Parker New York Reviews | Glassdoor

Parker New York Reviews

Updated Oct 10, 2019

2.6
Parker New York CEO Steven Pipes (no image)
Steven Pipes
  1. "Management trainee"

Rental Management Trainee in New York, NY

I worked at Parker New York for more than a year

Pros

Perfect company for training and work! Great team

Cons

Miss them a lot. I wish them growth, strength , successes. If they would have good management offers for them I would come back and work with them again.

Parker New York2019-04-15
  2. "Sales"

I worked at Parker New York full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Longstanding and very supportive team. Amazing product and location. Management is well organized, open door policy, no red tape. Upper management is easily accessible and responsive. There is a strategic focus on making the sales process smooth and efficient. Colleagues are friendly and the environment is productive. Victoria Barr (DOSM) runs an efficient and successful operation and I learned a lot from her. Mrs.... Kerr (Director of HR) is helpful and generous with insight and guidance. Steven Pipes (VP) is personable and easy to talk to and values employees. Starwood connection - incredible hotel perks.

Cons

There are really no cons to report. Hospitality industry is full of daily challenges as is any industry. Any cons to list would not be on the hotel side.

Parker New York2016-10-31

"A great place to work, Full of hard working union employees."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Parker New York full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great location, great management that really wants you to succeed. Doesn't seem to fire quickly you really have to screw up big.

Cons

The union is very strong. Everytime you need something done it is an arguement, and although you have stewards and housekeeping staff making insane amounts of money they will tell you they are underpaid

Advice to Management

Work hard and it will be noticed

Parker New York2014-01-16
  4. "A great place for hard-workers"

I have been working at Parker New York full-time

Pros

Le Parker Meridien is committed to employees that are committed to delivering the best everyday! From entry level to management positions, hard work is recognized and key to the continued success of the hotel. Most people here have worked here for at least 5 years. Many have been here for over 20 years. It is the type of place you come to grow with the company.

Cons

Because it is a large property, it can be hard to learn all of the different facets and meet people from different departments. If you are looking to grow through different departments, you have to go above and beyond to demonstrate your interest and meet people for inter-departmental learning.

Advice to Management

Ensure clear communication as much as possible. Especially highlighting guest experiences, employee/department achievements and challenges that impact everyone.

Parker New York2015-12-10
  5. "Not just a job- a place to grow and have a career."

Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Parker New York

Pros

This a company where there really is room to grow, both in your own department and by transferring to another. People move from Front Office to Sales, from F&B to Catering, and everywhere in between. If you work hard you will be recognized and given the opportunity. Certain departments, like Sales, have the best training plans- it's very structured and you're taken through the process step by step. Since LPM is... part of Starwood we get the Star Hot discount at properties world wide... it's great! Definitely something to take advantage of when traveling or to share with family/friends. Hospitality is such a unique industry so it's nice to work with people that are truly passionate about what they do. It's a group of people that work really hard to complete the job and please our guests.

Cons

No vacation for the first year (though you do get sick time and a birthday personal day). There is a 401K but no matching. Also, a renovation is in order to keep up with industry trends and consumer demands... hopefully soon!

Advice to Management

Listen to employee suggestions and keep an open mind. Sometimes they have great ideas that may take time/effort to implement but would boost morale & sense of community.

Parker New York2015-06-29
  6. "The staff STAYS... and that's the truest indicator of quality employement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Parker New York full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The hotel promotes frequently from within. If you have the desire to grow within the company, they will help you do it. The majority of the staff has worked here for 15+ years... many over 30 years! People would not stay if there wasn't something great holding us here.

Cons

The hotel operates with a different structure than most businesses. Some people find this difficult. For me it removes the arbitrary "red tape" that slows down the actual work we are trying to accomplish.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your staff's needs. Additional hotel wide team building would be great. A renovation is in order. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Parker New York2015-06-10
  7. "watch engineering"

Current Employee - Watch Engineering in New York, NY

I have been working at Parker New York full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good job .close for train

Cons

work 35 hours week . salary slow

Advice to Management

watch engineering

Parker New York2013-09-26
  8. "HR"

Former Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY

I worked at Parker New York full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location, good entry level experience.

Cons

Union just gets in the way of everything

Advice to Management

Don't input an intimidating environment to people on your team.

Parker New York2018-09-18
  9. "Good wage"

Front Desk in New York, NY

I worked at Parker New York

Pros

Getting paid really well compare to most hotels.

Cons

Management. Very revenue oriented hotel, care less about service.

Parker New York2017-04-14
  10. "Review on LPM"

I have been working at Parker New York

Pros

Perks, free food, competitive salary

Cons

Poor Management. Takes forever to hire someone.

Advice to Management

listen to your employees and hire people on time so others who are left behind don't suffer

Parker New York2016-06-09