Passages Malibu Reviews

Updated Sep 6, 2020

3.2
Passages Malibu CEO Pax Prentiss
Pax Prentiss
Pros
  • "Positive and creative work environment with room to grow and learn(in 4 reviews)

• "nice view overlooking the ocean but that's about it(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Miss working with Passages"

Former Employee - Intake Coordinator in Malibu, CA

I worked at Passages Malibu part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Loved working with Pax and Chris

Cons

Don’t work there anymore !

2. "Detox job in Malibu"

4.0
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Malibu, CA

I have been working at Passages Malibu part-time for less than a year

Pros

Somewhat nice location, pleasant work environment

Cons

Unless you live locally, and I mean right in Malibu boy is it a long windy drive

3. "do not work here!!!!"

1.0

I worked at Passages Malibu full-time for less than a year

Pros

nice view overlooking the ocean but that's about it

Cons

toxic work environment, no support from hr or management, little to no room for growth within the company, employees are mistreated and underpaid for the work that is done. This was one of the worst work experiences I have ever had. The staff are not friendly or welcoming, and in my time there I watched multiple employees start and quit within a week. Don't bother starting

4. "Nurse"

Former Employee - Nurse

I worked at Passages Malibu full-time

Pros

Providing patient care and connecting to patients.

Cons

No decent management. Nurses all hate each other No support from administration. Clients run the show.

5. "Good organization"

Former Employee - CMA III

I worked at Passages Malibu full-time

Pros

Wonderful working environment very nice people

Cons

Can't really think of any

6. "Family Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Billing in Malibu, CA

I have been working at Passages Malibu full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Caring father and son team, always respectful, Beautiful place to work at the view helps to get through any day, Great teamwork, Nice loving family atmosphere

Cons

The drive is always difficult but it allows to time to sing, sometimes return calls But mostly just take in the ocean view which provides the start of the day relaxing and allows the end of the day to unwind.

Continue reading

"Job not secure very hectic environment"

I worked at Passages Malibu full-time

Pros

Great working clinicians. Very caring and talented therapists that care about their clients.

Cons

Poor communication with higher up administrators. Always confused with direction and poor structure. You are always confused due to administrators saying that you are doing a good job and then find out that they have to fire the staff that they just hired. High turn over!!! Your Job is never secure even though they lie and say it is. Lack of training and when they do have training it changes after and are more confused and not sure what direction they are taking. More focused on paperwork and caseload than caring for their employees and clearly communicating with them or considering their needs.

8. "Resident Support"

Current Employee - Resident Support in Malibu, CA

I have been working at Passages Malibu full-time for less than a year

Pros

- As a recent new hire, I thought I received sufficient training. I shadowed a fellow RS (Resident Support) and RS Lead who allowed me to ask questions as we went along - Documentation is done on the KIPU system which is user friendly. WiFi is all throughout the properties. - Training is provided for the following if you don’t already have it: CPR, RADT - Monthly RS staff meetings with RS Manager, Clinical Director and COO - All of the staff at Passages Malibu are friendly and approachable - As a current RS, I feel like a valued team member among everyone when it comes to our relationships with every client. - Coffee is always available in the office - Lots of walking. I usually meet my daily step goal at work. No need to go to the gym!

Cons

- The commute. I always use Google Maps because traffic and road conditions are unpredictable

Continue reading
  9. "Rewarding Nursing Job"

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Malibu, CA

I have been working at Passages Malibu full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great schedule, Great co-workers, rewarding opportunities in client care & Career. awesome work atmosphere.

Cons

The one con would be my drive to work, I live quite far. but because I love my job, I drive the distance.

"If you are looking for just a job (but not to build a career), this is the place for you."

2.0
     in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Passages Malibu for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing view of the Pacific Ocean. Salaries are just a bit above from average for most positions

Cons

The attitude of the upper management leaves much to be desired. People are fired constantly for no-sense reasons. Company is very unorganized. Just as an example, CFO was fired. New "interim" CFO does not seem to know how to handle things around.

Found 51 reviews