Partners HealthCare Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 22, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • talk about work/life balance but it's simply not true at this organization (in 13 reviews)

• Lower than average pay and not much room for growth and career advancement within the company (in 9 reviews)

"Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

Pros

Benefits were fair
    Shuttle bus service was adequate but buses were antiquated

Cons

Manager detailed job description at interview, but when I started five more people were added to my support list. It was like a bait and switch tactic and when I challenged him on it I was given two weeks notice.

Advice to Management

Ineffective supervisor apparently more interested in female coworker than in doing his work. This was the most horrible experience in my 20+ years of working

"Great place to work with awesome mission and bens"

Current Employee - Applications Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Applications Coordinator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Partners HealthCare full-time

Pros

I've worked at Partners for over 8 years and it has been an amazing place to work. The benefits are great (they only cost me $1.56/week for medical, dental, and vision) and the work is great. I think people forget why you work at a place like Partners. Do you work there because it's a job? To help with patient care? Both? I work in Partners eCare and while it has been demanding, I don't lose site of the overall purpose of the work which is to improve patient care. Sure there are areas of improvement, but I think the job here is what we make of it.

Cons

The work can be demanding and hard on work/life balance but most managers listen when you need a break. HR set the stage of the program as did upper management so if you're not paying attention then it's your fault.

3. "Top in providing health care services; internally some silos exist"

Current Employee - Project Specialist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Project Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Partners HealthCare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Provides tremendous service to the public - teaching hospitals with great community outreach. Good benefits. Some areas can approach work/life balance; there is a corporate remote work program.

Cons

While programs like MS Office and the enterprise health record program is being approached as an enterprise offering, many other programs and projects are approached only at the department level, and thus don't take full advantage of enterprise implementation. This can cause some training issues and a lot of effort to get siloed systems to communicate.

Advice to Management

Some work to strategize and look ahead at emerging enterprise technologies might benefit the company.

"Application Developer"

Former Employee - Systems Designer in Chestnut Hill, MA
    Former Employee - Systems Designer in Chestnut Hill, MA

I worked at Partners HealthCare (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, vacation time, culture.

Cons

Old environment, lack of information.

"Ambulatory Application Coordinator - Partners eCare"

Former Employee - Applications Coordinator - EpicCare Ambulatory in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Applications Coordinator - EpicCare Ambulatory in Boston, MA

I worked at Partners HealthCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Partners eCare in General:

- Amazing group of people
    - Work to better the systems used in some of the very best hospitals and medical organizations in the world - you are making a difference
    - Health insurance and benefits are really, really good
    - Work-life balance is great
    - Some of the best co-workers I've ever had
    - Team lead was a great boss

Specific to the Ambulatory team:

The AM/PD of the Ambulatory eCare team is not perfect - no one is - BUT she works her butt off for the team and the project, and she would go to bat for each and every person on the team. At every go live she is there 14-16 hours a day, constantly answering phones and working on tickets. She has her faults, but so does everyone. Most leaders and mangers will not be liked by every single person who reports to them; it's the nature of the position. You're the boss - and some people get sour when they are told what to do by someone else. Every time I went to the AM/PD with an issue or problem, she took me seriously and helped guide me in the right direction. If something needed to be escalated to a higher level, she would do so.

Cons

Cons to Partners eCare:
    - Pay is lower than market rate
    - Sometimes you do not get the recognition you deserve
    - Raises could be improved

"Behavioral Health Support Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Andover, MA

I worked at Partners HealthCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working directly with primary care practices to help serve patients

Cons

Pilot program that had many bumps and was difficult to integrate.

"Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

You can get some necessary job experience working there.

Cons

They treat minorities as third class citizens. They are always overlook for job transfer and promotions. Transfers are mostly based on skin color and not qualification and experience.

Advice to Management

None.

Partners HealthCare Response

Nov 7, 2016

One of the key strategic initiatives for Partners Healthcare is diversity and inclusion. Our company has built a long-term diversity & inclusion strategy which aims to create an environment where... More

"EPIC. It all depends where you land & who you work for."

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Partners HealthCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great. Working directly with MDs and Administrators on a hospital campus is rewarding and educational. That isn't the case in Charlestown or DTX.

Cons

As a Project Manager, 99.9% of the 60+hour workload was administrative/clerical (not managing/directing/guiding anything). Working directly for the consultants (as a Partners employee) was not well thought. Training and knowledge transfer were glossed over - at best. Consultants were definitely a clique and kept Partners employees at a distance, not sharing information/resources as freely as they did with each other.

Turn over and burn out are the norm. Consultants cycle through the project with regularity and Partners employees are doomed to just burn out trying to keep pace. No incentives to keep up the pace either as the pay is substandard and there is no place to jump to within Partners when the project ends.

Other Project Managers felt the same. No (zero) work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Less viewing from 30,000 feet. Get more involved with your employees. Seagull Management from consultants. The consultants definitely rule the roost and push the work to employees.

"Senior Project Specialist"

Former Employee - Senior Project Specialist in Charlestown, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Specialist in Charlestown, MA

I worked at Partners HealthCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good to say about the company. It was not a good work environment. The benefits were not good.

Cons

Some of the people in management positions are only there because they have outlasted everyone else. There are micro managing managers that allow employees to be terrorized by other employees. Some managers are not fair in the way they treat employees. No work life balance. The commute was horrible.

Advice to Management

Clean house and make way for employees who actually know what they are doing and care about the company.

"Great benefits, in a time of transition"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Partners HealthCare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits package is outstanding!

Cons

Partners is in a time of transition, particularly in the IS and Partners eCare departments due to the Epic implementation.