Parsons Brinckerhoff Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Parsons Brinckerhoff CEO and Director George J. Pierson
George J. Pierson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work life balance but that also depends on your manager (in 33 reviews)

• Great people, supportive management - the environment was uplifting and supports people who get the job done (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Very poor work life balance resulting from gross mismanagement (in 12 reviews)

• Senior management across the board is just awful (in 16 reviews)

1. "Great communication, leadership, enjoy the people."

Former Employee - Director in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Director in Arlington, VA

Pros

Leadership make a difference. Several times a year senior management is on hand and available. They speak with the staff and cover the areas that are needed at the time. Gosspi and politics are kept to a minimum. Great communication by on site management. Work life and family life are very well balanced.

Cons

HR suport is occassionally weak. Health benefits/claims should have some intervention by the company.

Advice to Management

none. keep up the great work.

2. "A great company to work for, it just depends on the field office"

Former Employee - Project Controls Administrator in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Project Controls Administrator in Columbia, SC

Pros

The office environment was very friendly when I was there from 2000-2004. I started as a temp who knew nothing about construction and engineering but I learned a lot from my colleagues. I was laid off but it was done in such a professional manner that I wasn't upset because it was explained to me at the begiining of my employment how these projects work. I still have a relationship with the office. Several executives actually helped me get accepted to graduate school with their recommendations even though I was going into a totally different field.

Cons

The only downside was that the location of this office being in Columbia, SC was mainly limited to engineering and construction occupations. Any other departments really required a move to corporate headquarters. When a project ends you have to find another position which requires moving. I was unable to find another comparable position within in company so I had to look elsewhere. They paid a very good salary which few companies in the surrounding area could match.

Advice to Management

None

3. "So Far So Good"

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

Pros

Multicultural atmosphere at my office. Great flexibility w/work schedule as long as you are a performer. Big company with lots of opportunities and , training and potential career paths. Their monetary offer was best by far (I had several) and they were very flexible with my work situation.

Cons

High energy high stress environment not for everyone.

Advice to Management

More formal mentoring for new employees.

4. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Intern Architect in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Intern Architect in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

PB has a great history and is very secure in the industry. The client list is extensive and there is always plenty of work available to keep busy.

Cons

PB is a very large firm which sometimes makes it difficult to get one on one help if needed. Everyone is always busy with their own work, and for a new employee (especially right out of school) it is sometimes difficult to get used to the environment.

Advice to Management

PB's leaders are always open to communication with its employees. We receive monthly newsletters about PB happenings directly from our upper management. I would say there isn't much else they need to do. Anymore communication from them would just be excessive.

5. "Great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Pros

The training was very extensive and when you were put on the floor you were well prepared. Great company and well organized.

Cons

Better sections are based on seniority and who has worked with the company the longest, but they make sure it is done fairly.

Advice to Management

Overall management did a good job of making sure the restaurant ran well and was great to see the owners pop in and out.

6. "Great company and people for those who want to travel"

Former Employee - Scheduler I in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Scheduler I in Boston, MA

I worked at Parsons Brinckerhoff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fellow employees are excellent and the work is always exciting when you have it.

Cons

Lacked Boston work so relocation was the next step which I did not want to happen.

Advice to Management

Do more with salary increases. Women typically feel like they are making less than men with the same qualifications.

7. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - That Department IS Now Closed in New York, NY
    Former Employee - That Department IS Now Closed in New York, NY

I worked at Parsons Brinckerhoff full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good hours, benefits, location, really nice people, and interesting work. My dept. closed so I was on loan to several other departments until I found a home.

Cons

Left for a better salary, but would have gone back. I like it there that much!

Advice to Management

None. I left too long ago, 1990s.

8. "Best in the Business"

Former Employee - Business Development/Management in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Business Development/Management in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Parsons Brinckerhoff full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked with the best people in the business. Many of those that have left are now running the largest agencies or mega-firms -- there is more talent at PB than in any other firm.

Great management and career opportunities are endless. I steadily progressed to a very senior position because the company cared -- they invested heavily in my career.

Cons

None -- I would not hesitate to rejoin PB. Just a terrific work environment and culture.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

9. "CADD Manager"

Former Employee - CADD in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - CADD in Tampa, FL

I worked at Parsons Brinckerhoff full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for career growth

Cons

Project managers can be out of touch with current tech trends

Advice to Management

Project managers need to understand whole picture of project workflows and distribute budget accordingly

10. "amazing"

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Parsons Brinckerhoff full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

best job ever, never bored

Cons

clients can be hard to deal with but its worth it