Park Place Dealerships "dealership" Reviews | Glassdoor

Park Place Dealerships Employee Reviews about "dealership"

Updated Jul 3, 2019

Found 86 reviews

3.2
Ken Schnitzer Jr.
Pros
  • "I never dreamed of working in a dealership(in 7 reviews)

• "Good benefits and the people are very friendly(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "They have the biggest turnover but no one will look at the leader - everything changed when that changed(in 5 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "dealership"

Return to all Reviews

"No Opportunity, No Balance, No Honesty"

I worked at Park Place Dealerships full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Used to be an award-winning dealership group with cutting edge ideas and leadership... so the capacity is there. The biggest “pro” are the people who DO the work, that show up day in and day out with a smile taking care of clients. Owner was a visionary to be sure, but he’s not involved, or no longer cares. I only give a two because the people I worked with were awesome.

Cons

Constant lies and terrible communication, unfulfilled promises, double standards and hypocrisy from HR leaders and upper management, limited-mind leadership and backhanded HR practices.

Advice to Management

Your best assets are RIGHT in front of you. Without THEM, the members - you are NOTHING. Take care of them. Coming on board, expectations are high - only to be let down by the reality that it is only held together by the long term employees working their tails off, to support the top heavy inexperienced leadership.

Park Place Dealerships2018-10-26
  2. "Sales Experience Consultant"

Former Employee - Sales Experience Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Park Place Dealerships full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

In terms of working in the retail automotive space, I cannot imagine a better company to work for. They truly care about the "client experience" and will go above and beyond to do the right thing to ensure the client is happy. I worked at the Dallas MB dealership and the management and culture at that particular location are second to none.

Cons

At the end of the day, the car business + retail = difficult work/life balance. That is not a Park Place problem, but just the nature of the industry,

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Park Place Dealerships2017-02-13
  3. "Great Company"

I have been working at Park Place Dealerships

Pros

I never dreamed of working in a dealership. Here I am and loving it!

Cons

No cons that I can think of. This place is great!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Park Place Dealerships2016-04-26
  4. "Great Place to work, any position"

I have been working at Park Place Dealerships

Pros

Fun to work at, appreciates and respects members. Good work/ life balance for a car dealership

Cons

Too many levels of management. Hard to increase pay unless you move into manager position

Park Place Dealerships2016-03-26

"Overall great company to work for - very well run and they take great care of their members (employees)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Park Place Dealerships full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great working environment - the dealerships are beautiful and extremely well-maintained. Everyone who works there is very professional and passionate about what they do. Run like a luxury retailer more than a car dealership. Park Place has great reputation in the industry and in DFW as the best lux car dealer group. Great career growth opportunities - great training. Made the top 5 Best Places to Work in DFW for 4 straight...

Cons

Expectations are high as is accountability to performance results. A very process driven organization - which could be challenging to those who don't excel in that environment.

Park Place Dealerships2014-11-27
  6. "sales"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Plano, TX

I have been working at Park Place Dealerships full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good compensation,company morals, different than your typical auto dealership

Cons

Long hours, little room for upward mobility

Park Place Dealerships2014-01-24
  7. "Great if you want to work in automotive retail sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in

I worked at Park Place Dealerships

Pros

Nice facilities Luxury car sales Good benefits, pay and training available for sales people One of the better auto dealership groups.

Cons

In management, company first, everything else next. Seen as a negative if not working on day off. Firing people for no job performance reason is a common practice for sales management at most auto dealerships.

Advice to Management

Improve the work/life balance for sales people in order to secure and retain quality people.

Park Place Dealerships2012-11-09