Park Community Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Park Community Credit Union Reviews

Updated Sep 9, 2019

Found 11 reviews

3.7
  1. "Great place to work!!!"

I have been working at Park Community Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love working for Park. It’s like a big family, very tight knit. So many great perks. PTO is awesome and there’s so many ways to make extra money.

Cons

I really can’t think of anything!

Park Community Credit Union2019-04-03
  2. "Pretty good place to work and learn."

Current Employee - EBranch Service Representative in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Park Community Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great PTO, plenty of opportunities to move to other positions or departments, good structure

Cons

Average pay, lackluster management, recently restructured incentive plan is cruddy, lots of bureaucracy at the corporate office.

Advice to Management

Listen more to your employees. Too many complaints and questions being shrugged off and ignored.

Park Community Credit Union2019-09-09
  3. "Collector"

I worked at Park Community Credit Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people for the most part, always friendly. Work environment is generally pretty awesome in most aspects, compared to other companies.

Cons

Unless you are a member of upper management there is an air of student and teacher, rather than being respected as a coworker and am adult. Some departments are even required to create a presention on a product and present it to the department as a PowerPoint or other means of presentation. There is also an undercurrent of passive aggressive behavior from many in the organization, rather than discourse if an issue... arises.

Park Community Credit Union2018-05-07

"Lots of room for improvement"

I worked at Park Community Credit Union full-time

Pros

Very compassionate people to work with.

Cons

Chaotic, tumultuous, disorganized, & impulsive work environment

Advice to Management

Spending time and energy to motivate the staff is a waste of effort. If you have the right people in the right positions, they will be self-motivated. Also, give the staff the freedom and empowerment to make their own decisions. They will become self disciplined - then you can manage the business model, not the people.

Park Community Credit Union2018-01-29
  5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Retail Associate in Louisville, KY

Pros

Most everyone who works here really cares about our members. We work to help our members everyday. It is nice to work somewhere that everyone works for the same goal.

Cons

Always lots of things going on here.

Park Community Credit Union2017-10-12

"Used to be the best place to work and bank, until the princesses in their ivory tower took over"

I worked at Park Community Credit Union full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

co workers are great - unfortunately, no one can enjoy it too much before management destroys it.

Cons

Executive management!! Used to be an amazing place to work - smaller culture, family / team environment. Then the greedy older children took over as executives and changed everything. If you aren't in the inner circle of friends, then you are doomed no matter what you do. 6 executives exist, 3 men and 3 women. The 3 women RULE everything. The men are weak cowards who cater to the women's whims. Whatever they... say- goes! And the women are not qualified to be in the positions they are. They would never be successful in any other company and that is why they are so aggressive and petty because they have to protect their territory. The culture has become rigid and stiff and you walk around tip toeing so you don't tick the wrong person off. They try to claim they are fun and care about their employees but they literally force people to "have fun" with their lame attempts at team building. However, if you don't pretend with your plastic smile to enjoy it - you are called out and added to the naughtly list. Sad sad that this place once was a wonderful loving organization that cared about not only its members but its employees as well. Now they only care about money and who can follow their rules.

Advice to Management

No advice - because they won't listen to it anyway!

Park Community Credit Union2017-06-05
  7. "Great place to work. Friendly atmosphere"

Current Employee - Management in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Park Community Credit Union full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are great benefits and they treat me like family. Lots of fun things going on and my managers value my opinion.

Cons

I don't really know of any other than I don't like to work Saturdays but since I'm in retail I guess it can't be avoided.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. It's a great place to work

Park Community Credit Union2016-10-29
  8. "Overall great place to work"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant

I worked at Park Community Credit Union full-time

Pros

Great step in furthering your career, lunches are half-paid, annual bonuses, job security, great people to work with (mostly), the prestige of working for a local financial institution that offers my friends better alternatives to what they get from "too big to fail" banks

Cons

high turnover in entry positions, hourly employees have little flexibility, mandatory community volunteer time (unpaid), low salary comparatively, too much hiring from within

Advice to Management

For my previous manager specifically, I would strongly advise that after having an employee in a progressively evolving position over a 5 year period, that you would at least consider a correspondingly evolved title/salary rather than belittling their entire career path. A simple "no plans at this time" would have sufficed marvelously.

Park Community Credit Union2016-09-12
  9. "corporate office"

Corporate Office in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Park Community Credit Union

Pros

Great place to work. Recommended

Cons

No improvements come to mind

Park Community Credit Union2015-09-03
  10. "Great place to get started"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative

I have been working at Park Community Credit Union part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work atmosphere, your bosses will work with you and help teach you. You are always feeling like you are a part of a team

Cons

Some members can be difficult, but it is retail

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Park Community Credit Union2015-01-15