Parker Hannifin Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Parker Hannifin CEO Tom Williams
Tom Williams

Pros
  • Good benefits and interesting processes (in 52 reviews)

• Parker is a great place to work if you're looking for a good work-life balance (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management was too far removed from the workfloor (in 36 reviews)

• Work/Life Balance is non-existent (in 14 reviews)

"Fantastic people. I wish I'd never left!"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Irvine, CA

Pros

Parker Aerospace is a great company. I worked in the communications department (MARCOMM, not radio communications equipment) and I was very pleased to have worked with such terrific people. My manager was excellent and my coworkers were wonderful. I encountered only one negative personality while I was there and that was outside of my department. The work hours and workload were very fair. I can honestly say that I miss the people, the company and the experience.

Cons

This depends upon what you're looking for and where you're at in your career. I would say that, as a graphics professional, I initially thought the environment was a little backwards. This place is not "hollywood," except that you might expect to see Dabney Coleman getting a cup of coffee or Ron Burgundy at the burrito machine. It's just got that cozy 1970s feel to it. So, if you're looking to do slick design in an agency with hollywood clients this is no the place. Personally, I'm burned out out on that flashy ad agency scene and I actually miss Parker. The only other thing I would say is that the graphics professionals are expected to record every moment of their day into billable hours, which is the polar opposite of the capabilities a creative mind possesses and a little hard for most graphics professional to master.

Advice to Management

The Parker culture is pretty absolute. I believe the organization, as a whole, could benefit from a certain amount of flexibility. I mean only in certain subtle aspects within the departments, not on any grand macro level. Parker has it down cold at the macro level. They deliver on their promises to their clients by adhering to tried and true performance metrics. That is what any company should do responsibly. However, there is room for some flexibility relative to the improved satisfaction and efficiency of those whose jobs are "non-linear."

"Senior Buyer"

Current Employee - Senior Buyer in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Buyer in Kalamazoo, MI

Pros

information sharing, employee empowerment, employee engagement, proactive environment, employee recognition, "we" approach vs. "I" approach, good benefits, leadership vs. management style, innovative, open minded environment, promotes from within, team goals, opportunity for advancement, "work hard, play hard", values training and development.

Cons

pay is not the best. work lots of hours.

Advice to Management

None, I loved my experience

"First Class Company, Too trendy for its own good."

Former Employee - Machine Shop Worker in Carson City, NV
    Former Employee - Machine Shop Worker in Carson City, NV

Pros

PH was the highest wage in a right-to-slave state, paid us union scale like the other plant in our division, always on the up-an-up, no shady dealings. Benefits started off well (2000) then hired firm to manage their self-insurance program.

Very professional place to work, good people in plant, continual recognition of employees, even for good attendance.

Much attention to safety, training, doing the job right the first time. World Class Company and first rate outfit.

Cons

We had five plant managers in five years I worked there, all were fine, but it was a revolving door with each one trying to re-invent the wheel and no one in middle management with the guts to tell them we already tried that idea. Constantly moving machinery aroung and losing production.

Much lost production time with PC training. Each of us in the plant had to waste our time watching video on "sexual harrassment" narrated by a gal with an accent so thick it was impossible to understand more than every third word.

Constantly coming up with a new gimmick, 5 S program, Kazan, Shazam, whatever, instead of focusing on real world problems and practical solutions. Lots of time lost listening to carpet baggers from Cleveland give their speil with all the latest catchwords and buzz phrases which mean jack.

Advice to Management

When they lied to us about keeping our plant open, when they were building a new plant to do the same thing in Red China, we ALL knew it. That's when I left, as did the best of the rest.

Too much deadwood in upper management focused on "fad of the day" and not real management.
    No excuse for not having stable plant management and trying to run the plant from Cleveland.

5. "Just great!"

Former Employee - R&D Engineer in Mentor, OH
    Former Employee - R&D Engineer in Mentor, OH

Pros

Everything: people, management, always food left over after daily meeting

Cons

open space cubical and cubical ogannization

"It was rewarding."

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Irvine, CA

Pros

Good management and great feedback.

Cons

Long hours and tedious duties.

Advice to Management

Hold more all hands meetings.

"Very educational."

Current Employee - Intern in Morton, IL
    Current Employee - Intern in Morton, IL

Pros

Good experiance over all. Got to work with lots of different groups and engineers.

Cons

Hard to advance. Limited space for new hires. They just need interns for help.

Advice to Management

Let workers try the ideas they have given, not just allow them to speak their ideas.

"goood"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Louisville, KY

Pros

good nice leadeship ,we work as a team.

Cons

too many hours ,there is no much room for cars parking.

Advice to Management

they should give us more training

"Great experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at Parker Hannifin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Parker Hannifin may be "old school" in the way it runs business, but this is what I like the most about them. They treat their employees well and consistently provide many learning opportunities to both grow as a person and as a business leader.

Cons

Mixed priorities may be frustrating at times.

10. "Really good"

Pros

Parker had a really good internship program. I learned a lot of six sigma techniques that many other inters would never learn at other companies. Very organized and very knowledgeable.

Cons

I really do not have any negative things to say about Parker's internship program.

11. "Great company to work for..."

Current Employee - Engineer in Metamora, OH
    Current Employee - Engineer in Metamora, OH

I have been working at Parker Hannifin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are great! Salary is above average. Lots of great people to work with. Good upper and middle management. Nearby Sylvania is nice place to live. Vacation is easy to schedule. Sick time is on the honor system. Safety is really good here.

Cons

Metamora is out in the cornfields and closest big city is Toledo. Sylvania is really nice but taxes are high.

Advice to Management

Some enthusiasm from management would be nice.