Passageways Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paroon Chadha

1. "Family, respect, and always room to grow1 Love this place! Join the family !"

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Specialist in Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Specialist in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Passageways full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This job has not only shown me that there is good people in life but also that there is a job that you can be respected at when you work hard and do your best. Very family oriented and wouldn't change anything.

Cons

The only challenge I have experienced in this job is that it is not always easy but it's what you do to challenge yourself to get through and succeed.

2. "There's something special at Passageways"

Current Employee - Director of Product Management in Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Director of Product Management in Lafayette, IN

Pros

I have worked for many Fortune 500 companies around the country and one small startup. Each a different industry. The magic I've found at Passageways far surpasses any work dynamic I've ever experienced. I have never had such great response to my desire to push a product team as fast as it can go. I have also, to date, not had a CEO who is more open or responsive to great ideas.

Almost all the product changes I would have recommended to put in place were already present at Passageways when I started. I have to say, that is such a relief. Because of that, it was so easy to make a few small changes and really rev-up feature production on our products.

Of course, we are not done. More changes will come, but that's the best part of Passageways. When something is needed, the whole team is ready to go to work to make it happen.

Passageways is a company whose entire employee population is dedicated to delivering the best possible product in a timely manner, living up to our promises we make to customers, and enjoying the ride along the way.

I can't express how important it is to find a gem of a company like Passageways, but I can tell you that if you are fortunate to work here, you will enjoy what you do.

We move far...we move fast...and we love building products and teams.

Cons

I really thought there would be some downsides when I started about 9 months ago, however, the changes I've seen in 2016 have laid those fears to rest. I couldn't be happier with the responsiveness of the management team.

I do have one thing I would like to see, which I know is in the works, so it's really a non-issue. That is, I'd like to see a career path at least for engineers, then for all employees. Complete with job descriptions, salary ranges, etc. I think it's good for employees to have something to work towards. As part of the management team, I am pushing for this and we will see that happen.

Advice to Management

We have had such a great forward momentum in the first two quarters of 2016. Let's continue to accelerate our pace and expand way beyond our comfort zones.

3. "Purpose, Team and Fun"

Current Employee - Middle Manager in Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Middle Manager in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Passageways (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Feels like we are part of a team and several opportunities to know other groups within the team. The work itself is at a good pace and is interesting.

Cons

The biggest downside is location itself. Companies benefits plan could be better.

5. "What it's like working at Passageways"

I have been working at Passageways full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exceptional culture! The people at Passageways are creative, fun, and dedicated to improving the company.
    Flexible working environment.
    Good location.
    Career advancement opportunities

Cons

The only ding would be concerning benefits. Health insurance and retirement options are available but the coverage could be much better.

"Bad experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Passageways full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like getting paid on the 15th and last day of the month

Cons

Pay, Management, Little to no days off, benefits, scope creep

7. "Impressive Culture"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Passageways full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Start up, culture, no micromanagement, sweet office space

Cons

pay not as competitive as others in the industry, no dental insurance, high deductible health insurance

8. "Working in a close team environment"

Current Employee - A little bit everything in Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - A little bit everything in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Passageways full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good first year.
    Exciting work allowing for being creative
    Nice coworkers.
    Energetic atmosphere.
    Interesting projects.
    Develop quickly.
    Has potential.

Cons

Salary and benefits could be better

9. "Been a good ride!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Passageways full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers, young management, flex time, relaxed and soon new offices.

Cons

In temp space for a few weeks, small for rapid personal growth.

Advice to Management

allow new people to shine - ask them to make observations and lead initiatives.

10. "Great Place to work!"

I have been working at Passageways full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked in other organizations before and its wonderfully different at Passageways. The management is caring with great values with a real focus on customers. I have had some of the best managers and have been lucky to work with bright and talented co- workers.

Managers are understanding and you are never penalized for having to take time off or having to leave early or come in late to work (within reason of course). There is a lot of transperancy within the company. There is an open door mentality and the management is always open to suggestions and feedback.

Being a small team you truly have the chance to make an impact. You can focus on work and not worry about red tape or company politics. Opportunities are plenty and it is upto you to drive and take initiatives.

Cons

Need more office space. Based out of a basement. there are plans to move to a bigger office. Look forward to the move this summer!

11. "Passageways Cares"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Passageways full-time

Pros

You can make a big impact at Passageways. They are still small enough that your hard work will be noticed and your ideas taken seriously.

Management will never make you put work before your Family. If you have to spend time away from work for personal reasons, you will not be punished for it. Within reason, of course.

They aren't afraid to stay on the leading edge of technology when it serves a purpose. As a software developer, you won't fall behind the times.

Cons

Salary and benefits are not competitive. WIth Indianapolis and Chicago relatively close, it's hard to attract and retain talent in a small town.

Advice to Management

Let the people you hire make decisions. They may make distakes now and again, but they will not grow or learn otherwise.