure on expanding into new markets and capabilities.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of what we are building as we bring on new leaders.
    Grow with purpose and to maintain quality as we expand our capabilities.

"Associate Developer"

Current Employee - Development Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Development Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Transparent Payscale
    - Excellent Benefits
    - Great Mentorship Program
    - Career path planning
    - Culture of Learning and Openness
    - ESOP

Pariveda Solutions is a company I see myself staying for a very long time. I can genuinely say I care about and enjoy working with the people here. Everyone is very committed to growing themselves and each other.

One thing I want to stress is the ESOP. Over time, the employees are becoming the owners of this company. Pariveda is not held captive by public shareholders pushing quarterly profits. It is the employees who have a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. It is how the company's culture will continue to be maintained for many decades to come.

Cons

- The 401k match is a little weak
    - A little cult-like atmosphere, but I personally love the Kool-aid
    - Sometimes you have to commute, but its comes with consulting

Advice to Management

Always seek to protect the wonderful culture that has been built here.