KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 1,611 of over 2,069 reviews

3.6
Parker Hannifin CEO Tom Williams
Tom Williams
Pros
  • "Great place to work and good benefits(in 95 reviews)

• "Good Pay, hands on, friendly co workers(in 73 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Traditional thinking and slow to implement changes in upper management(in 54 reviews)

• "Work life balance in sales is horrible(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Parker Hannifin and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Best company I have worked for and have been working 32 years full-time.

Jul 19, 2021 - Supplier Quality Engineer in Ventura, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great bonuses that are about $20k per year depending on your salary. Job Security!

Cons

Keep losing good engineers, this could be traced to lack of resources (personnel wise). Engineer department is spread pretty thin.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worst employer I've had

Jul 19, 2021 - Senior EHS Manager in Enumclaw, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They helped me to relocate

Cons

On my first day of employment, I was told there was going to be a 10% pay cut. I'd just moved across the country and was now making less money, in a place with a substantially higher cost of living. But this also impacted my mortgage application; it was denied unless I was able to come up with 20% down payment (as a result of tighter lending practices at the beginning of Covid); this meant withdrawing $50,000 from my 401k. I was given 2 extra days off per month but as I was just starting and learning a brand new job and brand new company I was unable to take advantage of this. In a meeting on January 7 2021, the events of January 6 2021 in Washington, DC were compared to the struggles the company was facing as it navigated the economic impact of Covid-19. Following this, Post-It Notes with threatening language and anti-Semitic comments were left around the facility. These were shared with leadership. No communication with the employees was communicated and the problem only worsened. The concern for employee injuries had less to do with the recovery and health of those affected and instead on the most efficient presentation of a PowerPoint. At one point during an injury review, an employee's name was forgotten during the presentation while that employee was sitting right there. Corporate mentions "Courage to Care" in its mission but gives no evidence of this in their actions. On one of my last days at work I mentioned having faced anti-Semitic comments at work. Not one of them asked me about it; not from whom the comments came, not when the comments were made.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Old School Culture

Jul 26, 2021 - Project Management in Kalamazoo, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Parker is a great corporation with years of foundation to support it. Things are already lined up and there is little ambiguity as far as daily tasks.

Cons

The culture is very old school with little diversity, and an extremely slow pace. For someone as energetic as myself it was just not a great fit. The years of foundation makes it hard to make an impact as an individual.

4. 5.0

Worked here for 8 yrs

Jul 19, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

They do a great job soliciting employee feedback and then taking action to improve our work. Over the years they’ve also improved the manager quality. I rarely if ever hear about a bad manager anymore.

Cons

A lot of opportunity to live up but almost all require relocating

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company

Jul 21, 2021 - Buyer/Planner
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quarterly Bonus, People, Employee Engagement

Cons

Long Hours and antiquated technology Management turnover every few years

6. 4.0

Standard Position

Jul 7, 2021 - Territory Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Parker offers the standard perks associated with technical sales role (phone, laptop, company vehicle). There are opportunities to move up within the company.

Cons

Overall, compensation tends to be 3rd quartile for technical sales roles. However, there is a lot of stability that comes with the roles. Also, given the size of Parker and the nature of its industry, change is slow and hard to come by in the company.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best place in the local area

Feb 15, 2021 - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Erie, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Has a small company feel even though it's a big company. Reasonably good benefits. Very interesting work. A culture where engineers can be promoted well without having to go into management to advance, LORD does well retaining tallent . LORD's market diversity makes it surprisingly stable, mechanical products and chemical products tend to ballance eachother over the years as well as civil and military markets. Have the opportunity to move around and try new things or stay in one spot and become a long term subject matter expert. I love working here, the pros well outweigh the cons.

Cons

Benefit options aren't nearly as good since we joined Parker, the LORD benefits just had better nicer options, particularly health care and 401k, the company stock match use to be awesome as well. Fear of layoffs, it's always been an issue with LORD and seems to be just the same with Parker, so no change there, as expected they correspond to market conditions. LORD has lost their push to develop new products. A few years were spent streamlining the current business to be lean and look great on paper, but at the cost of eliminating the development that LORD was so incredible at in the past. I hope that now we are part of Parker this swings back the other way for the sake of LORD's future because it's an awesome place to work.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fine for a corporation

Jul 1, 2021 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Parker is a large, public corporation and has the benefits of being stable, diversified, and full of global opportunity.

Cons

Parker is a large, public corporate and has the drawbacks of being old, bureaucratic, and slanted toward those who “play the game”.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Parker Richland is not like most divisions of Parker

Jul 9, 2021 - Senior Electrical Engineer in Richland, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are friendly Richland is a small quiet village with good schools

Cons

Very non-technical management with little support for engineering Most design work is done by either interns or foreign technical service companies, which means most projects don't end well. I have not been with a company that had no use for Matlab, PSpice, Ansys, or other modeling and simulation software because of lack of management understanding of modern design methodology. Strictly old-school, design, build, and revise over and over.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent company

Jul 9, 2021 - Division Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Structured, engaged, empowered, focus on employee culture

Cons

None that I can think of

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,611 Reviews