Parx Casino "full time" Reviews | Glassdoor

Parx Casino Employee Reviews about "full time"

Updated May 29, 2019

Found 87 reviews

3.4
Anthony Ricci
Pros
Cons
  • "They eventually took away many of my shifts so that I would not get full-time hours and they wouldn't have to give me benefits(in 6 reviews)

• "suggestions aren't considered much by upper management(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "full time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Just a cog"

Former Employee - Poker Dealer

I worked at Parx Casino part-time for more than a year

Pros

There were always many games running and it was relatively easy to make consistent cash.

Cons

They eventually took away many of my shifts so that I would not get full-time hours and they wouldn't have to give me benefits. The high-limit players treated us like garbage, and we simply had to deal with it.

Parx Casino2019-03-27
  2. "Parkette"

I have been working at Parx Casino

Pros

Tips. Regular customers. Has good ventilation so its not that smoky compared to other casinos.

Cons

Dont think about getting benefits if your new. It’s basically impossible to get full time as a parkette.

Advice to Management

Try to consider on hiring more full time parkettes. Dont be stingy with benefits, some of us actually need it. What kind of system is having a “list” to become full time. Extremely unprofessional.

Parx Casino2019-01-06
    • "Poker Dealer"

Former Employee - Poker Dealer in Bensalem, PA

I worked at Parx Casino part-time for more than a year

Pros

The money is there with base wage and tips. The 8 hour shift flies by with atlas one to two 30-minute breaks paid for. Can become full-time if work there for more than 6 months and ask management about open positions.

Cons

The customers/patrons can get annoying to deal with but the money is worth it. Some overnight hours can get old but it's not bad at all.

Parx Casino2018-03-13

"Difficult job but living wage if fulltime"

I have been working at Parx Casino full-time

Pros

Although tips vary day to day, they generate a living wage salary if you're a full time employee. Easy access from I-95 and pa turnpike.

Cons

Difficult to achieve fulltime status. Any promotion or departmental move requires a transfer to night shift-which is no trouble for some folks but can present problems for others. Difficult to take time off as a dealer (vacation and sick time are paid at base rate, so $35-$45/day is not an option for many dealers. We simply can't afford the loss of pay). Gamblers are often angry and cruel-understandable, because most...

Advice to Management

Please be more supportive of employees' efforts. Please be more open and fair in evaluations.

Parx Casino2015-09-09
      • "Such a great experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Bensalem, PA

I have been working at Parx Casino part-time for more than a year

Pros

I love my job. Great co-workers in every department. It's such a great feeling to walk down the hall and comfortably say Hello to everyone. I've made many friends working at Parx and continue to do so each day. The employee cafeteria is beautiful. The pay is fabulous. Fun company wide events and contests with awesome prizes.

Cons

My main dislike of working @ Parx is the fact that we have to work every holiday. I am part-time and work a few days a week but they will always schedule us on holidays. I would love to spend time with my family on an upcoming Chrostmas, Thanksgiving or Easter soon. It almost breaks my heart. Parx gives scholarship money to full-time employees. I am a part time employee but...

Advice to Management

Maybe get to know the employees more... Possibly offer some type of scholarship money to Part-time employees as well.

Parx Casino2014-04-29

"This is the most stressful, tiring job I have ever had."

Current Employee - Table Dealer in Bensalem, PA

I have been working at Parx Casino part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good money. Nice employee lunchroom. Awesome co-workers. If you need extra money, it is a good 2nd job. Very diverse people.

Cons

Full of nepotism. You rarely get promoted if you are a dealer. Most dealers are PT and are treated like trash. No benefits unless you are full-time, even if you are a part-time employee who works 40 hours. Management eats for free, dealers must pay for food, which is pricey. Base pay is 4.25, so if people do not tip, expect to have a lousy paycheck. Most people who work here...

Parx Casino2014-02-12

"made a lot of friends, but upper management doesn't care about the employees at all and it isn't just my opinion."

Former Employee - Table Games Dealer in Bensalem, PA

I worked at Parx Casino full-time for more than a year

Pros

tips were good, a lot of good people work there, it's a fun environment, dealers stuck together.

Cons

no respect for employees, hired employees at part time status but scheduled full time hrs so they didn't have to pay health insurance

Advice to Management

start caring about your employees. There were good people employeed for you, VERY good people that you just let go without any warning. You hire people for part time, have them work full time hours so you don't have to pay medical benefits. Sure it may be a good casino to put money in your pockets, and the employees but no one sees what it's like behind the surface. This company is the worst I have EVER worked for.

Parx Casino2014-01-26

"No consistency in management"

Current Employee - Table Dealer in Bensalem, PA

I have been working at Parx Casino full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Full time, benefits, co workers, parking,

Cons

No consistency with rules with management, all chiefs no Indians, management never speaks to most of us, too many rules, selective promotions

Advice to Management

Smile, be friendly, say hello, and make one rule for the casino instead of everyone having their own.

Parx Casino2013-12-24
      • "Fine company, but stuck at part time."

I have been working at Parx Casino

Pros

Parx has a lot of great co-workers and supervisors.

Cons

They rarely give full time, and its done bureaucratic rather than logical or even seniority.

Parx Casino2013-11-19