Pariveda Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Pariveda Solutions Reviews

Updated February 12, 2019

4.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work-life balance is something that I've had very-little challenge maintaining at Pariveda" (in 26 reviews)

• "Career path is clearly laid out with the opportunity for promotion based on your work, not on what position is open" (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some clients are more demanding than others which impacts work life balance" (in 12 reviews)

• "While predictable, the career path can feel stifling at times due to (sensible) speed limits on promotions" (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Growth opportunities abound"

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

There are many good things about Pariveda: we have a transparent pay-scale, an ESOP, a clearly defined career path, and a large emphasis on mentorship that will help you feel supported in your career journey.

Additionally, with Pariveda being so mission-driven it can leave you feeling inspired to find what your personal passion is and integrate it into your professional life. This further boosts engagement and career growth which I personally value most.

If you are looking to grow and be stretched in ways that you haven't before, this is the place to do that. There are many opportunities to have an impact on both your local market and the company as a whole regardless of your position.

Cons

With growth comes discomfort so not everyone will thrive under the strong feedback culture we have (although this was a personal growth area for myself that I was able to overcome at Pariveda). Additionally, your career is in your hands. While there is support and development opportunities along the way, it's ultimately up to you to take the initiative and implement changes as you grow. The commitment to growth and learning may not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep being open and eliciting feedback at all levels of the organization. We will never be perfect but if we continue practicing our core values we will adapt over time and survive the challenges that lay ahead.

Pariveda Solutions Response

Oct 5, 2018 – Pariveda Solutions

Thanks for the thoughtful review!

2. "A consulting firm designed with employee development at its heart"

Current Employee - Pariveda Solutions in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Pariveda Solutions in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Structured and flexible career paths with a dedicated mentor to guide you along the way.
    Generalist model provides opportunities to grow into adjacent skills and functional areas to your core competencies.
    Employee ownership model provides protection from outside acquisition and related massive cultural shifts.

Cons

Consulting project assignments not always ideal due to client and market constraints and pressures.

Advice to Management

Continue investments in enabling scaling and assurance of Fin development as we grow into a large international firm.

3. "The Best for Growth Mindset"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Highest integrity at all leadership levels. Clear and well planned career progression. Encouraged to be on the learning edge and grow — well supported.

Cons

The structure can be a bit rigid for some. This is easily worked through with great relationships and an open mind.

Advice to Management

Develop core areas earlier so that a strong foundation is in place before Manager level.

4. "Lots of growth and support"

Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* people are very interested in your professional growth and always willing to help
    * lots of transparency in the company (salary, hiring standards, promotion expectations, company initiatives, etc)
    * each office has its own micro-culture, which is interesting and can be fun
    * you get to work on a lot of different types of projects as a consultant

Cons

* if you don't fit with pariveda's career path (individual contributor --> manager), then it's difficult to carve out alternate options
    * the pay isn't competitive with other tech companies (but it is competitive with other consulting companies)

5. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Well-defined Career path. I know exactly where my career can go in the next 10 years, which I've found is pretty rare.

- Focus on people. Pariveda throws a lot of $/hours into growing their employees. The feedback that each employee gets is structured to be honest, constructive, and focused on helping the employee reach their fullest potential. I'm confident that I'll grow as a professional here.

- Consulting w/o the Consulting Travel. For the most part, most consultants don't travel on a weekly or monthly basis. They will work with you to make sure you're on a project that makes sense for you and your family time. The level of flexibility they give is world class in that they really try their best to get you where you feel comfortable.

Cons

The commute can be variable, depending on which client project you're on. You can either be in the office, or you can be at the client.

6. "Great First Experience With Consulting"

Current Employee - Consultant I in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant I in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Commitment to Employee Growth
    Lots of transparency
    Open and honest communication
    Great upper management
    Clear promotion path

Cons

None so far. I've heard others have seen opportunities for better compensation after 3-5 years of experience.

Advice to Management

Stay committed to the culture, and prioritize it over short-term growth

7. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At Pariveda, growth opportunities and resources are readily available, compensation is above average, and company culture is awesome. I can honestly say that feel valued and cared for.

Cons

Working for Pariveda can be extremely challenging at times. Pariveda employees are required to get out of their comfort zone on a regular basis. There are often tight deadlines.

"Transparent, Clear Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pariveda's greatest strength is the transparency that is provided to you around your career. Published salaries and clear expectations for advancement take a lot of stress out of the job. Pariveda has given me ample opportunity to grow and learn in my career, which is a testament to the company's commitment to talent development. Over the years, my role has grown and expanded in ways that are meaningful to me.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but the firm has to be careful about how it continues to grow. Much of what makes Pariveda great could easily be lost if it grows in the wrong way.

Advice to Management

Be cognizant of the employee experience as the firm grows

"Associate"

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

I have been work at the LA office for a few months now, and so far I have to agree with most of the reviews here that it is an amazing place to work. Pariveda truly cares about you as an individual! We all got the opportunity to attend a training event in Dallas called Dolphin School after first joining, where we learned amazing business strategies and coaching skills that we can apply to thrive in our industry.

The office also takes pride in leading a by-weekly lunch & learn session. This is a great opportunity for everyone in the office to participate and lead a 1-2-hour session on a machine learning topic or any topic that promotes career/individual growth. We have a very collaborative culture, and everybody just wants to grow and learn together through feedback.

Pariveda invests a lot in us to make sure we have a great work life balance. Everybody at the office is very friendly and approachable. We go on many fun excursions as a group outside of work (restaurants, sporting events, conferences, etc.). We also get access to online training to pursue any technical/business certifications. LA office is also great because for the last couple of months we have been getting tasty local food catered in for breakfast & lunch twice a week.

The interview process was also very smooth. I had my interviews done and an offer in hand in 5 weeks or so. My recruiter was great and kept me in the loop throughout the whole process.

Cons

So far so good :)

"Alright"

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time

Pros

Benefits are great
    People are friendly for the most part

Cons

Enjoyment of the job is highly dependent on what client you are staffed on.
    Their message regarding staffing changes constantly.