Parker & Lynch Reviews | Glassdoor

David Alexander

1. "Excellent!"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Parker & Lynch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are friendly, personal, great training and team building. Good clients to work with and many opportunities to earn. Staff is collaborative.

Cons

No apparent cons. There does seem to be a lot of management. There could also be more collaboration between offices.

Advice to Management

None

"Executive recruiter"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Edison, NJ

I worked at Parker & Lynch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Originally when I joined in 2014 I loved it and as recruiters we had so much freedom and flexibility and as long as you billed no one cared what you did which is how it should be since you are on all commission here..over the past year the company went wayyyy downhill everyone is so miserable. Soo many metrics, micromanagement, zero flexibility, decreased vacation time, everyone constantly thinks they are being fired, everyone drinks excessively most days of the week just to cope, everyone's family lives are suffering from the stress..pretty much everyone is leaving or trying to leave. And my favorite thing is they brainwash people here and tell you it's the best job ever lol get real.

Cons

The draw sucks, can take forever to get paid, very hard to get new clients as a lot of recruiters are very tenured ..one month you make 25k the next 2k ..very hard to budget like that .. Oh also micromanagement, metrics metrics metrics, quantity not quality .. As soon as you aren't billing they threaten you even if you historically are a top biller and they try brainwashing you telling you it's so great and you can't make as much money elsewhere which is a total blatant lie. Everyone is soooo miserable and hates it and constantly complains

Advice to Management

You are 100% going to lose a lot of good people. You are only lucky because the super tenured people unfortunately can't leave and get another job otherwise they would

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Parker & Lynch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work with good people who have also been tricked into a dead end job.

Cons

No career direction, no development into management, Very little flexibility. Low pay. It takes a very long time to begin making commission. Overall this is a very bad company and bad industry to work in.

Advice to Management

Try to develop your staff. Do not hire someone just to fulfill a quota.

"Terrible training support"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Parker & Lynch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Promises, promise and more promises ... thats the extent of the pros. When your offered the job you will think you will have the support not only of your direct manager but those who sell you the great opportunities. NOT SO!

Cons

The Northeast Regional Executives are not committed to training and spend too much time traveling for socializing, spending the company's money and really need to focus their travel time helping to supporting the branch managers.

Advice to Management

Look closely at the Executives and choose people that care about each branch equally providing the necessary training they get paid to do. Replace those.that are not doing their jobs and jeopardize other employee's chance to succeed.

"I've never gotten a call or email for HRIS positions over 3 months"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Parker & Lynch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I'm not sure what a PRO is since I've never gotten a response from Parker & Lynch even though my whole career is HRIS

Cons

I can't see how they can fill open positions if they never respond.

Advice to Management

Reply to inquiries that you receive before posting the same jobs again.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Management bought lunch from time to time, but we were forced to work while eating at our desks.

Cons

Recruiting processes were inefficient. Had to cold call at least 75 candidates per day regardless of success rate.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible in recruiting methods.

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Orlando, FL

Pros

Great position for someone who can not only do the easy part in recruiting, but also develop new business. People fail at it because they don't know how to do the sales side which is develop new clients. All the reviews of people on here that say they did this at P+L for right at a year or less than a year and give a poor review are just bitter they were too lazy or not a good enough salesman to put in the leg work to develop a proper network in their market. Basically they are not a good businessperson and just in denial so they blame it on the company. The fact is P+L is owned by the largest staffing company in the world "Adecco Group.'' They are a Global Fortune 500 Company and grossed 28 billion in revenue last year. Point being we are given every advantage and resource to succeed.

Cons

The new business development is not easy and takes very very very hard work in your first year. Clients and job orders are not just given to you. Either work hard and listen to the training or go back to whence you came.

These negative reviews are misleading and written by people that failed because they were lazy or not business savvy enough to make it.

Advice to Management

My director is one of my favorite bosses in the world. Never treaded on me, has always helped in any way, and been upfront honest and respectful about everything.

"Solid company with strong leadership"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I worked at Parker & Lynch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Managers, Directors and VPs invest in each recruiter's success. Excellent training. Unlimited income. Not micromanaged. High level of professionalism.

Cons

More senior recruiters should be incentivized to invest in the success of new recruiters. Internal competition is sometimes unhealthy. One bad apple can make the culture unpleasant.

Advice to Management

Keep grabbing market share!

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Parker & Lynch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company spends a ton of money on managers who don't produce. They fly their managers around the country and send them off to places and events while the true revenue producers (recruiters and business development) receive very few perks and terrible benefits.

Cons

If you are looking for a career in recruitment do not work here. There are so many better firms to work for in Chicago. This firm in particular and this office has a very bad commission structure. They take more money out of employees' pockets than the other firms do in terms of commission split. It is a very micromanaged environment and the people who do training are so far removed from the actual job they have no idea what they are talking about.

Advice to Management

Change commission structures to retain employees.

"Horrible company to work with to find a job."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Parker & Lynch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no pros ... The people are horrible, two faced and only talk to you if they need something and then its like you don't exist.

Cons

Two faced unprofessional liars that's the culture here ... STAY AWAY !!!