Park Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
David Vaughan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Bullies"

Former Employee - Norfolk in Great Yarmouth, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Norfolk in Great Yarmouth, England (UK)

Pros

Excellent discounts on holidays, training okay

Cons

Work colleagues are bullies, shame I can't name and shame on here!

Advice to Management

Senior management need to ensure the department managers are trained correctly to ensure that their day to day actions aren't that of being nasty little bullies!!! When someone makes a complaint, make sure you see it through; not doing so makes you as bad as them!!!

2. "Depends on the team - Teamstar"

Former Employee - Teamstar in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Teamstar in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

I worked at Park Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training they provide for entertainers is great if you're a newbie.
    The shows at Park Resorts are loads of fun to perform
    If you're put in the right team this is the perfect job

Cons

Unfortunately I was not put in the right team. I was very much bullied and insulted by my team which ruined a lot of the experience of working for them.
    The caravans they give you to live in are a lot of the time the oldest ones that are not in saleable condition.

Advice to Management

Really work on who is with who when it comes to the teams.
    Choose your complex managers carefully - every park I worked on the complex manager ended up getting fired. This isn't good or fair on the teamstars.

3. "lifeguard"

Former Employee - Bar Staff, Lifeguard and Bar Manager in Maldon, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Bar Staff, Lifeguard and Bar Manager in Maldon, England (UK)

Pros

pay was same as somewhere else

Cons

dont really care about their staff or appreciate their hard work unless its your manager but anyone at headquarters dont care one bit

Advice to Management

maybe meet some of the staff on the front line see what they do top make your job easier meet your budgets we work very hard you sit behind a desk we are ones with sore backs sore feet and sweating buckets

4. "Awful head office"

Former Contractor - Finance in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - Finance in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I worked at Park Resorts as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Modern offices and pay wasnt too bad.

Cons

Awful atmosphere, very large open plan office and there was hardly any interaction. I was pretty much left on my on with no support or training. High turnover of staff within finance departments. Some very nasty characters. Unflexible working hours. Not enough parking. Desks are segregated with large dividers its as though they dont want anyone to speak to each other. Lots of whispering and name-calling. Constantly felt tension and that people were on edge.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff and their problems. Dont assume just because someone is manager that they are capable of doing their job. Get staff socialising and iteracting within their working day.

5. "Difficult Time"

Current Contractor - Social Media Editor
    Current Contractor - Social Media Editor

I have been working at Park Resorts as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and enthusiastic team, freedom in job role provided.

Cons

The company is going through a merge and there is uncertainty which effects morale

6. "Worthwhile"

I have been working at Park Resorts part-time

Pros

Opportunities for various roles throughout the parks. There is also the opportunity to work your way up and obviously there are various locations throughout the country

Cons

Sometimes the main issues can be with being paid incentives on time. If this issue was resolved there is little else to comment about.

Advice to Management

Bonus incentives take too long to be paid (added onto wage slip) however they are worthwhile.Enjoyable atmosphere to work in

7. "Holiday Sales Advisor"

Current Employee - Holiday Sales Advisor in Towyn, Gwynedd, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Holiday Sales Advisor in Towyn, Gwynedd, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Park Resorts full-time

Pros

I love being Front of House Receptionist as I love meeting people and work well in a team or on my own using my own initiative.

Cons

It is a seasonal job but I do find it a bit too demanding especially in the peak season we have just had checking in hundreds of people in most days. I prefer to work in the Hotel Industry

Advice to Management

I am very hard working and love meeting people and I am very friendly and get on well with everyone I have ever worked with and for.

8. "No Standards, low morale"

Former Employee - Bar Supervisor in Camber, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Bar Supervisor in Camber, England (UK)

I worked at Park Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

it is a great starter job for young people out of school or college to work in a busy and exciting place. The staff accomadation is a great way to feel connected with other staff and the community is great.

Cons

High turn around of staff. Little to no staff appreciation. Long hours with little to no breaks. some management obilivous to the problems within the company.

Advice to Management

I understand that hiring young people is cost effective but when you are in the peak summer period at a holiday camp you need experience and reliablity. 18 year old students who have never worked in a bar or restaurant is benifical in quieter months to train but don't replace leaving staff with inexperiance during summer months