Party City Reviews in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

3.1
Party City CEO Jerry Rittenberg
Jerry Rittenberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Worked at Party City for almost 6 years and lived through many hellish halloweens but overall it was a lot of fun to work here (in 34 reviews)

• Fun environment, tasks are repetitive, but not necessarily boring (in 72 reviews)

Cons
  • Even tho I was paid above minimum wage, supervisors don't get paid extra (in 75 reviews)

• low pay increase for hourly associates (in 62 reviews)

"Honestly the best job I've had"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pflugerville, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pflugerville, TX

I have been working at Party City full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easiest job you could ever have as long as you have a good work ethic and are willing to learn, you get to help customers plan out their events and it's great helping them create memories and it's even better when customers come back and look for you for help because you helped them before

Cons

Not really any cons other that it can get pretty slow at times but that just means you have to find stuff to do and you will be fine

2. "Very easy but very small. Not easy to get a raise."

Current Employee - Cashier Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Party City part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Doesnt take much efford it's very slow, And easy. The only time that it gets busy is Halloween. And ballons are fun

Cons

Not much to do. Its all fun And games until a balloon with hickory pops in your face. Staying at the samw pay and not seeing any improvement.

Advice to Management

Give raises more often i worked there for more than a year with the same pay i started

3. "Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Party City full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay wasn't too bad for managers

Cons

Franchise owners were not friendly

Advice to Management

Take care of your associates

"Worst Job Ever."

Former Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX

Pros

Higher pay than my previous job.

Cons

Maybe it was just this particular store and their owners but the way it was run was AWFUL! The owners would come in and threaten the employees that they could fire us easily if we didn't do a good job. People constantly quit so we were understaffed. I was always running from different stations acting in the place of where another employee should have been. Only 1 break for 30 min. Constantly standing and/or running. And absolutely ZERO JOB TRAINING!

Advice to Management

At least hire one person to just handle the phones. It was really hard to write all the person's balloon order information (phone number, credit card number, time and date of pickup, balloon count, colors...etc) down at the same time as dealing with customers at the register. And I would highly suggest not threatening your employees. Try making them LOVE their job and working for you.

Showing 4 of 1,189 reviews