Parrish Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "CST"

Former Employee - Cst in Titusville, FL
    Former Employee - Cst in Titusville, FL

I worked at Parrish Medical Center (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great staff,clean facility.good hour,good Dr.

Cons

There is no down side,great place to work

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing

2. "PMC"

Current Employee - Emergency Preparedness Manager in Titusville, FL
    Current Employee - Emergency Preparedness Manager in Titusville, FL

I have been working at Parrish Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Modern facility, close to Orlando & Melbourne

Cons

Poorly managed the last few years

Advice to Management

get a different hospital board that's not NASA top heavy.

3. "Broken Promises/ Major Clicks"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Port Saint John, FL
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Port Saint John, FL

Pros

Sweet HR when hired, but beware all front!

Cons

Major clicks and if your not in it, your bullied until you quit and or fired! Promised promotions and raises, NEVER received! People less qualified, however friends with mgmt are promoted. Open door policy regarding issues is a joke! Whatever problem you have, is NEVER kept confidential! Trust all staff will know you complained about a ligament problem, and who it was about! They never have your back, even if like myself have great reviews can be disregarded like trash! I worked there for 5yrs, NO write ups 4.5 out of 5 on my reviews and was bullied by staff until I had no choice but to leave! Worked 40plus hours praised, always came to for help by other staff including managers, and left with NOTHING but broken promises! STAY AWAY!!! Health First is the place!!!!

Advice to Management

Nothing will help PMC/PMG managers! Just HORRIBLE!

5. "Too many internal politics and game playing"

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Titusville, FL
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Titusville, FL

Pros

Good benefits, nice building, many of the people there were nice.

Cons

Many of the management were stuck only willing to promote those that they liked personally. Skills and qualifications meant nothing.

6. "Patient Account Representative"

Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Titusville, FL
    Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Titusville, FL

I worked at Parrish Medical Center (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best was the last Manger we had.

Cons

New Management came in and took over every one.

Advice to Management

Upper Management needs to know what is his role in the new Management.

7. "Outstanding Organization run by quality and performance oriented leaders"

Current Employee - Board Member in Titusville, FL
    Current Employee - Board Member in Titusville, FL

I have been working at Parrish Medical Center part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Talented and caring staff. Competitive compensation. Rewarding experience.

Cons

Performance measurements may be challenging. Changes in the Healthcare Industry are difficult to predict.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and your eyes on the horizon.

"Parrish needs more supervisory oversite."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Titusville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Titusville, FL

I worked at Parrish Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Parrish is one of the largest employers in Brevard County, however, there is a lack of people skills present in some of the supervisors. They pay well and have excellent benefits.

Cons

Human Resources lets Department Supervisors handle the disciplinary duties, what that means is that there is no eversite for the Supervisor and no recourse for the terminated employee.

Advice to Management

Learn your employees names and supervise your Supervisors when terminating employees. Some Department Supervisors are not people-friendly.

"Family-like among coworkers until new hospital built; then backstabbing and major butt-licking."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Titusville, FL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Titusville, FL

Pros

Wonderful benefits and the patients for the most part were receptive to education and info from the RNs.

Cons

Senior management would not listen to workers about problems with managers, or the middle management did not pass along problems between workers and immediate managers. Middle-management did not want upper mangement to know of any problems so it made them look good. Quite a few excellent nurses left or were forced out. These were nurses with years of experience. You could build up a large amount of PLB (paid leave bank); but when you wanted to use it, you were told "we will be short handed if you take days off". Upper management always sided with doctors whenever there was an issue with the nurse and doctor--no matter who was actually right.

Advice to Management

Each member of management should work the floors on each shift once a month and not be given the easiest job or team and do not identify yourself as a member of management level. You need to see ALL the problems associated with each shift and see for yourself that your daytime job in the high up secluded office does NOT offer very good solutions to the problems. Listen to the workers--they come up with some very good solutions that really work.

"Stay away from Parrish"

Current Employee - Rehab in Titusville, FL
    Current Employee - Rehab in Titusville, FL

Pros

Since they are the only hospital in titusville---I guess I would say to make money

Cons

I worked in Home health as a traveling PT. I found the nurses to be old school and are not very rehab orientatated as well.
    The director is very fake person, though appears friendly on the outside. The office staff are very nosey and are huge busy bodies. Once, when my drivers license was expiring I recieved a call from 1 of the busy bodies asking me if I had renewed it. They must have gone through my file and wrote the expiration day down on their calender months in advance.
    The management in home health, like to talk down to the employees and keep them under their thumb. They always asume the worst in you and are constantly checking up on you. The managment doesnt work in the field, except when they decide they need to come out and harass you for some ridiculous company policies. Most of the talented nice nurses end up leaving them because they can't stomach them for too long. They have you performing so many ridiculous company rules that you either get burned out or give lousy care. Since I don't give lousy care, out the windows go the policies. Then, they make you feel like a dirt bag while they stuff their faces with cake/goodies in the office. I respect religious people but not when they force you to get in on their act. At Parrish (including the hospital) they make you read these stupid godly healing stories. They also make you repeat the really lame parrish sayings outloud. They seem to think they are the only ones who can give good health care.

Advice to Management

They wont losten so it doesnt matter

"I was given a great opportunity to expand my knowledge and learn a new skill that can only be learned on the job!"

I worked at Parrish Medical Center (More than 5 years)

Pros

My coworkers were the best.

Cons

They stopped giving merrit increases and people stopped going above and beyond. You can only say, "Be thankful for having a job so long."

Advice to Management

Before making the decisions to hire outside companies to manage "certain areas" within the hospital it would be wise for administrators to spend time in that area. It is certainly possible that your employees could have handled the "job at hand" without putting the department in the red by hiring a manager with a very large salary (that was totally unqualified for the job, with a salary that was unaccounted for). The hospital paid a large amount of money to hire this company when the employees that were already there were perfectly capable of doing the job. Why not give them raises and more responsibility? It felt as if someone at the top did not want to take the time to see what was needed in the department to produce better outcomes. When in fact they could have saved a lot of money by using the resources that were available. At some point, our opinions stopped mattering which is what intrigued me about this organization to begin with. Why even distribute the Gallop survey if you are not gonna use the feedback that employees give you?