Cover image for ParkMan

70 Comments

Tech

470.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=ParkMan~1769893
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great colleagues(in 8 reviews)
  • "The office is modern and has many rooms for focused working and meetings.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Great team, great vision.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Good people(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

I worked at ParkMan (USA) full-time for one year

Apr 3, 2021 - Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best parts of ParkMan is the culture. People are smart, friendly, and excited about the job they are performing. Work-life balance is great, management is generally supportive and understanding. I worked remotely but still felt as an important part of the team and was involved in the daily updates, slack conversations, etc. My manager trusted me and gave me freedom to move on my own, I did not feel micromanaged (and I liked that!).

Cons

Not having an office or a team at my work place was difficult at times, especially because of some benefits that I couldn't access like insurance or 401k.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

May 19, 2022 - Customer Service Specialist in Copenhagen, Capital Region
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work ethic and management

Cons

None that I know of

3. Join the ParkMan team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0

Good product, difficult leadership

May 12, 2022 - Sales and Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

They pay well and have good benefits at least in Finland.

Cons

Things might have changed in the last one year, but remember to do as much research as you can before joining. There is no clear vision and plans change every week. If things don’t go well, the focus is on who to blame rather than fixing the problem. The work culture can be extremely demotivating and can even take a toll on your mental health. Management can sometimes make really toxic comments, they do apologise for it after but the same thing repeats over and again. There is no value for people’s time and efforts. Management lacks empathy and trust, a key skill that any leader should possess. The rest of the team is great, the product they are building is quite good, but there is a lot of room for the leadership team to grow.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Review

Mar 18, 2022 - Ćustomer Care Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice People to work with

Cons

Work load, low salary and management

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

ParkMan review

Mar 7, 2021 - Senior Android Developer in Helsinki, Southern Finland
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible working hours - Best colleagues that I have ever work with - My manager helped me grow not only on my career but also as a person

Cons

- Seems like decision is made only by one man

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to work

Feb 26, 2021 - UX-UI Designer in Helsinki, Southern Finland
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is an opportunity to develop professionally, to offer solutions for both users and internal processes. Great potential for career development. The team is professional and supportive. People help and cooperate for a better solution to the assigned tasks, as well as take care of the internal well-being of colleagues at work. The management celebrates the achievements of the employees and periodically highlight the strengths of the employee.

Cons

Nothing critical was found. Even if there are difficulties in communication, people are ready to hear other suggestions.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Awesome Place to work with perfect work and life Balance

Jan 8, 2021 - Quality Assurance Engineer in Helsinki, Southern Finland
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The team spirit is so High, you can raise any concern without any underline fear - 100% flexibility of working - 100% Ownership of your work - Everything is open and transparent - Great opportunity to grow yourself - A very ideal energy of young enthusiastic people who wants to make the change happen.

Cons

- I found nothing on the bad side

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Current Employee

Toxic Leadership

Feb 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are the only perks.

Cons

Toxic leadership by the CEO. If you tell what is wrong he will not do anything to change it, you will get tired of seeing the same mistakes done over and over again  Teamwork and ownership is expected from everyone except the CEO (he is not leading a company rather spends time with irrelevant nitty-gritty) You might get blamed in front of the whole team, in slack or behind closed doors. No one will stand up for you nor admit that it is toxic behavior Plans are changed every second day and you are expected to deliver, in the end, you have no say on your work (no actual "ownership", except that you just need to deliver whatever is wanted and opposing "without fear" wont end to anything else than waste of time and energy with someone who is not a pro in the first place) You need to earn trust and after that you get the so called freedom and flexibility, which just means that you might keep your job and not be fired (for the time being)

6 people found this review helpful

ParkMan Response

CEO

Thank you for your honest feedback. I am quite disappointed in myself after reading this, because it has been my long term project of mine to improve my team building skills. My responsibility as CEO is to find the right people for the right roles. It seems like I failed miserably in your case, and that I have put you in a position where neither I or you were happy. I am truly sorry for this, and I will keep working on my skills to better read these situations and avoid this kind of painful situations in the future. Thank you for your contribution to our mission regardless. Br, Matias (CEO)

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

A great place to be and grow

Dec 20, 2020 - Software Developer in Helsinki, Southern Finland
    Business Outlook

Pros

- It feels cool to solve real-world problems and to know that whenever I ship new code, it gets used by real customers every day. - I have learned a lot of new things from my colleagues, and whenever I face problems I can always ask and get helped - The office is modern and has many rooms for focused working and meetings. There's also a ping pong table and a small gym. - The tools are good and we have recently taken new software licenses in use which helps my work. - We have very flexible working hours. Well, during the corona time most people have chosen to work remotely, but even beforehand we had that opportunity.

Cons

- I would like the office location to be closer to the city center and to more lunch places - I miss the activities we used to have before the pandemic started, hopefully the situation gets better soon

4 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Pretty flexible working environment.

Dec 14, 2020 - Software Developer in Helsinki, Southern Finland
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. You can choose when are where you want to work. As long as job is done. 2. Employees can choose to become shareholders. 3. Coworkers are awesome, nice and friendly and ready to help. 4. Free to say anything, suggestions are welcomed. 5. Monthly demo day, that tells all the employees about what was going one in the monthly. Transparent on strategies and performances.

Cons

Office is a bit hard to reach, 15 mins working from the metro station. But I guess on the other hand it's good for your healthy.

4 people found this review helpful