Park Electrochemical Reviews | Glassdoor

Park Electrochemical Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2019

1.8
Park Electrochemical Chairman, President, and CEO Brian E. Shore (no image)
Brian E. Shore
  1. "Review"

I have been working at Park Electrochemical

Pros

Great group of people. I really enjoy getting to know my co workers and the passion they have for this industry.

Cons

I have no cons at this time.

Park Electrochemical2016-09-06
  2. "A Job"

I have been working at Park Electrochemical full-time

Pros

Ability to participate in 401(k) plan, Stockoptions

Cons

No cons to truly report at this time

Park Electrochemical2019-04-22
  3. "Terrible"

I worked at Park Electrochemical full-time for less than a year

Pros

None, I can't think of one pro

Cons

Everything but the absolute worst was the president. Extremely full of himself and verbally abused those below him.

Park Electrochemical2019-03-21
  4. "Garbage job"

I worked at Park Electrochemical full-time for less than a year

Pros

They teach you everything any questions you may have anyone will help. It's a good way too put your foot in if you want to enter another aerospace company

Cons

Where too start .... Just cause we are the new guys does not mean that other employees that been a couple months longer have the right to slack off be on there phones. The supervisors on 2nd shift are a joke poor managing skill heck they take and 40 min break straight up bulls, lunch is like 45-an hr and half the crew is always high I got fed up picking up slack when it's a "team" job to help one another... If you want to apply got to first shift they are better more on point about working... 13.50 an hour sounds like roadkill even at the lowest pay at a aerospace company I'm getting 17. Total rape got one bonus of 80dls after one year . The CEO is full of it everyone is kissing as . I really thought I hit jack pot with this job but all it was it was a steeping stone to a better job if you work here good luck god bless and kiss as only way to get on top

Advice to Management

Drug test I think 2nd shift just milks the clock to much CEO hang around the ppl see how there doing ask talk to them show them you care even if you don't

Park Electrochemical2019-02-20

"High turnover rate"

in Newton, KS

I have been working at Park Electrochemical for more than 5 years

Pros

For the most part you can work as much overtime as you want Its a good place to learn about the field so you can get a career that pays decent.

Cons

The turnover rate is ridiculous, kids straight out of highschool will be here for a couple months until they realize how bad the pay actually is. The supervisors are constantly on the same rotation and the ones that stay only stay because they kiss up to the president so they can get by with anything. yearly raises are almost nothing. The highest you can get is 3% which equates to around 40 cents.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a decent wage. This is the aerospace industry, not McDonalds. Give out bonuses, performance raises or at least have cash incentives. By doing this the employees will feel more appreciated which will result in actually having experienced workers and not constantly having to train people. Also there is a a couple supervisors that treat there employees like crap. Open your eyes Mark and get these supervisors trained to not play favorites and treat there employees with respect. Your about to lose a very knowledgeable employee due to this.

Park Electrochemical2018-06-08
  6. "Engineer"

I have been working at Park Electrochemical full-time

Pros

They offer not okay benefit.

Cons

Management needs to provide more direction of the business.

Park Electrochemical2017-07-18

"In process quality control"

Former Employee - Ipqc in Newton, KS

I worked at Park Electrochemical full-time

Pros

The job was a great learning experience. The coworkers were friendly, and would help you learn new areas. Management is young but always trying to improve processes. Always opportunity for over time.

Cons

Upper management and CEO absolutely do not listen to anybody. Do expect to get a raise, but if you do want more money be willing to learn other peoples jobs. With all of the over time it will take away from home life.

Advice to Management

Pay competitively. Most people wouldn't leave if they were just offered a little closer to what most other aerospace company's start at.

Park Electrochemical2017-05-27

"Wasted my time"

I have been working at Park Electrochemical full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learning about composite in depth. Small group of people to work with. Small parties every now and then The pros is barely anything

Cons

CEO is a moron. Please read other reviews about him. Be prepared to work with furious frustrated people. Customer service department is the worst. Long stressful hours.

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO

Park Electrochemical2016-12-10

"Don't bother"

I worked at Park Electrochemical

Pros

None other than getting a paycheck

Cons

You name it...BAD management in NY, lack of respect for employees, etc. etc. etc.

Advice to Management

Leave

Park Electrochemical2016-09-07

"Great place to learn composites, but don't stay"

in Newton, KS

I worked at Park Electrochemical

Pros

For someone new to the composites industry, the company is a great learning experience. There's lots of opportunity to get "hands on" experience. Many opportunities to work directly with customers throughout the aerospace industry. The company is very customer focused, which is nice.

Cons

Bad management. It doesn't matter how much research or justification you put into a project, at the end of the day, the CEO makes every decision for the company. All the senior managers run around trying to make sure the CEO is happy rather than actually making the business better. There's also no room for career growth. Once you get your title and salary you're stuck with it, unless you're in senior management. The place also has a swinging door of talent coming in and out of the company. This was the first company I saw folks leave in large numbers due to frustration or they got canned. If you did something the CEO didn't like, your days were numbered. Also, be prepared to work 60+ hours without any additional compensation or even a pat on the back. Long hours are expected!

Advice to Management

Stop being so scared of the CEO and his dictator ways. The company is publicly traded and I'm sure the investors would not want a company that can't keep good talent.

Park Electrochemical2016-07-07