Found 938 of over 987 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Healthcare
Hi guys I am on the fence on taking a job as a brand new Ma I’m licensed now. It’s a small practice very nice people. Its administrative and clinical. I don’t have much experience in administrative and that’s where my hang up lies. I know I need to be trained but I’m worried that I won’t get enough training with them. Is that just plain crazy on my end?
Got a burning question about Parkland Health & Hospital System? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Parkland Health & Hospital System employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and learning on the job" (in 90 reviews)
- "Coworkers are great!" (in 29 reviews)
- "Some great people on staff and can tell more open to diversity than other places I have worked." (in 28 reviews)
- "The staff is great and sweet" (in 17 reviews)
- "Great learning opportunities and pay." (in 10 reviews)
- "pay is low for some positions" (in 66 reviews)
- "Over worked under paid poor management" (in 55 reviews)
- "Senior Leadership needs a re haul and learn not to keep up the good ole boy attitude" (in 21 reviews)
- "Politics; no training; microaggression is the norm." (in 13 reviews)
- "manager (she was notorious for being a bad manager)." (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Parkland Health & Hospital System and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 3.0Aug 23, 2023Nurse ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearDallas, TX
Autonomy in practice with some flexibility to work from home while building my department and team.
The director of nursing in the department is not transparent and does not reply to communication with middle management. The program requires office space and that is not available and will not be available for 9 months at the minimum and I have been in my role for 3 months now. Policy and procedures for the current team are not in place so it is hard to build practice without the background. I am supposed to hire nurses for my team and an administrative assistant but I do not have space for them to sit. The training period is 9 months so the staff needs offices and desks and they won't be ready for 9 months from now.
Parkland Health & Hospital System Reviews FAQs
Parkland Health & Hospital System has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 987 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Parkland Health & Hospital System to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
73% of Parkland Health & Hospital System employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Parkland Health & Hospital System 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.