Parmele Law Firm Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
Daniel A. Parmele

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Wonderful firm"

I have been working at Parmele Law Firm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great, caring owner who is loyal and cares about his clients and employees. Wonderful managers who are compassionate, supportive, and hard-working individuals. Employees who work hard every day to win cases for the firm's clients and who care for one another. This is more of a family than a work place. Get to help others on a regular basis.

Cons

It is often difficult to win cases for hurting individuals or it can take a long time to get a decision.

Advice to Management

Continue to support one another and your employees. Keep believing in yourselves. You are a great bunch of people who truly care about the firm, its clients, and employees.

"Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Paralegal in Springfield, MO

I worked at Parmele Law Firm (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the attorneys are nice to work for

Cons

They sorely under pay their employees and give them over-the-top work loads. They run their clients in such volume that the attorneys cannot dedicate the time to each case that is needed for valid representation. The owner will sock lots of money into retreats and prizes but will not pay an honest way nor offer affordable healthcare. They have an extremely high turnover rate due to low wages and a manager that is the definition of tyrant.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your management problem and pay a fair and decent wage.

3. "Very rewarding place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Pros

Great coworkers; consistency; manager who genuinely cares about me. I feel like I am part of something bigger and that I am helping people and offering hope. Willing to train individuals

Cons

Work load can be heavy, but this is a great place for anyone who thrives in a fast paced, busy position. Can become overwhelming dealing with clients who feel frustrated and hopeless at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to find ways to show employees that they are valued. Provide ways to boost morale during times when employees feel overwhelmed or burned out.

4. "Wish I could say better things"

I worked at Parmele Law Firm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are willing to hire anyone without any prior experience in law or even a college degree. Good co-workers.

Cons

If you like sink or swim, this is the job for you. Very high stress and no matter how much you try you will feel like it's never enough. Pay is okay especially since they are willing to hire without experience but the benefits were so awful they took half my pay to insure my kids and me.

Advice to Management

Better training would be optimal for helping an employee feel comfortable and define expectations early on.

5. "Hiring Miscues A Problem For Employee & Employer"

Pros

As an employer, they are open to hiring, literally, off the street. For persons interested in working in a legal environment, Parmele Law Firm offers employment to entry-level candidates.

Cons

The employment open-mindedness has its major pitfalls unfortunately. Most significantly is that new employees are thrown into a sink-or-swim environment. Though the job posting does not require any previous experience, many new-hire employees are immediately handicapped unless they have some previous experience. Management simply does not have a fully developed plan for equipping new-hires to be productive. The result is the employer pays for many non-productive employees who are eventually forced to leave. The disheartening result is the employee is left empty-handed, not for lack of desire to be successful, but for lack of commitment by management to train for, and then nurture, success.

Advice to Management

Employees, with good reason, expect their new employer to provide them with all the instruction and tools to be productive. The employer simply must be prepared in advance for new-hires by utilizing a fully developed job-training and orientation plan that adequately equips the new employee to be an asset for the company and gives the employee a chance to earn the living he or she was seeking when they first walked through the door for an interview.

6. "Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant

I worked at Parmele Law Firm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flex, no weekends, helpful employees that are easy to get along with.

Cons

Management is horrible and they pick on specific people.

Advice to Management

People deserve to be treated with respect and if fired employee should have a valid reason for termination.

7. "Do not work here..."

I worked at Parmele Law Firm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can get your foot in the door as a "paralegal" with no experience.

Cons

Micromanaged, rude managers who constantly change the rules, no sympathy for people with kids. It's all about the numbers, not actually helping clients. High stress with little pay.

Advice to Management

Live by your company motto when it comes to your employees.

8. "Paralegal"

Former Employee - Paralegal
    Former Employee - Paralegal

I worked at Parmele Law Firm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gave me experience to move on to bigger and much better things.

Cons

Saying management is poor would be putting it nicely. They are immature and gossipy. The pay is the worst...someone could go to fast food and make more. The benefits are horrendous. It took away almost half my near nonexistent paycheck. Parmele should be ashamed.
    They can't keep staff due to these conditions. They don't give the clients the attention they deserve either. And the workers that care don't stay. All about quantity over quality.

Advice to Management

Respect people. Care about your employees. Pay them what they deserve and give better benefits!

9. "Overall, this has been the best place I have worked and I have truly enjoyed every minute."

Former Employee - Client Services in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Client Services in Springfield, MO

I worked at Parmele Law Firm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am truly leaving here with mixed feelings; happy about getting to stay at home with my kids, but sad to be leaving such a great company where I have so many wonderful friends and colleagues. The last year I learned a great deal and worked with many people with whom I am sure I will remain friends for a long time. I hope that once my kids are in school I can come back to work here.

Cons

I am leaving to stay home with my little children.

"Good place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Parmele Law Firm full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work to really make a difference in helping people. You can be hands on to interact with people really suffering. Good work is noticed and compensated.

Cons

I suppose the amount of work can be daunting, but you're helped when it gets too heavy. You also need to be able to think fast, be flexible, mature, and act with professionalism with co-workers and clients. Sadly, those traits are getting harder to find in today's employment pool.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Look to continue to find ways to engage the staff in the effort to continually improve.