Partners in Leadership Reviews | Glassdoor

Partners in Leadership CEO Brent Barton
Brent Barton
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Nimble, Committed, Collaborative"

Current Employee - Manager Level in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Manager Level in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Partners in Leadership full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Despite the amount of change PIL has undergone over the past 3 years, the commitment of leadership and frontline employees never seems to wain. Our mantra of "What More Can I Do?" is part of our DNA and is palpable. Makes even the most stressful times far more tolerable when everyone is so collaborative and solutions oriented!

Cons

Despite the nimbleness we all seem to be pretty good at, it would be great to have more consistency here and there. I do believe this is achievable!

Advice to Management

Continue to model our Cultural Beliefs and efforts to ensure employees feel valued and appreciated. Continue working on transparency in communications. Continue high level of collaboration and commitment!

2. "Lots of changes, but that's ok"

I have been working at Partners in Leadership full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, great benefits, great leadership, great culture.

Cons

Lot's of changes going on which can make people feel uncomfortable. Change is good though and I'm excited to see where we are headed.

3. "Undergoing change"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

I worked at Partners in Leadership full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits with medical and matching. A lot of change going on. Great with work/life balance.

Cons

Different for everybody depending where you are in the company.

Advice to Management

Treat the regular office staff as good as the field.

"Too much for so little"

I worked at Partners in Leadership full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of kind people who work for the organization.

Cons

No room for growth! You are expected to wear multiple hats beyond your job description yet still get paid the bare minimum. HR doesn't help and the senior team's main concern is the company's revenue over employee well-being.

"Love PIL"

I have been working at Partners in Leadership full-time

Pros

Strong growth company on the upswing with a great future. Strong leadership and a great vision of what the company can accomplish.

Cons

Lots of change with fast pace creating some natural tension at times. communicatuon is challenging with an employee base all over the country.

Advice to Management

Listen and act on what the team is saying. This has been a central theme at PIL and don't stop. Keep the foundation of what has made PIL great in place as the organization goes through the natural process of growth and change.

"Going From Good To Great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Pros

PIL is a fast paced company that seems to be making an attempt to go from being good to great. There seems to be a real vision for the future with plans to move into very exciting places and it is really starting to happen. That should mean more opportunity for me and my colleagues, and more opportunity for growth for others. It's a little scary, but it feels right. I love that the CEO is so enthusiastic and transparent about it. He and the rest of the management team are far more approachable than what I've seen in the past.

Cons

The growth comes at a cost. We are spread out around the home office which hurts interaction. Would love to see us in a better location where there is better communication among the entire team. Also some of the "old timers" can be stuck in their ways and complain about all the growth and changes. Most of them are good people, just need to come along.

Advice to Management

Keep over communicating and looking for ways to assure us that the vision is taking place. Like that employees seem to be a top priority, with things like better benefits. Don't let whining from older employees slow you down. Find a better office location.

"Good, but could be better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Partners in Leadership full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good CEO and staff that cares about clients. The focus is on a good employee experience, great client experience and making things right inside the firm, though understand this sometimes occurs at a sacrifice internally for workload.

Cons

double standard for performance expectation by field staff. field staff seem uncognizant of funding restrictions when on travel and don't seem to care about hotel cost or flight cost as long as they get their miles in the preferred provider. Guarantee they would probably not do that if they were on their own dime.

Advice to Management

Conduct offsite management meetings in local area unless using company credits to pay for travel and related hotel expenses. Seeing the Senior staff travel (if being paid for by company funds) to an offsite location and then limiting other expenses internally for hiring pay levels to save EBITDA is not a good way to show commitment to key results.

"Promoted after only a year"

Current Employee - Manager in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Partners in Leadership full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the services and products we provide to our clients! It's great to come to work believing in our cause. Been with the company almost 2 years, and because of all of the changes and growth, there are a lot of development and career advancement opportunities. Awesome people to work with, in every department. Great leadership in place, with diverse backgrounds.

Cons

With all of the growth and change, it requires flexibility in priorities. With the growing pains, there is a lag-time/learning curve, for people taking on new roles and responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Keep communications rich and authentic, and don't forget the simple values and practices that got us where we are today!

"IT Systems Administrator"

I have been working at Partners in Leadership full-time

Pros

steady work, friendly people, close to home, pay is average, people here like to have fun in the work place

Cons

I could get paid more

"Manager"

Pros

Amazing culture! The executive leadership supports and empowers employees.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.