Party City Reviews in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Party City Austin Reviews

Austin, TX Area

5.0
Jerry Rittenberg

Pros
  • Fun to work very colorful energetic friendly environment independent sometimes friendly customers (in 29 reviews)

• It's a fun environment to work in as far as retail goes (in 62 reviews)

Cons
  • The pay is minimum wage, so if you're looking for a job to pay rent I would recommend looking elsewhere (in 70 reviews)

• low pay, halloween is craziness (in 56 reviews)

"Honestly the best job I've had"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pflugerville, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pflugerville, TX

I have been working at Party City full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easiest job you could ever have as long as you have a good work ethic and are willing to learn, you get to help customers plan out their events and it's great helping them create memories and it's even better when customers come back and look for you for help because you helped them before

Cons

Not really any cons other that it can get pretty slow at times but that just means you have to find stuff to do and you will be fine

"Worst Job Ever."

Former Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX

Pros

Higher pay than my previous job.

Cons

Maybe it was just this particular store and their owners but the way it was run was AWFUL! The owners would come in and threaten the employees that they could fire us easily if we didn't do a good job. People constantly quit so we were understaffed. I was always running from different stations acting in the place of where another employee should have been. Only 1 break for 30 min. Constantly standing and/or running. And absolutely ZERO JOB TRAINING!

Advice to Management

At least hire one person to just handle the phones. It was really hard to write all the person's balloon order information (phone number, credit card number, time and date of pickup, balloon count, colors...etc) down at the same time as dealing with customers at the register. And I would highly suggest not threatening your employees. Try making them LOVE their job and working for you.

Showing 2 of 1,046 reviews