Park View Credit Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Nirit Rubenstein

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "great atmosphere/working enviorment"

Pros

They have created a very motivating and supportive work enviorment

Cons

Company was bought out, things seemed to run better prior to the sale of company

2. "Former Employee"

Former Employee - Former Employee in Van Nuys, CA
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Van Nuys, CA

I worked at Park View Credit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very lean organization with flat structure; access to every resource.

Cons

Baggage from the past is affecting operations of the business.

Advice to Management

Fix mistakes of previous management.

3. "Great place to work at"

I have been working at Park View Credit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is friendly, and management isn't breathing down your neck. It's a chill environment to work in.

Cons

At times, communication between the departments isn't so clear which leads to confusion.

4. "best employer EVER!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Park View Credit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been here for about a year, and unfortunately I have to leave to take care of some family issues, so I'm moving back to Florida.
    But since I've been employed here, I have learned so much. Not only about credit, but about myself as well.
    The mgmt team here is absolutely amazing, and i know i can trust them to be able to go them with any problems i have and they will give me good advice in confidence.
    They genuinely care about their employees.
    Park View has been the most fun work environment, and the best job I've ever had.
    I will greatly miss all my team members and mgmt when i leave, and i can't wait to come back!

Cons

It gets slow during Xmas time and new years.

Advice to Management

Love the mgmt!

5. "Low training and high turnover"

Former Employee - Resource Agent in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Resource Agent in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Park View Credit part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a camaraderie among the salespeople on the floor and they bring in donuts routinely on Saturdays. They also play music on the speakers in the salesfloor area that is usually pretty good.

Cons

Very inadequate training and a high turnover rate. Also they have a tendency towards pressure selling tactics. Rude attitudes and a careless attitude towards customers from the management.

Advice to Management

Increase your training of your salespeople and focus on selling your products in a clear transparent way. If your products do not benefit your customers, don't sell to them.

6. "A Great Experience"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Park View Credit full-time

Pros

This company has been unlike any other that I have worked for in the past. There is tremendous room for growth. Performance and hard work are always rewarded. This is a team and family oriented work culture where everybody is appreciated and looked at as key players.

Cons

Since the company has gone through a few transitions in both structure and management there have been a few bumps in the road. However, this is to be expected for any exponentially growing business.

Advice to Management

To continue to stay active in bettering employee and client experience.

7. "Wonderful Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Park View Credit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Park View Credit office promotes a fun and friendly environment. They offer great employee benefits, look to promote from within first and the CEO cares a lot about individual employees and their career growth.

Cons

Office moved from Brentwood to Van Nuys, which was a "con" to begin with, but now I like the area and all the different restaurants around. And there's a Costco down the street.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring superstars!

"A good experience turned bad."

Current Employee - S1 Sourcing Agent in Van Nuys, CA
    Current Employee - S1 Sourcing Agent in Van Nuys, CA

I have been working at Park View Credit part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere for a young person. Good music, free food, helpful sales reps. You can learn a lot from working here. When it comes to helping people get back on their feet, I'm glad to say I was able to help a few.

Cons

I wasn't trained properly. One day of training and then shoved in the bullpen next day. With good help at first, and then the help just got confusing. The moment you don't meet "Quota" they are on you like a leech on skin. They train you to read the script, then you tell you not to read the script. They put new people in the "Rent To Own" campaign and 90% of the people who inquire about RTO (actual answered calls), they are always broke, their credit is soooooo bad that they gave up on it, and with that 70% of my calls were answering machines or hang ups. I had more success doing 800RG because those people are a bit more serious, but because I wasn't meeting RTO quota, they started to give up on me. There are 5 S1 sales managers, I worked closely with 2 or 3. They all wanted me to "Pitch" like them, sometimes I would ask them to help me close a deal and sure as sh*t, they couldn't close either hahaha. They would listen to my calls and when I would say something one manager would say, another manager would say I was wrong. They would drop hints that they were pretty much going to can me, and because of that it messed up my performance. I've seen good sales people just up and leave because they were fed up. I should of done the same, but I walked in with a "peace out" check waiting for me.

Advice to Management

Look, if you are going to have 4 or 5 different sales managers my advice is:

1. Come to an agreement with script and pitch amongst each other and train your new S1 agents on how to mold the script to suit them.

2. Don't micro manage so much. With proper training, your new S1 agents may not need you all up in their cubical.

3. Properly teach and train your new agents to use the CRM and Five9. A five minute lesson isn't enough, I got more help from the sales reps better than I did managers on that. Also, that includes teaching them how and who to call transfer and set up same or next day consultations.

4. Lead by example. If you're helping close deals and you're on the phone longer than me and still can't close a deal, don't get on my case.

5. If we need consistency, so do you.

"Great place to gain work expereince and sales knowledge"

Former Employee - S1 Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - S1 Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Park View Credit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hands on training, flexible schedule, managment that really cares about its employees. For anyone reading this, if you have the opportunity to work for this company you should take it. I didn't have very much sales expereince when I started, but the managers are so hands on and really gave me the one on one training other companies didn't have time or care to give me.

Cons

parking can be relly bad sometimes on Thursdays and Fridays

Advice to Management

The raffles you guys have are really fun so maybe have more of those.

"Going in the right direction!"

I worked at Park View Credit full-time

Pros

There is a young, vibrant atmosphere on the floor due to new sales reps coming in constantly. These reps are trained but some of the more experienced sales guys, but with so many new people constantly coming through the door it keeps you on your toes! Pay is good for a 6 hour shift, on a flat commission rate per sale, there isn't really a limit on how much you can earn but expect $1,500 - $2,000 if you're one of the better reps.

Cons

The office equipment and furniture is dated for about half of the office, and we also shared our floor with another company, but it would be nice to have a dedicated floor just for us to keep the atmosphere pumping

Advice to Management

The cash spiffs and free lunches really work - to get the sales team really driving more sales I would do that more often!