Park Place Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Park Place Technologies President and CEO Ed Kenty
Ed Kenty

"Support Analyst"

I have been working at Park Place Technologies full-time

Pros

Fast passed, challenging, growing at a constant steady pace, wonderful people to work with, a comfortable workplace/family/home like, great incentives and benefits, a place where you wake up and want to go into work, ability to grow within the company, plus great recognition to their employees, get to use my critical thinking and analytical skills to improve customer satisfaction, all employees care and are willing to lend a hand to one another, fast passed and continuously evolving/growing and developing, a place where you work hard and feel great knowing you earned every bit of the effort you put in. You are always compensated for how much you apply yourself. It never goes unnoticed. Great place to work for those who are hard working individuals and enjoy being challenged.

Cons

Could have better training techniques, but there is always someone willing to answer any questions. Learning by doing and asking questions rather than watching and note taking. Long work days but equally long break periods totaling a normal 8 hour work day.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do, it's working and I am excited to be apart of this evolving company! kudos!

2. "Great growing company"

Current Employee - Analyst in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Park Place Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company prefers to promote from within. The company is growing rapidly and so are the opportunities. Most supervisors are genuinely interested in helping people progress who express an interest and the benefits are amazing.

Cons

There are some departments where alot of people have no interest in being there and no work ethic that are never let go. Also, very sales oriented.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at staffing and see where people aren't producing.

3. "Park Place Technologies is a great company to work for."

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Chagrin Falls, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Chagrin Falls, OH

I worked at Park Place Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Park Place Technologies always goes above and beyond to show each employee how valuable and important he or she is to the company by investing in the employee's overall professional growth.

Cons

Like most companies after the recession, Park Place Technologies discouraged hiring additional resources, despite a significant increase in the volume of new accounts.

"Fast paced company, Great employee culture, many opportunities for advancement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at Park Place Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They treat their employee's really well. The pay at or above market salaries and their benefits package is one of the best I seen in years

Cons

The management team needs to mature, as the company growth and size has past them by.

Advice to Management

With the growth of a company, you need to learn how to trust and delegate You have a tendency. to micro manage situations which impacts your direct reports and company culture

6. "God place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Park Place Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay laid back work environment.

Cons

You will never advance in the company unless you have a college degree

7. "BDA Program"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Mayfield Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Mayfield Heights, OH

Pros

-Managers that are solely dedicated to progressing you as a BDA and future account manager
    -Collaboration between departments at a level that I have never seen at any other company
    -The opportunity to make an insane amount of money is real and attainable
    -Benefits are incredible
    -Competetive environment and a lot of incentives to keep your drive up
    -Slowly acclimate you into sales rather than just throwing you to the dogs. For instance, you have a whole year before earn-through kicks in
    -Great work outings
    -Executives of the company take the time to get to know people, even at the lower levels
    -The company is growing extremely rapidly

Cons

-It can be tough to get time with managers because they are spread a bit thin
    -Sales is stressful, but that's to be expected coming in
    -The company is growing, so sometimes there are more changes than you can keep up with
    -Some managers seem to play favorites, and it is very much a "boys club"
    -Metrics are everything until you become top of the top

Advice to Management

Make sure that you keep expanding departments other than sales. Another pre-sales employee would be appreciated by sales, I'm sure. Marketing is an extreme weak point right now, and there really is so much room for improvement. Be transparent with all the growth that's going on right now.

"A Great Place To Work, But it is Still Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, OH

I have been working at Park Place Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having held positions in a wide variety of business sectors, from the slow-to-evolve manufacturing sector to the fine-tuned, government grant squandering non-profit sector, I must say that Park Place is the best environment in which I have worked to date. There are many reasons that I say this including great people, great benefits, fun social activities, peer-to-peer recognition programs with opportunities to earn a little extra money, multiple employee driven committees for positive change, healthy lifestyle encouragements and a fairly convenient office location (Mayfield Heights).

Cons

The same office politics, interpersonal entanglements, occasional work/life imbalances, and feelings of being under-compensated occur here, as they occur ANYWHERE you work with a lot of people in exchange for a pay check. They expect hard-work in exchange for a salary and a great deal of other expenses made in pursuit of employee satisfaction. However, this is not a con specific to Park Place as a few of the negative reviews imply.

Advice to Management

While there is a great deal of job/task related training, it might be a good idea to have training in the way of "Working with Emotional Intelligence" and change management. There is a material percentage of employees with limited workforce experience and many others who have not learned to weather periods of intense change. Help them learn their jobs as well as learning how to perform them effectively regardless of how they feel about a given task or organizational change.

Jul 18, 2016 – Vice President

Thanks for taking the time to describe your experience with Park Place and drawing comparisons to your personal experiences with other workplaces. Maintaining the elements of our unique company as ... More

"Contracts/Pricing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, OH

Pros

Great benefits - not worth not having a life.

Cons

Company expects you to work 50 plus hours a week without the benefits of overtime. Contracts department is run by complete idiots who think they are better than the people they are managing. The management team talk about other employees behind their backs and makes fun of them. Not only have I witnessed it but also watched them fire an employee for standing up to them for the way they spoke about employees behind their backs.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and they will work harder for you.

Jul 19, 2016 – Vice President

Your comments are appreciated and we take them very seriously. We hope you have seen improvements in your areas of concern and we are interested in hearing more from you. If you'd like to discuss ... More

10. "Employee Centric Culture"

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Park Place Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Talented and dedicated team environment, truly appreciative and empowering management, many opportunities for growth, above average total compensation (good benefits package, including tuition reimbursement) and deep understanding of life/work balance.

Cons

Must enjoy giving your best effort 100% of the time, parking can be problematic if you mind walking from the spacious back lot, and your ideas and suggestions are actually welcome.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and consider across the board raises for everyone earning less than 75K.

Jul 19, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for the positive and constructive feedback. Your ideas and suggestions are very welcome. Our benefits program is carefully constructed to meet a variety of needs at varying stages and we ... More

11. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Park Place Technologies (More than 5 years)

Pros

They really care about Quality of Life for all Employees. Great place to work, Great People all the way up & down the chain.

Cons

Honestly I cant think of any... oh wait, No Snack Machine or Soda machine. LOL!

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great Work!

Nov 5, 2015 – Vice President

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Park Place. We are glad you are part of the team. I will let our facilities team know about your snack and soda machine request.