Partners for Success and Innovation Reviews | Glassdoor

Colleen Lorber

"Healthcare Recruiter"

Current Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Twinsburg, OH
    Current Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Twinsburg, OH

I have been working at Partners for Success and Innovation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I am treated with respect and I feel valued and appreciated as an employee. I like feeling that I am part of a team. My supervisors have an open door policy and listen to concerns or suggestions that I have.

Cons

I wish I would have received a little more training in certain areas. It was hard in the beginning to get acclimated. Everybody was very friendly but not very helpful.

Advice to Management

Develop a better system for new employees to be trained. Written job descriptions and expectations may be helpful.

2. "Medical Assistant"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Partners for Success and Innovation (Less than a year)

Pros

None this is a terrible place to work for

Cons

The pay is terrible, unorganized company. They put checks in the hole, and they charge $250.00 if you resign

Advice to Management

Change your policies or you will continue to go through staff

3. "School Psychologist"

Current Employee - School Psychologist
    Current Employee - School Psychologist

Pros

PSI provides great support and they are very responsive.

Cons

Since PSI contracts with schools, they do not have control over some of the decisions made in the schools. PSI does a good job trying to advocate though.

5. "Family Focused Company"

Pros

Wonderful staff. Very family friendly environment with flexible schedules. Leadership really embraces open door policy and idea generation. Really is one big family!

Cons

Limited growth opportunities unless you want to get into supervising staff.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant/School Nurse in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant/School Nurse in Akron, OH

I worked at Partners for Success and Innovation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone there was friendly, professional, and very helpful. I enjoyed working for the company and would work their again and future. Training was provided and continued support was always available.

Cons

Advancement was really not an option, I would have liked to have opportunities to move up within the company. I worked part-time and there were no real benefits provided and full-time was unavailable.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. You treat your employees kindly and with respect. A better benefits package and advancement opportunities would be a plus.

7. "School nurse"

I have been working at Partners for Success and Innovation part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great hours ~ low pay

Cons

Low pay .. Can't guarantee hours

Advice to Management

Higher pay

8. "medical asaistant"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Berea, OH
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Berea, OH

I worked at Partners for Success and Innovation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hours,summers off, co workers,the children and school staff,the bonus for completing your assignment.

Cons

The pay, not knowing if you have a job next school year, I got let go after 2 1\4 years with NO explanation.

Advice to Management

Tell your employees what they are doing wrong so they are not surprised when they are let go with no explanation.

9. "RN, school nurse, sub"

Current Employee - RN, School Nurse in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - RN, School Nurse in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Partners for Success and Innovation part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best part is time off with my children according to their elementary school schedule. As a sub, I tell the days I am available for the week.

Cons

There is not a lot potential for upward growth within the company. Healthcare leaders are very helpful at answering questions if problems arise. Someone always answers the phone.

10. "To low pay."

Current Employee - Industrial Hygienist in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Industrial Hygienist in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Partners for Success and Innovation part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no good things to say.

Cons

To low of pay considering my work experience.

Advice to Management

Get more jobs to employ me fulltime.

11. "The job is interesting, always-changing and fun. It can be very challenging -- as there is always something new."

Current Employee - School Health Aide in Twinsburg, OH
    Current Employee - School Health Aide in Twinsburg, OH

I have been working at Partners for Success and Innovation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As you follow a school calendar/schedule, the hours cannot be beaten for "stay-at-home" parents of school-age children. You do not need to worry about daycare as you will typically be home when your children are.

The work is exceptionally challenging in that you are frequently faced with medical conditions that you've never seen or heard of before. The work takes intuition, knowledge, research and training.

The job is definitely not boring! Your day will go fast. The kids are so entertaining and interesting. You learn a lot from the kids and you get a lot back from them. So that part is very rewarding.

Cons

Far and away it is the pay. You will start at $8.50/hour for work that can be exceptionally demanding. And the pay rate may not be raised for several years. If you are placed in a high-volume clinic, you are constantly engaged in patient care and documentation. It can be nearly impossible to run a clinic and accomplish the endless paperwork that is also involved. Not to mention the vision screenings, hearing screenings and BMI screenings.

The pay is definitely not reflective of the work that we do. We are constantly juggling full clinics with an endless stream of students pouring in - some who truly need care - and some who don't. All, however, will need the same level of assessment (& documentation). You definitely need to be an intuitive and flexible person who is VERY GOOD at multitasking. It can be very difficult to complete a single task without many interruptions. This is the rule, rather than the exception. Further, you do not receive any more pay for handling a high-volume clinic than an aide working in a slower clinic receives. Nor do you receive support or assistance from PSI to help with screenings.

The pay is not reflective of the level of responsibility that we assume. We are responsible for handling all medical emergencies in our buildings. This can include severe head/neck traumas, choking, severe asthma attacks, anaphylactic reactions as well as heart attacks and strokes of staff members and visitors. And it is not unusual to be faced with emergency situations approximately 5-6 times per school year. It doesn't feel right to be charged with such responsibility while being paid little more than minimum wage.

The pay is not reflective of the "abuse" that we face from parents. We are constantly second-guessed - whether by parents or by teachers. You need to have thick skin as there will almost always be someone who disagrees with the decision that you have made. Many parents are very stressed and are facing a myriad of challenges of their own. Unfortunately, they very often take their stress out on you. Very often, you are in a position of feeling darned if you do - and darned if you don't.

Fortunately, the hours and the nature of the work (changing, challenging, interesting and fun) will compensate for these drawbacks. PSI will offer a few nominal tokens of appreciation during the school year, which is appreciated by their staff.

However, you should be made aware: The culture at PSI is non-supportive, punitive and belittling in nature. Taking a day off for illness is an extremely stressful, guilt-inducing process. If you are full-time, you will get 5 sick days. As you use them up - and approach 5 days -- or should you surpass the 5 days -- you will receive threatening letters... regardless of the cause of your absence - surgery, etc., notwithstanding. It is belittling.

Furthermore, management is too removed from daily life in a clinic. They truly believe that any yahoo off the street can do the work. Consequently, they treat you as though they can replace you in a heartbeat. They do not recognize their health aides who toil on the "front lines" with an enormous amount of responsibility and who perform with grace and professionalism. Those who have steadfastly and responsibly served with consistency and good judgment while receiving insulting pay. Those health aides are treated with the same condescension and lack of respect as the yahoo-off-the-street that they hire, who can't handle the job more than 3 days.

Fortunately, the work involves very little interaction with management and the office staff at PSI. If you are aware of these drawbacks when you begin your career at PSI, I believe that you will be very happy and satisfied with your work. The work does afford a wonderful work/life balance and the schools are staffed by friendly, caring people who will be appreciative of all that you have to offer. Those are the people you will be dealing with on a daily basis. So, overall, I would recommend PSI for people looking for a "Mom" job - or a stepping-stone job. It is DEFINITELY not a career-type job, nor is it designed to be.

Advice to Management

Recognize and appreciate your aides - they ARE your bottom line. They ARE your bread-and-butter. Recognize their work, knowledge and professionalism. And treat them likewise. Stop treating aides who have proven themselves to be a valuable part of the PSI "team" as though they are recently-released inmates in need of reforming. We are meant to be a team. Management is not our parents. We are not children. Treat us with the respect that we deserve.